Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    M886

Credit card notification?

Did anyone else get a credit card offer show up in their notifications? My girlfriend and I both got it, on different phone models. I'm trying to figure out where it came from. If it was pushed to the phones by Cricket, an app, or if someone found another way to push an offer to phones. It showed up as a green + in the notifications on my Mercury.
    Last edited by moldavia; 01-24-2012 at 01:43 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

It's probably Spam. Normally when you download apps, if you aren't careful, you will get these... You can download AirPush Detector in the Android Market and it will pinpoint which app is sending you this Spam.

Let us know how it works.
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

Yeah, I think it was probably an application. You never know, it could be doing something else too. If you can find out which application it is, you might want to delete it.

Unless it is an application that shows advertisements.. If it is showing advertisements then that's just how they pay to keep it free.

Definitely check out what knewsom32 mentioned. There was an article about it not too long ago also.

Phone
    M886

Quote Originally Posted by knewsom32 View Post
    It's probably Spam. Normally when you download apps, if you aren't careful, you will get these... You can download AirPush Detector in the Android Market and it will pinpoint which app is sending you this Spam.

Let us know how it works.
    AirPush Detector didn't find anything. The thing that really bugs me is, I gave my girlfriend my Zio after I did a reset. She got it activated yesterday. I got my Mercury on Saturday. We really don't have any common apps installed other than the Cricket apps, and I removed some of the preinstalled crap off of the Zio, like the games and the Cricket Storefront. I can't think of any app we have installed in common, other than the Cricket MyBackup that could do that. The fact that it showed up as a app notification, not an SMS message really bugs me.
    Last edited by moldavia; 01-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Thread Information