Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

24 Hours on Battery!

I got through 24 hours on the Samsung Vitality for the first time. That did include some web browsing, turning off the phone and turning it back on, and listening to over an hour of music (using headphones). I was really impressed. Coming from the Huawei Ascend, it was a huge improvement. When it had 15% battery, I thought I was going to need to stop listening to music, but I got another 45 minutes out of it. When I was finally ready to plug it in, it had 9% battery left.

It was nice how it automatically dimmed the brightness after 10%.

I did notice that after 15% 3G went off, I don't know if that was to save power, or if that was just a glitch on the phone. I thought when I charged it the 3G would come back on, but it didn't, and I had to do *228.

Well, that's my experience with the Samsung Vitality's battery!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Just as an update, I recently got through two days on the battery. I can't believe it lasted that long.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

yea, this thing is rated 4 hours talk time on cricket's site. but 6 hours on samsung's site. first thing i noticed was massive battery life improvement over the ascend when we got this device in store.

Overall activity: 3.0%

I only got 10hrs and it was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by septaric View Post
    I only got 10hrs and it was dead.
    Did you have a lot running? I don't have many applications running on my phone. The battery life is still great.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

How did you extend the battery life so much? Did you use an app killer? Did you turn off GPS, 3G? My Mercury only lasts about half a day.

I was running Task manager but the battery life just lasted 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    How did you extend the battery life so much? Did you use an app killer? Did you turn off GPS, 3G? My Mercury only lasts about half a day.
    I just didn't use the phone much. I kept the screen off, didn't do much talking, text messaging, or web browsing. I didn't really have any applications installed either. I had just done a factory reset, and didn't install many apps after. I still get great battery life. I can usually go more than 24 hours if I choose not to charge it. Like I said, I don't have a lot of applications installed and I don't use the phone much.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    I just didn't use the phone much. I kept the screen off, didn't do much talking, text messaging, or web browsing. I didn't really have any applications installed either. I had just done a factory reset, and didn't install many apps after. I still get great battery life. I can usually go more than 24 hours if I choose not to charge it. Like I said, I don't have a lot of applications installed and I don't use the phone much.
    With the screen off and data turned off, phones will last a really long time just sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    In my experience the Mercury lasted longer than most phones. Maybe it's because I didn't have all my e-mail addresses synced to it. What KILLS my RAZR is LTE.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by septaric View Post
    I was running Task manager but the battery life just lasted 10 hours.
    DO NOT RUN A TASK KILLER

That is one of the quickest ways to kill battery life... unless you have an app that just sucks the juice...

Android is not Windows and it is designed to have these apps in memory and the system will just start the apps that get killed again, thereby actually using more battery than just letting them sit there..

the Task killers were a big help on much older versions of Android but on anything 2.2+ it is better to find out what app is actually using the wake locks and dumping it than using a task killer

I never run one and on my Droid X2 I can get 2 days easy....

Quote Originally Posted by pdxtechdoctor View Post
    DO NOT RUN A TASK KILLER

That is one of the quickest ways to kill battery life... unless you have an app that just sucks the juice...

Android is not Windows and it is designed to have these apps in memory and the system will just start the apps that get killed again, thereby actually using more battery than just letting them sit there..

the Task killers were a big help on much older versions of Android but on anything 2.2+ it is better to find out what app is actually using the wake locks and dumping it than using a task killer

I never run one and on my Droid X2 I can get 2 days easy....
    Yeah, I've read a lot about task managers and from what I've read, Android is supposed to do the job just fine. It's 2012, these electronics should know what they're going by now.

I'll turn it off and see what happens then.

Thread Information