Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 6.0%

voicemail not working after fully flashing the VZW iphone4 with iphoneCDMATool

I fully flashed a verizon iphone over to cricket using the IphoneCDMATool by rich hathaway.

I restored via itunes first then did a complete reset from the phone.
    jailbroke it
    used the tool to fully flash it.

everything works including talk, text, mms, and web however voicemail access is not working.

when i click on the voicemail icon after clicking the phone icon, it tells me to setup a password and greeting. I choose a password and greeting and then hit save but it just hangs on that page with a message indicating that the it is saving the password. nothing happens.

I can call my own number from the iphone and access voicemail and I am able to leave voicemail from other phones. However, the iphone will not notify me of new voicemails. all notifications are turned on in the settings.

This is not an issue with the service. It is an issue with the phone. I think that there is something wrong with the flashing process in the iphoneCDMATool that i used. I emailed rich about this but he said that it is a service problem. it is not. there is something wrong with his tool.

what can i do at this point? It seems like the DFS tool is far more advanced and perhaps voicemail might work with this tool. I already bought 1 binding credit for $75 the iphoneCDMATool which is already used. I do not want to spend $100 more on the DFS tool. Is it necessary to by the OTA inorder to use the DFS tool since i have already bought the $75 binding credit and bound the phone with the iphoneCDMATool?

Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.

I reflashed the iphone and used *22806 instead of *228 this time and the voicmail is working. I am able to get new viocemial notificaitons. I have visual voicemail in my account but the when i press the voicemail button it just dials voicemail, i odnt see a list of voicemails in a visual list. what's up with this thing?

Phone
    spr ip4s on ckt

again friend,i told you before this a carrier issue not an issue with the tool.so please dont say the tool doesnt work because it is not true.your ota solving your vm issue proves i am right.
    now as for your vvm having issues,well.it is a know issue with cricket that while they support vvm it doesnt work on any phones without some work (also a carrier issue) not an issue with the tool or the phone,it is the service.
    about a .05 second google would have told you that.so please choose your words wisely when your posting about someones hard work.

Ummm actually.. after I did *22806 i was able to receive notifications only for the first call after that it went back to being the same problem. and when i pressed on the voicemail icon, it dialed the voicemail number. however like i said after the first call into voicemail, i could not receive voicemail notifications and the voicemail icon asks me to setup password and greeting without any success.

So it is not service related... it has something to do with your flashing process.
    Last edited by romel; 09-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Actually it has to do with the fact that the voicemail system is designed for use with Cricket phones. Cricket will tell you all day that flashed iphones aren't allowed on the network. Expecting it to work because someone figured out a work around is unrealistic. Be happy you have anything at all. Rich can't guarantee anything because he a shoehorning your phone into a system that doesnt want it.

Be grateful you have anything or go buy a damn CRICKET iphone.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Bringing down the hammer ^^^^

Sent from my DROID Safety RAZR

Phone
    spr ip4s on ckt

actually the little vm icon on the bottom of the dialer screen depending on which bundle you have controls vvm,which on the current bundle(the one on my phone) works flawlessly,the push is routed to vvm as well on the phones that have those bundles becasuse there is no need for regular vm when you have vvm.you can still dial it by code or your number ,make a shortcut,put in favorites,ect.but there is no need for regular vm unless you just have to ckeck it every min or so.
    there really is almost nothing that doesnt work on this phone. a few of the carrier bundles on the tool will be updated,cricket being one of them,the first of the week to include the current fix for vvm.it will work on the older bundles but needs help,that is why the update is comming. i just finished it a couple days ago.

ill post a pic of cricket vvm on my sprint ip4

what woof said is absolutly correct. these are sprint and vzw phones that were not made/loaded for use on any other network.

Last edited by rich hathaway; 09-08-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: typo

I don't know what you guys are talking about.

this is the bottom line:

1. voicemail is not working

- after doing a fresh flash and doing *22806 (*228 or *22804 is not working)
    everything works except voicemail
    - i called into vm and left message. i recieved notification for this first voicemail. and when i press the vm button it dials directly to vm.
    - the second time that i left a voicemail i received no notification and the vm button did not dial the vm box instead it brought up a screen that insturcted me to setup voicemail. I am assuming it is vvm. i have the vvm feature on my account.
    i went through the setup process but it just hangs without any progress.

2. data speed is extremely slow

- webpage loading is extremely slow.
    - video loading is extremely slow.
    - any app using the the 3G data connection is extremely slow

These are the only two issues im having with the iphone.

rich, do i need to use a new prl file?
    do i need to use a new SID and cricket bundle?

please reply as this is driving me nuts.. my friend has an iphone 4 with cricket and he does not have these problems that i have.

Phone
    spr ip4s on ckt

brother,let me help you.i am sure your problems are local.hit me up on skype. i will be on there today,but i also have a store to run so if people here get busy with walk in traffic i gotta help them first. but i can teamview you and have you corrected ina few min.when you get on skype you will get ty or myself,but you can ask for me if you wish since i know your problem.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by romel View Post
    I don't know what you guys are talking about.

this is the bottom line:

1. voicemail is not working

- after doing a fresh flash and doing *22806 (*228 or *22804 is not working)
    everything works except voicemail
    - i called into vm and left message. i recieved notification for this first voicemail. and when i press the vm button it dials directly to vm.
    - the second time that i left a voicemail i received no notification and the vm button did not dial the vm box instead it brought up a screen that insturcted me to setup voicemail. I am assuming it is vvm. i have the vvm feature on my account.
    i went through the setup process but it just hangs without any progress.

2. data speed is extremely slow

- webpage loading is extremely slow.
    - video loading is extremely slow.
    - any app using the the 3G data connection is extremely slow

These are the only two issues im having with the iphone.

rich, do i need to use a new prl file?
    do i need to use a new SID and cricket bundle?

please reply as this is driving me nuts.. my friend has an iphone 4 with cricket and he does not have these problems that i have.
    I think you should read more and do some more research maybe try a few things out yourself, try to understand that even having data is a blessing

That is the bottom line

I want to make a correction. it was my settings. it is not the tool that is causing it. sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by romel; 09-11-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Hey Rich
    My VM on my Iphone doesnt work also, Somthing I just noticed when reading this post. I called my VM and had 3 messages but the icon on the phone showed none. so I called my number and left a message and nope no little number on the VM icon just a missed call on the phone icon. I have the "All in" cricket package. (you helped me with my flash a couple of weeks ago) but other then that all is good.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by rapidroy View Post
    Hey Rich
    My VM on my Iphone doesnt work also, Somthing I just noticed when reading this post. I called my VM and had 3 messages but the icon on the phone showed none. so I called my number and left a message and nope no little number on the VM icon just a missed call on the phone icon. I have the "All in" cricket package. (you helped me with my flash a couple of weeks ago) but other then that all is good.
    I think you should read more and do some more research maybe try a few things out yourself, try to understand that even having data is a blessing

That is the bottom line

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post

That is the bottom line
    I read post#7 which, by the way, is the the guy who helped me flash my phone, in his post there is a pic of his phone that shows the VM working. I was just wondering why on my phone it is not working. If it's because I have a flashed phone on cricket so be it. if there is a way to fix it,he is the guy that would know. I'm happy with or with out it.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132
    Last edited by Mr.E; 09-10-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information