Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: ERROR -1

Overall activity: 7.0%

ERROR -1

I know this may not be in the right section, but everyone in this section has been very helpful to me in the past on getting my i phone 4 flash to cricket...So here i go...Ok guys, im hoping someone on here can help me out. I just bought an i phone 5 straight from cricket not even a week ago. A day ago my phone kept saying "searching", and prior to that i kept dropping calls. Well without thinking twice i first *228...no luck, than i reset network setting, of course no luck, i than reset network setting and everything else, still no luck. I than restore, and after doing so, i got the message on my phone, that phone was not activated. So i decided to do a restore, after doing so, im stuck the i tune logo, and from here on out i keep getting the error -1 in itune when trying to restore. I've tried everything from putting my phone into dfu mode, restore mode, even tried restoring with ipsw i've downloaded, and even tried other pc. Now keep in mind i have check the basic, like latest i tune, disable firewall, even uninstall my anti virus, and still no luck. I've done research and found out it might be a hardware issue. My phone is not jail broken or anything like that. I've finally decided for a change not to jailbreak and i phone to work on cricket like i've done in the pass on here where all you guys have been very helpful. So before i decide to actually take it to an apple store for help, i wanna see if there is any solution on here, or if anyone on here can give me some guidance. Im pretty familiar with an i phone so any advice from anyone would be nice. thanks in advance

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

I literally had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Would not catch service so I tried to restore the phone and got stuck with a -1 error every time. I tried several computers/cables/usb ports and after research I concluded that it HAS to be a hardware problem

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by crmcsh01 View Post
    I literally had the EXACT same thing happen to me. Would not catch service so I tried to restore the phone and got stuck with a -1 error every time. I tried several computers/cables/usb ports and after research I concluded that it HAS to be a hardware problem
    I had the same issue and just resolved it. Try this it worked for me.

1. Use an Original iPhone USB cable.
    2. Put the phone into DFU mode.
    3. Use IREB and put the phone into Pawned DFU mode.
    4. Open iTunes
    5. Hold down Shift+Click on Restore button in iTunes
    6. Select your ipsw restore file.
    7. Let the phone complete the restore process

Hopefully this works for you. I tried using Redsn0w and it didn't work but the above method worked for me. Best of luck!

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankur414 View Post
    I had the same issue and just resolved it. Try this it worked for me.

1. Use an Original iPhone USB cable.
    2. Put the phone into DFU mode.
    3. Use IREB and put the phone into Pawned DFU mode.
    4. Open iTunes
    5. Hold down Shift+Click on Restore button in iTunes
    6. Select your ipsw restore file.
    7. Let the phone complete the restore process

Hopefully this works for you. I tried using Redsn0w and it didn't work but the above method worked for me. Best of luck!
    Thanks for the idea man.... Had a customer come in the other day with this problem.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Thread Information