Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

It was not per say something I sought out to do specifically, but once MMS is working bi-directional and correctly then iMessage should work by phone number for you. It sounds like your bundle is the problem. What did you use to flash it? And can I assume MMS is not fully functional, and im new to the whole forum thing so I am not sure how to quote your replay/post.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Just a bit of insight why DATA/MMS is important on the iPhone:

iMessage is similar to text messaging except it uses your data connection over the internet rather than your mobile phone providers SMS (text message) service. By data connection I mean GPRS, EDGE, 3G or WiFi.

iMessage does not cost anything to use as such, but it does use your data connection so if you are paying for that then there is a cost for the amount of data transferred (not much of just sending text).

iMessage messages can only be sent to people using iOS5+ devices with active iMessage accounts (you can turn iMessage on/off in settings).

If your iOS5+ device cannot reach the other iOS5+ device via iMessage within a certain time frame then your device will send the message via standard SMS (text message) instead (assuming your device supports SMS).
    Now this being said, depending on your bundle used, you may need to go into your settings and actually change the iMessage settings to your liking. The bundle dictates default settings on so much, even to the point that no matter what PRL you are using even after *228, you should make sure to turn on data roaming in case your bundle did not do that for you. I would love to share what I do and how I do it, ie: I full flash ANY iPhone 4 including iOS 6.0.1 but I do not wish to undermine those that are making money from hard work by giving away things for free. Its a very thin line...

And from what I have heard Rich's tool should do the trick but I think it only works on 5.1.1

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by ewsoares View Post
    It was not per say something I sought out to do specifically, but once MMS is working bi-directional and correctly then iMessage should work by phone number for you. It sounds like your bundle is the problem. What did you use to flash it? And can I assume MMS is not fully functional, and im new to the whole forum thing so I am not sure how to quote your replay/post.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

iMessage is similar to text messaging except it uses your data connection over the internet rather than your mobile phone providers SMS (text message) service. By data connection I mean GPRS, EDGE, 3G or WiFi.

iMessage does not cost anything to use as such, but it does use your data connection so if you are paying for that then there is a cost for the amount of data transferred (not much of just sending text).

iMessage messages can only be sent to people using iOS5+ devices with active iMessage accounts (you can turn iMessage on/off in settings).

If your iOS5+ device cannot reach the other iOS5+ device via iMessage within a certain time frame then your device will send the message via standard SMS (text message) instead (assuming your device supports SMS).
    Now this being said, depending on your bundle used, you may need to go into your settings and actually change the iMessage settings to your liking. The bundle dictates default settings on so much, even to the point that no matter what PRL you are using even after *228, you should make sure to turn on data roaming in case your bundle did not do that for you. I would love to share what I do and how I do it, ie: I full flash ANY iPhone 4 including iOS 6.0.1 but I do not wish to undermine those that are making money from hard work by giving away things for free. Its a very thin line...

And from what I have heard Rich's tool should do the trick but I think it only works on 5.1.1
    I got mine flashed from some guy in Craigslist. And yes mms isn't working. I can't send but I can receive.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Thank you ewsoares for helping me! If anyone needs a flash ask him!

Overall activity: 12.0%

Phone
    Nokia Lumia 630

Any way to flash the iphone 4 without paying $100 anyone know ?

The paid flash solutions only do the iOS 5.1.1 right? And I think riches tool does 6.0, I currently do 6.0.1 full flash with imessage and face time. I get requests to do them but I can't spend an hour of my time for free either. Granted I have never charged more than $50 to flash. I do take PayPal guys.

Ewsoares, I just had my iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 flashed from Verizon to cricket and having some of the same problems and was wondering if u could help me also...

What I know about the job that involved the flash: the guy told me everything would work, I am able to receive pictures, text messages and Internet access.... I know he used redsn0w. I was changed $50 for the full flash.

The issues I'm having: iMessage will no activate(concern 1), FaceTime won't activate(not a major concern), when trying to access my appleid.apple.com to correct my phone number to see if that is the issue I can sign into the support website for my appleid. I also had my phone previously jailbroken with 5.1.1 and was stupid enough and accidentally updated the software to 6.0.1 and lost my Siri cert, is there a way to get that back on iOS 6.0.1?

Look forward to ur help if possible! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrizzCruz View Post
    Ewsoares, I just had my iPhone 4 iOS 6.0.1 flashed from Verizon to cricket and having some of the same problems and was wondering if u could help me also...

What I know about the job that involved the flash: the guy told me everything would work, I am able to receive pictures, text messages and Internet access.... I know he used redsn0w. I was changed $50 for the full flash.

The issues I'm having: iMessage will no activate(concern 1), FaceTime won't activate(not a major concern), when trying to access my appleid.apple.com to correct my phone number to see if that is the issue I can sign into the support website for my appleid. I also had my phone previously jailbroken with 5.1.1 and was stupid enough and accidentally updated the software to 6.0.1 and lost my Siri cert, is there a way to get that back on iOS 6.0.1?

Look forward to ur help if possible! Thanks
    I know nothing about siri, but here is a link to my software without data settings, im assuming they used magicflasher so the data settings will be in there already. let me know when you have registered so I can put a credit on your account.

http://cowtechpc.com/iflash/iFLASH.htm

install and register, instructions arent up yet but basically your already JB, so follow the buttons at top from left to right one at a time.
    It is my recomendation <-- misspelled? ) that you do a full restore thru iTunes first and then jailbreak, install openssh, then use my program if it doesnt work at first.

Last edited by ewsoares; 12-22-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Do I need to have a computer with Internet?

Do I need to have a computer with Internet?
    yes and itunes installed, windows computer also.

Okay can I set up the account and that way u can apply the credit and when u have a chance email me directions on how to do everything and when I get my computer connected to the Internet I can just start the process set by step?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I know nothing about siri, but here is a link to my software without data settings, im assuming they used magicflasher so the data settings will be in there already. let me know when you have registered so I can put a credit on your account.

iFLASH

install and register, instructions arent up yet but basically your already JB,
    Will I lose my data going forward with ur iFlash software

Can I create the account from my phone then u can apply the credit? So then when im around my computer and internet access i can just do this. If I do the iFlash software will I lose my data I have now?

Can u email directions so I don't mess up phone and what I have going so far?

Can I create the account from my phone then u can apply the credit? So then when im around my computer and internet access i can just do this. If I do the iFlash software will I lose my data I have now?

Can u email directions so I don't mess up phone and what I have going so far?
    yes go to
    http://cowtechpc.com/iflash/iFLASH.htm

and register
    just try the program first to see if fixes your issues. if need to restore I can provide directions from there. jut sign into the program, click bind, then patch to patch the commcenter, even if already patched do it again! rare cases the file loses executable privilages. then once done bundle, then *288 and reboot with redsnow. when you click patch, verify you lose signal at some point, if not do not proceed further until you install open shh etc. You wont lose data at this point unless you do not patch comm and crash phone requiring DFU restore.

Last edited by ewsoares; 12-22-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Overall activity: 0%

hey ewsoares i have everything working on the phone but imessage and facetime. MMS web all apps working as they should just not imessage/face. i used chris tut. Is there a step that i need to do to get iMessage/Facetime? i know you said to turn on the data roaming which i dont remember if i did. but if that is already on what is the next step? if i didnt turn it on will that resolve that issue?

yes go to
    iFLASH

and register
    just try the program first to see if fixes your issues. if need to restore I can provide directions from there. jut sign into the program, click bind, then patch to patch the commcenter, even if already patched do it again! rare cases the file loses executable privilages. then once done bundle, then *288 and reboot with redsnow. when you click patch, verify you lose signal at some point, if not do not proceed further until you install open shh etc. You wont lose data at this point unless you do not patch comm and crash phone requiring DFU restore.
    So I will register my account and let u know when I complete that and then as soon as I am by my computer and Internet I will go forward...

However this crap makes me nervous and sorry for acting like a rookie at this just don't want to crash my phone

I have come to the conclusion that roaming does not matter, reset network settings and install my bundle. im not gonna pick apart your settings and insert whats needed.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

The good news is that you can restore all you want and your @mycricket.com etc data settings do not revert like a typical android flash etc. So dont worry about screwing up... After data settings are in their correctly then its all in the bundle,
    TIP: remove your email address from the iphone before using my bundle or you may never activate with your phone number for iMessage and Facetime. The apple id to be more precise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information