Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Relockwich, this method and story you sharing is for cricket or metropcs?getting confuse here thank you though for the story?

2. Remove this advertisement.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Quote Originally Posted by joezack View Post
    Relockwich, this method and story you sharing is for cricket or metropcs?getting confuse here thank you though for the story?
    cricKet.

p.s. - lol it says cricket all over the post bro.

thank you for clearing out

Quote Originally Posted by tigran80 View Post
    add repo to cydia: cydia.easyflashstudio.com
    install cricket bundle and compatch for 5.0.1
    I read a thread where amo mentions that the cricket bundle from that repo does on work on 5.0.1. To only install the compatch for that version of ios. I will try that when I get $ added to DFS, since that seemed to have worked for you.

Thanks

@chrisngrod. I connected my sprint iphone 4 to dfs a couple of days ago. It took a while but finally it connected. Because i was new to dfs i only read a couple of things on dfs just to play around but i dint know how to program phone. Besides, i didn't have the spc code yet for the iphone. Now today the iphone won't connect at all. The iphone port is still there in the list but when i choose it and hit apply it wont connect. My phone is tethered so I don't want to reboot it. I turned off wifi and turned it back on. I rebooted my computer but nothing. Any ideas why my iphone wont connect anymore. I have team viewer.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Well, unfortunately the guy who was going to flash the DATA became unavailable. However, I've been speaking with him and it turns out that he can only full flash iOS 5.0.1 in which I asked if he would be able to downgrade it, etc. He's claiming he can only do it if I have my SSH blobs saved??? I don't know too much about iPhone and everything is just from what I learned today.

I'm just trying to post the situations and what worked out for me in case anybody is having problems for talk/text and can try another route.

This was the fix if you installed the commcenter and carrier bundle, and nothing seemed to change (e.g. real cricket logo in carrier slot doesn't show up)

If you follow the method for the CommCenter (I did not use the commcenter patch from easyflashstudio, instead I used the patch from v.backspace.jp/repo) and the Carrier bundle for cricket (prl and all files that would be in the zeppelin folder that are customized for cricket) for Cricket, it seems most people are having the problem of nothing happening after everything is installed (fastest way of telling is if the CRICKET LOGO is NOT in the carrier space)

This is basically a error of some sort where the download files from "carrier bundle for cricket" aren't being installed in the right location and are in a zip folder

Using iFile (add source sinfuliphonerepo.com in cydia for app)
    Navigate back to root of iPhone and follow path;
    /usr/ProvisionCricket/
    Press on Backup.tar.gz
    Unarchiver
    Done
    /usr/ProvisionCricket/User/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/

Now when you see two folders 310VZW & Zeppelin_US.bundle press EDIT in top right
    select both folders
    bottom right of screen press clipboard and Copy/Link and press done.

Navigate back to root and follow path;

/system/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

Here you should see the original folders (310VZW/Zeppelin_US) among others

Press edit in top right corner / bottom right corner press clipboard and paste

Overwrite ALL

----------------------------------------

Everything I have typed up is all information from multiple threads across many boards. I just put it all together and in a way that it worked for me. I, nor any other person but you is responsible for what may happen to your device.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Also, does anybody know how to enable Visual Voicemail for cricKet? OR disable visual voicemail so that pressing the voicemail icon calls straight to voicemail (early on when I was messing around my voicemail tab actually did that, but somehow now it shows the vv and throws the error it can't connect) and I'm not getting the voicemail notifications either!!!! HELP!

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

mine just went to recovery mode after the commpatch and bundle. Cannot get it out of there at all...(5.1 VZW)
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Well after the CommCenter install it will reboot the phone....since your teathered, this causes the problem of sending the phone into a bootloop. To fix this...

Connect phone to computer, start redsn0w, choose to boot tethered, and you have to press the lock and home key at the same time to black out the screen after the apple logo and release and quickly press power button to follow the same steps to put it into DFU mode.

It doesn't install in the wrong directory. Most of the people having problems are people on Verizon iPhones, it installs in the update directory for IPCC that is where it install's to. Verizon iPhones seems to be having an issue sense I don't have one, I wont be able to fix that issue till than.

2nd it doesn't place your phone in a boot loop. Your device will not boot because it's a tethered boot and the CommCenter patch breaks the CommCenter sign. So the device sits at the apple logo. YOU MUST TETHER BOOT because it REQUIRES a jailbreak to bypass the file sign.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Sorry amoamare and thank you for correcting me. Everything I learned is just from one day, so I just posted what I thought could help people on here who might have the same problems I had.

Sitting at the apple logo must be since the installation of the CommCenter right? I sware multiple times at least before today installing the CommCenter. That if I messed up, and booted untethered that the phone would load up, hear the whistle sound, let me put in my lock code, then show the loading circle, and then reboot and do it all over.

RLockwich,
    Not a problem.

CommCenter patch will require a tether boot even for it to pass the Apple Logo.
    Its very possible that after the patch is applied that it can send the device into a bootloop like you experienced. Things access the CommCenter all the time, its possible that for whatever reasons some link didn't get created correctly and they fail to load causing the device to reboot.

My recommendation for anyone wanting to do CommCenter patch is always start from a fresh start to avoid any issues. I don't add a ton of things to my phone's but I can tell you a lot of the jailbreak apps specially ones requiring "I forget the name" makes the device run extreamly unstable and I avoid those types of patchs, fixes, addons etc all together.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Amoamare,

Would you recommend that I use your CommCenter instead of the other one, initally I installed yours, but since the ipcc installed in the wrong location at the time I thought something was wrong so I tried the other one.

Is there anything different between yours and the j.backspace source CommCenter?

What kind of problems can occur to uninstall the other CommCenter and reinstall yours? Can it be as simple as uninstalling, rebooting, installing yours, and then a final reboot?

Also, do you think the CommCenter has anything to do with voicemail? For some reason, when I first tried flashing the iPhone I was getting the voicemail tab sending me straight to calling vm and I WAS recieving VM notifications, now I have no notifications and a error filled visual voicemail?

UPDATE: WooHoo! It was the CommCenter that was screwing up the Voicemail!!!! I installed your (Amoamare) CommCenter and it fixed the Voicemail problem. Now when I press the Voicemail icon it automatically calls voicemail. Hopefully this fixed the vm notifications as well. Knowing your CommCenter fixed the voicemail, I'm going to just put a bet on that there are other things that are most benificial to iOS in your CommCenter over the others. Thank you!

Last edited by RLockwich; 05-12-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I have tried installing 5.1 commcenter a few times. At first, it was just stuck on apple logo, but I could get out of it. Last time, it just went to the recovery mode, and nothing helped to get it out of there. I tried restoring custom IPSW, did not work. Error 1604 (and shutting down itunes and reopening, like people suggested on other forums, did not work). You cannot get it into a dfu mode either because each time you turn off the device with home+power, it turns right back on in under the 3 seconds, so redsnow gives me an error message.

Story behind why I tried installations so many times: stupid DFS overwrites with empty field if you do not read first before writing. So, I had this phone working, but min was incorrect. I went it, put the min (like I would normally do with CDMA workshop), the phone went into a search mode and started restarting on its own. It would not connect to DSF either after that. So, after doing a bunch of things (Thanks to Chris and his expertise), I finally got it to stop restarting. But it went to no service. Push flag and all that did not help. DFS neither (after it connected).

Main morale of this story: DO NOT WRITE before READING in DFS. So stupid, but what can we do?!
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Recognized Dev |Łĝıť.|

Use the commcenter patch from v.backspace.jp/repo It's universal and works on 5.01 & 5.1. And the cricket bundle is for sprint, he's updating it later.

Sent from my cricket iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I upgraded this one to 5.1.1 and then messed around with bundles. It is back to life with 3g and such, but no mms.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information