Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Question Cricket Crosswave To VZW?

Ok, My question is, Can my cricket crosswave be flashed to an unlimited data VZW droid profile? I have two Droid X2's on the same contract and the little crosswave runs the internet for mytablet. the cricket coverage in my area is pretty poor and doesn't cover within about 60 miles of my lake house. Now I know that verizon network does authenticate meid numbers, so the question becomes, can the crosswave be flashed to verizon using the droid profile and can the meid/esn/imei numbers be changed/masqued to allow it to show up as an authentic connection. Any input would be helpful. thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by jackel0228 View Post
    Ok, My question is, Can my cricket crosswave be flashed to an unlimited data VZW droid profile? I have two Droid X2's on the same contract and the little crosswave runs the internet for mytablet. the cricket coverage in my area is pretty poor and doesn't cover within about 60 miles of my lake house. Now I know that verizon network does authenticate meid numbers, so the question becomes, can the crosswave be flashed to verizon using the droid profile and can the meid/esn/imei numbers be changed/masqued to allow it to show up as an authentic connection. Any input would be helpful. thanks.
    MEID/esn manipulation is a federal crime. Answer is no.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We wouldn't go the route of changing the ESN. You might be able to put the data profile on it thought. This would be new territory for me. Woof was right in his explanation of changing actual ESNs on a device.

The device would have to be hooked up to the USB port and the appropriate drivers installed. After that, tell me what shows up in your device manager that belongs to this device. If you are uncertain of that much, just give me a screenshot of your device manager with everything expanded. Please place it in the forum so everyone can have a look.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Huawei Mass Storage Device Under Disk Drives, Usb mass storage device under cd/dvd drives, Huawei Mobile Connect 3g under network adapters, and 3 com ports. com 10, 11, and 12. Application interface, GPS interface, and PC UI interface.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crfosswave.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	712
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 09-03-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I just clicked the image and made it bigger. I'd try port 11 and 12 and see if you can connect to them via QPST. That would be the next step.

If you're aren't familiar with QPST, there is a QPST tutorial with pictures here: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...=qpst+tutorial
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

jackel0228 any update on this? were you able to get qpst to see your Crosswave?

.... Sortof....

I wasn't able to use QPST, due to pc issues, but I came up with something just as good for my purposes. I was able to use the manual programming menu to set my own MDN & MIN, which I just copied from a friends cricket droid. This allows the device to authenticate with the cricket network and have a data connection via that contract.

Edit: Didn't have to nor would i manipulate the esn/meid of the devices. My limited understanding of the cricket network is that they don't have any kind of esn authentication in place, thus allowing this awesome travishamockery
    Last edited by jackel0228; 10-10-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Phone
    Nexus S 4G

after researching on the picture of the com ports you posted.. im gonna take a risk on the device and hope that it can connect to qpst.

when you did the manual activation.. theres usually an "unlock code" of some sort first.. was yours 000000?

Verified Developer
    Customer Since
    Never
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

um, yeah changing esn is a fed bust waiting to happen... but loading an LTE Prl onto your phone thru qpst isn't, cross tower roaming connections are legal BUT you're data plan will get raped if used too much. Sprint users have used this PRL ( my self included) and there is a difference but not enough to chance getting a contract (if any) cancelled... unless you WANT them to kill your contract... then you can get around the disconnection contract termination fee

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

You can get the Master Subsidy Lock if you're rooted by downloading
    https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

qpst you need to alter the driver. if you need help let me know

Thread Information