Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Leap Wireless' stock hits all-time low

share: digg facebook twitter NEW YORK (AP) Shares of Leap Wireless International Inc., the country's seventh-largest wireless carrier, plunged Thursday after it reported a loss of subscribers in the second quarter. Late Wednesday, the parent of the Cricket cellular service posted a wider loss for the April-to-June period and said it lost a net 103,000 subscribers. The report comes after ...

More...

Cricket Users' Free Android App - Read, post, and more from your Android device!

Find a phone to flash to Cricket!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    LG Optimus C

I predict Cricket will continue to decline in subscribers because of the way this company handles it's it'self. In my opinion, coming from a business side here. Cricket has declined to the lowest in tech and phone support. You can't hardly reach a human on the phone anymore, and if your lucky to reach someone, they're from another country not speaking English well, and their technical training is sub par.

Billing is another fault on Cricket's part. I feel, based on the problem's myself and others have had with Cricket is sub par, to even faulty. My credit card was over charged twice by Cricket and in each case, this company refused to refund the difference, which resulted in my credit card service having to take legal action. This also affects people who use electric checks and debit cards. Other billing issues include computers going down almost on a weekly bases and claims of service being upgraded, which also disrupts billing.

Just the whole politics going on in Cricket Wireless is wrong. Other faults is the cell phone insurance plan. Come on, you pay $200 or more bucks on a phone and drop your phone in the water and your insurance doesn't even cover you. That's right folks, they do not cover water damage, cracked touch screen, and battery leakage, and so on. Even if it did, you have to pay $85 to $100 bucks for a reconditioned phone, NOT NEW!!

Data cap of 1GB or less, this is not good politics here when most other providers offer 2.5GB or higher. Another problem Cricket has is users account becoming locked for no reason and now you have to visit a Cricket store to pay your bills. Oh yes, admit it, it's happen to you. It's happen to me four times and in each case I couldn't pay my bill on-line or even add a new phone. I know a lot of people may not have the time to keep driving to a local Cricket store every time there is a technical problem. This wouldn't happen if Cricket had 24/7 tech support answering the phone.

I can go one about all the problems Cricket wireless is facing, but that would take all day. I even offered to become an investor and give them free advice on how to improve their company to become number one. What a shame, all I got was the run around by the very people who run Cricket. They may think they know what they're doing now, but they don't, in my opinion of course. I decided to become an investor with Sprint by the way, and was given a warm welcome too. I felt like I was dealing with Americans who cared.

Cricket Wireless, you had your chance, I was willing to bring in some of the most smartest business heads that would have turned your company around. Oh well, if the president of Cricket Wireless is reading this, I wish you good luck and hope things get better.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Hexley View Post
    I predict Cricket will continue to decline in subscribers because of the way this company handles it's it'self. In my opinion, coming from a business side here. Cricket has declined to the lowest in tech and phone support. You can't hardly reach a human on the phone anymore, and if your lucky to reach someone, they're from another country not speaking English well, and their technical training is sub par.
    Agreed.

Billing is another fault on Cricket's part. I feel, based on the problem's myself and others have had with Cricket is sub par, to even faulty. My credit card was over charged twice by Cricket and in each case, this company refused to refund the difference, which resulted in my credit card service having to take legal action. This also affects people who use electric checks and debit cards. Other billing issues include computers going down almost on a weekly bases and claims of service being upgraded, which also disrupts billing.
    While I see the issues occasionally here, why dont people just use their banks billpay system to do this. That way you are in complete control and can cancel easily and YOU decide how much is paid. I have never gotten the ABP thing. What bank doesnt offer this for free now days?

Just the whole politics going on in Cricket Wireless is wrong.
    Not sure what you mean here.
    Other faults is the cell phone insurance plan. Come on, you pay $200 or more bucks on a phone and drop your phone in the water and your insurance doesn't even cover you. That's right folks, they do not cover water damage, cracked touch screen, and battery leakage, and so on. Even if it did, you have to pay $85 to $100 bucks for a reconditioned phone, NOT NEW!!
    Uh sorry you'd be wrong here. Handset Protection covers all those things. Anything customer induced is covered. And please find me a wireless company that doesn't charge a deductible. With the exception of life, all insurance usually has a deductible of some kind. As the the reconditioned phone comment, same thing every carrier does. They give you new if they can but after awhile new is replaced with reconditioned. Especially phones that have been discontinued. No new available.

Data cap of 1GB or less, this is not good politics here when most other providers offer 2.5GB or higher.
    And you generally pay more. You keep using the word politics. It's business. It's a financial decision.
    Another problem Cricket has is users account becoming locked for no reason and now you have to visit a Cricket store to pay your bills. Oh yes, admit it, it's happen to you. It's happen to me four times and in each case I couldn't pay my bill on-line or even add a new phone. I know a lot of people may not have the time to keep driving to a local Cricket store every time there is a technical problem. This wouldn't happen if Cricket had 24/7 tech support answering the phone.
    See above about your banks online billpay. 24/7 tech support is what you want, go to a company that offers this. You can't have all the bells and whistles of Verizon for less than half the cost. Sorry thats reality.

I can go one about all the problems Cricket wireless is facing, but that would take all day. I even offered to become an investor and give them free advice on how to improve their company to become number one. What a shame, all I got was the run around by the very people who run Cricket. They may think they know what they're doing now, but they don't, in my opinion of course. I decided to become an investor with Sprint by the way, and was given a warm welcome too. I felt like I was dealing with Americans who cared.
    I don't understand this Hexley. Offered to be an investor? Please explain what that means. If I am not mistaken to be an investor you just buy stock. Please elaborate.

Cricket Wireless, you had your chance, I was willing to bring in some of the most smartest business heads that would have turned your company around. Oh well, if the president of Cricket Wireless is reading this, I wish you good luck and hope things get better.
    See above comment.

Trust me, Cricket's problems are in my face everyday and I am far more frustrated by these things than any customer, but no wireless company is perfect. If there was a perfect wireless company, there would be only one.

** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Woof, you can buy stocks and be part investor, true, but I decided to become a business partner and investor where I actually will own my own cell phone tower and make a percentage on each call passing through that site. Also, first hand experience with Cricket's insurance plan, I was not covered for water damage, sorry if you disagree, but this was the case for me. Also, family members of mine, one of them had a cracked screen and was told it's not covered and need to pay retail price for a new phone.

If this insurance plan does cover these things, then was I ripped off? did someone take advantage of me and my family? I don't know. But I don't want to start a debate in here. Lets just say that I was one of the unlucky ones that got tossed out with the garbage.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ok that makes more sense. Thing is though, owning one tower isn't going to give you any more of a say in how the company is run, than my 500+ shares of stock. Actually I have more say because shareholders get to vote occasionally. Now if you bought all the towers...

You got screwed on the insurance. Did you try to do the claim at a dealer or a corp store? You don't need to do either. You can deal direct with the insurance company. They will give you a claim number and you can get a replacement via mail or by taking your claim number to the corp store.
    Sorry you had a bad experience, but the HPP does cover water, cracked screens, etc.

Woof, you can buy stocks and be part investor, true, but I decided to become a business partner and investor where I actually will own my own cell phone tower and make a percentage on each call passing through that site. Also, first hand experience with Cricket's insurance plan, I was not covered for water damage, sorry if you disagree, but this was the case for me. Also, family members of mine, one of them had a cracked screen and was told it's not covered and need to pay retail price for a new phone.

If this insurance plan does cover these things, then was I ripped off? did someone take advantage of me and my family? I don't know. But I don't want to start a debate in here. Lets just say that I was one of the unlucky ones that got tossed out with the garbage.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Woof, I will pass that on to a few of my family members and see if it works out. For other reasons I decided to leave Cricket. On the cell phone tower thing, sure, I know I wont have much say so. This is a first time for me getting into a partnership with Sprint as a friend of mine I went to collage with already owns three towers now. Just makes me envy him more when he brags about the checks rolling in. hehehe -- I asked him for help and he's the one getting me started.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

That's cool. I wish there were towers for sale here. I'd be on that like stink on poo. Good luck with it. Hope it works out for you.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    That's cool. I wish there were towers for sale here. I'd be on that like stink on poo. Good luck with it. Hope it works out for you.
    Thanks. If you own a plot of land somewhere with no cell phone coverage, you might get an offer to have a tower put on it. they will pay you rent each month.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thanks. If you own a plot of land somewhere with no cell phone coverage, you might get an offer to have a tower put on it. they will pay you rent each month.
    I heard about this all the time when I use to install long range wireless networks in the country...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information