Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

You cannot get it into a dfu mode either because each time you turn off the device with home+power, it turns right back on in under the 3 seconds, so redsnow gives me an error message.

You should read on how to do DFU mode then. You're CommCenter was patched just fine, issue was you were not putting it in DFU in order to use tethered boot. You can do DFU mode at anytime doesn't matter if the phone is rebooting like crazy or not. The reason why it would just turn right back on is because in order to get to DFU mode you have to have a USB cable plugged in. This will prevent it from turning the device back on in 3 secs.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post

You should read on how to do DFU mode then. You're CommCenter was patched just fine, issue was you were not putting it in DFU in order to use tethered boot. You can do DFU mode at anytime doesn't matter if the phone is rebooting like crazy or not. The reason why it would just turn right back on is because in order to get to DFU mode you have to have a USB cable plugged in. This will prevent it from turning the device back on in 3 secs.

Nope. I do know how to put it in DFU The connect to itunes sigh was turning on right away when plugged in. And when the device was plugged in, then I would turn off with power and home, it would turn on to the itunes sign again right away. I upgraded and it took care of the issue. Hope there will be the compatch for 5.1.1 sometime in the future. Thanks for the help!
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

There will be.
    Simply backup your CommCenter and email it to me.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    There will be.
    Simply backup your CommCenter and email it to me.
    Now this I do not know how to do. Can you please give me steps for backing up the commcenter. Thanks!
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I was messing around, and I reinstalled the commcenter after it was already installed. Now I'm getting two red lines of error at the end and a cydia error that it was half installed, and to keep (temporary) or remove (unsafe) any way to fix this Amoamare?

Hey, Chris. We've Talked Before. I have 330$ Right Now and I am Willing to Pay As soon As Possible. I need An Iphone Fully Flashed To cricket On 5.0.1 Untethered I Will not Buy A 8gb because I had An Ipod and I was way Passed The Storage Capacity.

16gb or Higher Again I only Have about 330$
    I DO NOT WANT AN TETHERED Device. I might not be around My Computer all the time to Hard Boot It back up.

Message me or you can Contact me at

402-686-6954

Please Do Not SPAM my Number. THANKS

Get back to me as soon as you can

Overall activity: 1.0%

Will this work in the St. Louis area ?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by kcist123 View Post
    Will this work in the St. Louis area ?
    I think it would with 42600 prl.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by RLockwich View Post
    Well, unfortunately the guy who was going to flash the DATA became unavailable. However, I've been speaking with him and it turns out that he can only full flash iOS 5.0.1 in which I asked if he would be able to downgrade it, etc. He's claiming he can only do it if I have my SSH blobs saved??? I don't know too much about iPhone and everything is just from what I learned today.

I'm just trying to post the situations and what worked out for me in case anybody is having problems for talk/text and can try another route.

This was the fix if you installed the commcenter and carrier bundle, and nothing seemed to change (e.g. real cricket logo in carrier slot doesn't show up)

If you follow the method for the CommCenter (I did not use the commcenter patch from easyflashstudio, instead I used the patch from v.backspace.jp/repo) and the Carrier bundle for cricket (prl and all files that would be in the zeppelin folder that are customized for cricket) for Cricket, it seems most people are having the problem of nothing happening after everything is installed (fastest way of telling is if the CRICKET LOGO is NOT in the carrier space)

This is basically a error of some sort where the download files from "carrier bundle for cricket" aren't being installed in the right location and are in a zip folder

Using iFile (add source sinfuliphonerepo.com in cydia for app)
    Navigate back to root of iPhone and follow path;
    /usr/ProvisionCricket/
    Press on Backup.tar.gz
    Unarchiver
    Done
    /usr/ProvisionCricket/User/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/

Now when you see two folders 310VZW & Zeppelin_US.bundle press EDIT in top right
    select both folders
    bottom right of screen press clipboard and Copy/Link and press done.

Navigate back to root and follow path;

/system/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone

Here you should see the original folders (310VZW/Zeppelin_US) among others

Press edit in top right corner / bottom right corner press clipboard and paste

Overwrite ALL

----------------------------------------

Everything I have typed up is all information from multiple threads across many boards. I just put it all together and in a way that it worked for me. I, nor any other person but you is responsible for what may happen to your device.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Also, does anybody know how to enable Visual Voicemail for cricKet? OR disable visual voicemail so that pressing the voicemail icon calls straight to voicemail (early on when I was messing around my voicemail tab actually did that, but somehow now it shows the vv and throws the error it can't connect) and I'm not getting the voicemail notifications either!!!! HELP!

this fixed it on my verizon 5.0.1 ....now showing the cricket logo..thanks!!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

MISC Notes, Tips, etc:

When installing patches, changing files, etc, you may want to get back into CDMA Tool (freshly started) and recheck your settings. They may have changed.

Upgrading iOS Version on a Jailbroken iPhone:

Pwned DFU, TinyUmbrella NOT running, and hosts NOT set to Cydia. Hit restore and let iTunes download the latest version and update.

Long SMS Fix: (thanks to RLockwich for pointing out the problem)

Use Handcent. Just search in Cydia. It has message sending options where you can break up long texts into multiple texts automatically. Stop sending people long, crazy, jumbled up messages.

Activation Nag Screen:

Tried to use Amo's bundle and ##626, but it didn't seem to work with a VZW phone. I haven't done any Sprint phones.

If the phone is giving you the non activated state, it seems to mess up the carrier logo and MMS. I wasn't able to *228 a customer's phone, and it was upsetting me. I *228'd the content Mercury, and it worked so I knew it wasn't something in my area. This person lives in TN. I placed the ESN of the iPhone on my account and was able to *228 to get the activated screen on the iPhone. Switched information via DFS back to his.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/apple-ip...#ixzz1vEvCLhAl

Added this to OP. Well over time, but just did the last thing.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

MISC Notes, Tips, etc:

When installing patches, changing files, etc, you may want to get back into CDMA Tool (freshly started) and recheck your settings. They may have changed.

Upgrading iOS Version on a Jailbroken iPhone:

Pwned DFU, TinyUmbrella NOT running, and hosts NOT set to Cydia. Hit restore and let iTunes download the latest version and update.

Long SMS Fix: (thanks to RLockwich for pointing out the problem)

Use Handcent. Just search in Cydia. It has message sending options where you can break up long texts into multiple texts automatically. Stop sending people long, crazy, jumbled up messages.

Activation Nag Screen:

Tried to use Amo's bundle and ##626, but it didn't seem to work with a VZW phone. I haven't done any Sprint phones.

If the phone is giving you the non activated state, it seems to mess up the carrier logo and MMS. I wasn't able to *228 a customer's phone, and it was upsetting me. I *228'd the content Mercury, and it worked so I knew it wasn't something in my area. This person lives in TN. I placed the ESN of the iPhone on my account and was able to *228 to get the activated screen on the iPhone. Switched information via DFS back to his.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/apple-ip...#ixzz1vEvCLhAl

Added this to OP. Well over time, but just did the last thing.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

my iphone4 cdma firmaware 5.1(9B176) MODEL MC676LL 16GB SHUTT OFF AND ON

Any one help i have iphone 4cdma verizon with 5.1firmware after jailbreak and adding ssh keep shutting on and off all the time if i remove the cydia have no problem will work normal any idea thank you

Phone
    Iphone4 CricKet

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanx to All Who helped me Fully Flash IP4 To CricKet.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-21-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Removed quoted OP.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by joezack View Post
    Any one help i have iphone 4cdma verizon with 5.1firmware after jailbreak and adding ssh keep shutting on and off all the time if i remove the cydia have no problem will work normal any idea thank you
    I ran into this problem with a couple of devices. It might happen when Cydia is not updated. This only happened upon Jailbreaking with Cydia install. In my case I places the device in airplane mode, then turned wifi back on and quickly went into Cydia and let it update.

Good luck with this...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thank you chris will follow ur advise....................

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

hey chris more help canot see the update cydia after on and off wifi?

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information