Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Jailbreak the iPhone 4 on 4.2.6 (Untethered) for Flashing to Cricket Wireless

I received an iPhone on 4.2.6. Rather than updating to 5.1 which can't be jailbroken in an untethered manner, it's still on 4.2.6.

SOURCE:
    quickpwn.com

Jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 Verizon iPhone 4 Untethered with Greenpois0n Windows/Mac RC Beta 4 Tutorial

1. Download greenpois0n for
    Click here to download for Windows

/
    Click here to download for Mac

, then
    watch this video

or follow the instructions below.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes (currently that is version 10.1.2) otherwise you won’t be able to do a 4.2.6 untethered jailbreak. To do that go to iTunes – > Check for Updates.

3. Connect your Verizon iPhone iOS 4.2.6to
    yourcomputer

using the white USB cable.

4. If iTunes opens, make sure you close it!

5. Open the greenpois0n Windows RC 5 Beta 4 application to begin the jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 untethered process.

6. Follow the instructions within greenpois0ns RC 5 Beta 4 so you can get an untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak:

1. Press and hold the sleep button (2 seconds)
    2. Continue holding sleep; press and hold home button (10 seconds)
    3. Release sleep button; continue holding home button (15 seconds)

7. After following step 6, your device will be in DFU mode and greenpois0n will start jailbreaking iOS 4.2.6 on Verizon iPhone 4.

8. Once your Verizon iPhone 4 is successfully jailbroken untethered on your iOS 4.2.6
    software

, then your Verizon iPhone will reboot and you will see a green icon named “Loader” on your device.

9. Tap on the green “Loader” application to open it, and then tap on Cydia and tap on “Install” to install Cydia. Now Cydia should be on your iOS 4.2.6 jailbroken untethered device, and you should be able to install jailbroken apps on it.

Troubleshooting

1. Cydia does not show up on my iOS 4.2.6untethered jailbreak device after using Loader? – Try rebooting your device and seeing if it shows up. I had to restart my iPhone 4 and it showed up after rebooting.
    2. greenpois0n is stuck on greenpois0n initialized and has the following error message:
      • unable to find gBdevList
      • unable to find fs_mount
      • unable to find fs_unmount
      • unable to find fs_load_fileThe above problem did not occur on my device. If anyone had this problem, please be sure to share how you fixed it in the comments so other people can fix this problem if they come across it as well. UPDATE: Greenpois0n RC 5.2 is released, and should fix this problem.

3. greenpois0n RC 5 Beta 4 Quit Unexpectedly – Just relaunch it and try it again!
    4. Loader is not installing Cydia – Due to many other users like you, the
      server

which hosts the Cydia download is overloaded. I recommend trying downloading some other time, or you can just use
      redsn0w 0.9.6 rc8

and install Cydia through that. It’s very
      easy

to use redsn0w and install it and that’s what other people seem to be doing too right now.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łèĝıť.|

Easy cheesy right
    Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yes yes... easier than resolving that temporary PRL issue.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information