Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Customer Since
    never

The Samsung Comment 2

I saw that this phone was recently released and I think avenue should make a new sub-forum pertaining to this phone. I tried sending avenue a PM but his inbox was full.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Mar 2013

I just bought the Comment 2 and I can't find an answer anywhere to this question: Is there a way to send text messages longer than 150 characters? Every phone I've ever had would automatically break up longer messages and send them in pieces, but the Comment 2 stops me at 150 characters and won't let me input any more text. I have to send the message and then create a new one, or save it as a draft and send both at the end if I want them to arrive at nearly the same time. Anyone have any ideas?

Customer Since
    never

I've seen that to be the case with with many of the feature phones my friends had before moving on to androids which don't have this problem. This is caused by the OS in those phones being outdated and lacking many of the features phones from the national carriers had years ago. A few of the newer phones did convert longer messages to a MMS but that was not always the most convenient option. To me I found sprint's implementation to be best splitting into several messages while also numbering each in a "(1 of 2) , (2 of 2)" fashion. With the OS being closed source the best solution other than getting an Android phone is saving each part of a message as a draft then sending each at the same time.

Thread Information