Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Huawei Mercury what?

So most of us now have the Huawei Mercury and feel as we have the best phone ever made from Huawei right?
    WRONG
    Huawei has another thing up their sleeve.
    “smartest, fastest and most high-performing smartphone yet.”

Link

Huawei to Unveil Their “Smartest, Fastest and Most High-Performing Smartphone Yet” February 26th

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

The best phone on Cricket is what we have. And if that new phone isn't coming to Cricket, so what? Huawei only makes phones for Cricket, Metro and AT&T in the US so it's not like we'll be able to flash it.

Sorry, not news.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Maybe not you. Nonetheless it is news because the Merc/Honor is the best phone so far from Huawei. If it does come to Cricket, AT&T and Metro then why would there be a need to flash it if its already with Cricket? If it is GSM there could be a Sim Unlock for it, could come in handy for those who have a SIM and are tired of their low end budget phone and do not want to pay 499 for a high end phone. Could just be unveiling the new 4G phone for Cricket, who knows.
    Only because it doesnt pertain to Cricket in general doesnt mean it isnt news overall.
    Last edited by the258; 12-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.

I was hoping to see some more details but it looks like they want people to wait!

I've been really impressed with Huawei's products. I hope they keep it up.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Seems like they are going to pull the same thing they did with the Honor/Mercury. Unveil it at the beginning of the year and release it at the end, ha.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Well since this is a Cricket forum, I assumed the Cricket part may have been important.
    No biggie.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 12.0%

@Woof, in reading your posts the last week or so, seems like your getting a bit sinical. Lol. Perhaps due to the stress of the holidays?

But I do, in part, agree with you. I don't put much stock in these typeset of news releases when they are unveiling a product at a developers show. Generally these are just "proof of concept" items that will never see the light of day in there then current form. But it'll be nice to see what this company can do for cricket in the future

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post
    @Woof, in reading your posts the last week or so, seems like your getting a bit sinical. Lol. Perhaps due to the stress of the holidays?<br>
    <br>
    But I do, in part, agree with you. I don't put much stock in these typeset of news releases when they are unveiling a product at a developers show. Generally these are just "proof of concept" items that will never see the light of day in there then current form. But it'll be nice to see what this company can do for cricket in the future
    I am always cynical. My "play nice with others" filter just isnt seated properly I guess.
    These sort of posts remind me of spoiled children. The newest best Cricket phone EVER just hits the shelves and already some people are looking to the next thing. I just don't get that and it knocks the filter loose. For that matter I don't get why alot of folks do alot of things. Life is short, appreciate what you have and shut up.

/rant.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Probably best i don't go there
    Last edited by Sport; 12-21-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

huawei anyone?

Chinese boy chained to lamp post by dad | Mail Online

j/k. . but really cricket should invest in American companies. or American companies should invest in more affordable/quality products.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Life is short, appreciate what you have and shut up.

/rant.
    So it bothers you how other people use their own lives?
    Any who yea this is a cricket forum but theirs subtopics on the forum as well for various topics. Its not like Las Vegas is Cricket related.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by the258 View Post
    So it bothers you how other people use their own lives?
    Not at all. I dont care what you do with your life. I am annoyed by certain things though. I comment on them. Your initial post came across to me as "Ya the Mercury is great but there's already something better coming". It rubbed me the wrong way.
    Any who yea this is a cricket forum but theirs subtopics on the forum as well for various topics. Its not like Las Vegas is Cricket related.
    I'm not sure what youre getting at here with the first sentence, but Vegas is a Cricket market so it could be Cricket related. That said the Vegas conversation in the other thread was about customer service in Vegas as compared to Cricket.

Back on the topic of this thread. The phone announcement you liked to gives no indication it will be released on Cricket, and there is no buzz within Cricket that I have been able to get info on about another high end Huawei phone coming, so I stand by my initial comment that it's not really news. You think it is and thats great. There are some really cool new HTC's on the horizon too, but not for Cricket. Same thing.

In closing, as I have said in many places on the internet over the years I have been on the internet, if you don't want people to comment and potentially disagree with what you have to say or think, don't put it out there in a public forum. If you want the last word, create a blog and turn comments off. While it may seem odd to you I enjoy these discussions (some call them arguments) because in almost all cases I learn something.

Merry Christmas

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Oops....didnt mean to close this.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Any who, I assumed it might come to Cricket but overall teh Mercury/Honor is the best phone so far from Huawei and theres already something new that is going to be unveiled that is even better than what most have now from Huawei. Feel free to move this thread to the other Androids (?) Sub threads.

Phone
    Huawei Mercury

I am not surprised, pretty sure anytime a phone is released they already have another one that is better down the pipe that is pretty close to release. I personally love my Merc and plan on keeping it for at the very least a year. Then if I grow out of it, or something comes along that is priced right and has better features then I will pick it up.

My only gripe with Cricket is that I would much rather spend my money on a product that was not made in China. I do feel guilty supporting any company that is based in a Communist country. I really have no problem purchasing anything made by Samsung or even HTC, but I was a bit hesitant to buy a Huawei device. I am a fan of the Mercury, but will never be a fan of Communist China.

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Im guessing the Huawei Ascend P1/P1S their upcoming
    “Smartest, Fastest and Most High-Performing Smartphone Yet”

http://phandroid.com/2012/01/09/huawei-ascend-p1-s-announced-as-worlds-thinnest-smartphone-ces-2012/

Thread Information