Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Flash Sprint Motorola Photon 4G to Cricket (talk,text,internet,MMS?)

Diag Mode

As with all phones, getting a diag port to come up on your computer is one of the most important things. This portion of the tutorial is copied from money226 @ XDA-Developers.

NOTE: In my experience, you have to connect AS SOON AS the device connects to the computer. If you have an audible noise when a USB device is plugged in, this might help. If you wait too long the port might come up as busy.

--Start--
    Let me start by saying I'm not a dev so don't expect a whole lot from me. I do know some things though and will answer any questions I can.

So here goes. First off I plugged my phone in regularly without debugging on and let it install all the drivers by clicking on each mode on the phone. Then I turned it debugging on and let the rest install. Now for whats important.

1. Plug usb into computer.
    2. Power down the phone.
    3. Hold volume down and power to get into the bootloader menu.
    4. Press volume down until you see BP Tools.
    5. Press volume up.
    6. New drivers should install.
    7. One of them says something about diagnostics and will give a port#. Mine was com 18.
    8. The phone should then boot up.
    9. Open QPST and you should see the port it showed during drive installation.

If it does but says no phone just boot back into BP Tools and the phone will show. Proceed as you normally would with QPST.

You will need your MSL to do anything with QPST. The best way to get it is to call Sprint and ask. I'm working on other methods but that's the only way with this phone for now.

This should also allow CDMA workshop to work but you'll need your MSL for that also as myself and a few others have been unsuccessful getting it with CDMA workshop.

Update:
    Forgot to add make sure you have QPST build 366 or above or it won't work right.

Here is the link for QPST build 366

http://conflipper.com/Software/QPST_2.7_366.rar

--End--

SPC

At this time you might need to get your SPC from Sprint or a dealer that will help you out. I paid someone. Right now we're unsure of the location where the SPC is located or any other method of retrieving it.

UPDATE:
    Guide How to Read MSL/SPC code - xda-developers

Credit - farookh

Download RadioComm 11.12.2:
    RadioComm_v11.12.2_Install.zip

Install it and follow the video below.

You can convert the hex to decimal here:
    TRANSLATOR, BINARY

CDMA WS

The only thing I really use CDMA WS for here is to write an NV item. The NV item we'll be writing is attached to this thread.

Open CDMA WS, then connect to the COM port your Photon is on.

On security tab send your SPC.

Go to "Memory" tab and click write under NV items. Find the NV item you downloaded from this thread.

It should then say, 1 NV item was successfully written to phone.

Close CDMA WS and do not allow the program to reset the device.

QPST

Open up QPST, make sure you've added the port that your device is on, and select the Photon. Hit read and enter the SPC. Use the tutorial below to fill in everything necessary.

QPST Tutorial with Pictures (Cricket)

Once you are done, hit write and let the phone reboot.

MMS

Try: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-m...html#post65448

OR THERE IS A UNIVERSAL SOLUTION

Try: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...-wireless.html

At this point you should have talk, text, and Internet if you are on the 55 dollar Android plan. Obviously you will need to have placed this phone on your Cricket account also. You'll have to play with MMS as I do not have a Photon in my hands anymore. The Go SMS workaround (posted in the forum) might work.

FROM DINA

Successfully flashed a photon with 3g (still working on mms).
    1) Get the msl code (purchase it on
    ebay

or get it from sprint)
    2) Dial ##3282#, then all the way on the bottom find USB Diag mode. Click on it, hit menu, edit, enter the msl code. Turn on Diag mode.
    3) Connect to PC as a
    motorola

portal.
    4) Install
    motorola

drivers (that moto helper thing)
    5) Set up HW as 192.168.16.2 port 11008, create the port.
    6) Remaining is done in CDMA and QPST the same way as any other
    motorola

droid, but you will load 2 sets of NVs. One regular NVs, and one that radio unlock (you can find it in the posts above).
    7) Leave MIP as Mobile+Simple (for some reason only simple does not work, the phone will have a notification on top about some mobile ip registration error, but it is not a bugging error 67 like on EVo).
    8) Make sure the phone is on the account. Dial *228, let it program. Reboot couple times. 3g will be there.

That's how I got mine working. Will post more once I get this MMS thingy figured out.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-10-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

I would like to See The Tutorial.
    Thanx in advanced chris....i really appreciate your work.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I might become a little bogged down this week so I'll give some pointers really quick.

Once you find out how to get into diag mode (Google this, also you want to try and connect to CDMA or QPST as soon as the device is detected by the computer... Waiting any longer could result in the device being "busy").

Other than that it flashes like a Droid/Droid 2/Droid 3/Droid X. I've just attached the required NV items to the first post.

They unlock the data profiles.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

interested in tutorial

Just bought a photon thinkin it was on cricket but it's not. I would really love to see the tutorial so I can flash iy myself. Thanks in advance.

photocricketon

i just got a brand new photon and would like to see the tutorial, thanks

Everything is Sticking but Not able to get Data Yet

THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME PORT WAS BUSY and didnt let me open it... tried with hwvsp and nada

Please post a tutorial of this. I just bought it but its useless if i cant get it on cricket. Thanks

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by lolopez999 View Post
    THIS DID NOT WORK FOR ME PORT WAS BUSY and didnt let me open it... tried with hwvsp and nada
    HW Serial Port doesn't work because Motorola uses that IP for a web based interface.

You must connect using the method posted and do it as soon as the device connects with the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    HW Serial Port doesn't work because Motorola uses that IP for a web based interface.

You must connect using the method posted and do it as soon as the device connects with the computer.
    I got it worked once with HWSP+QPST but after my second time I input the A-Key, the port goes busy all the time. Now qpst can read the port again using 2.5.1 driver but it won't show the phone. I've try to flash and it only worked once though..is it hardware lock? Now after flashing to stock I loose my prl and can only use GSM, darn it. any suggestion? I leave the photon off (without batt) for 1 nite and no good

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Have you tried the BP Tools method?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Have you tried the BP Tools method?
    Yeah, BP Tools mode now can only detect the port but show no phone using 5.2.1 driver. But it says port busy
    Using 5.2.0 driver. At the first time I successfully flash my phone using 5.2.0 driver. Radiocomm can read phone easily though, but can do nothin bout the phone..

3g?

were you able to get 3g working or just 1x on this phone assuming you were using the 60z plan on this

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We got rid of the phone before we could play with it more. That's how the cookie crumbles when you need to pay bills. We asked someone to use the NV items we posted here on the thread and they said they got 3G working. If you're rooted and use GreenK45, the soon to be released CU Toolbox, or autostart/u2nl, you should be able to get it working on the 45 plan also.

okay I got my MoPho diag port working (at last) on Win 7 32bit OS with these method: req Motorola 5.2.1 driver, QPST 2.7.366
    1. Clean install the driver
    2. Install all usb mode driver
    3. Get back to USB PC Mode and turn on BP Tools
    4. Open QPST and add the diag port
    5. Voila!! do whatever U want with the phone

Note: for those who experience diag port busy problem, U can only get it working again using 5.2.1 driver

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information