Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Does anyone here have the Samsung Vitality?

I was wondering if anyone here had the Samsung Vitality.

If you don't have it, have you thought about getting it?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

I'm thinking about getting it once the price goes down some. But by then they'll probably have 4g and even better android muve phones. We'll just have to see but I'm fine with my evo for now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Holt95 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting it once the price goes down some. But by then they'll probably have 4g and even better android muve phones. We'll just have to see but I'm fine with my evo for now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I was briefly thinking about getting a Huawei Ascend 2, but then I said to myself "Do I really need a new phone?" so I guess I'll keep what I have for now. I really want the Huawei Glory, but that might be closer to $300. I can't imagine paying that much for a phone when my last phone was less than $100 and now the Huawei Ascend 2 is less than $100. If I can get another phone to hold me off for another year or so then hopefully phones like the Huawei Glory will be cheaper.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

4g will be a year or better, my guess.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Well, I've been thinking, and I've decided that I don't want to spend $300 for a phone. I might get the Huawei Ascend 2 or the Samsung Vitality eventually. We'll see. I heard more Android phones are coming to Cricket so hopefully there will be more of a selection soon. I'm hoping for more Huawei phones!

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Samsung Vitality

Summary
    I have the Samsung Vitality its really good, fast, responsive and worth every penny to be honest. The speakers aren't that strong but there good enough but with the portable speakers I hardly use the phones internal speakers for music. For calls and alarms the internal speakers work pretty good not real loud but loud enough for sure. All in all the phone is great with Gingerbread 2.3.4, an 800 mhz processor and a 3.5 inch 480x320 HVGA multi-touch screen the Samsung Vitality is a good purchase. Any questions about it please just ask!

Battery Life break down
    Now on to battery life I previously had the Kyocera Zio which had sucky battery life for me as a heavy user. With heavy use I got around 4 hours on my Zio despite its estimated rated talk time on Crickets site. Standby on it got me about 7 to 8 hrs no apps which pull too much data, GPS, WIFI were all off. Now I know your thinking well what about the Vitality (drum roll) its really good to be completely honest on a daily basis it last about 10 hours on average. If you work trust me when I say that 8hr shifts wont be a problem at all for this phone. When I first was going to get this phone I saw many things about the admire, the MetroPCS version. Many People said its battery sucked saying that "after 8hrs of standby it was at 15% needing charge". So I tested mine I fully charged it did alittle google beta music uploading with WIFI on, left it alone for 10 hours. When I picked it up to look at it battery usage reported 10 hrs 31 mins since last charge at 72% battery level if I kept going I probably could have gotten about 17 hours! So all im saying is that it definitely has good standby time with heavy use I get about 6 hours of battery before 15%. Thats with the screen on at all times, alot of texting (300 texts), calls (2 hours worth), gmail (pulling mail constantly) and occasional web use. Normal use gets me about 10 hours thats with screen timer on and actively turning off the screen after use, alot of text (still lol), calls (45 mins worth), gmail (pulling constantly) and still the occasional web. If your thinking there mostly the same but the screen can drain battery quickly if left on so typically your supposed to turn it off. So I lock the phone after each text in normal use but didnt in my heavy use so I guess thats where they really differ along with the amount of calls.

Oh as proof my battery lasted 13h 22m 22s with normal use on battery today!
    Cell standby 29%
    -Time on 13h 22m 22s
    Voice Calls 26%
    -Time on 1h 23m 5s
    Wi-Fi 19%
    -Time on 10h 5m 53s
    Phone Idle 16%
    -Time on 8h 25m 14s
    Display 11%
    -Time on 4h 57m 7s
    tphoto_00017.jpg
    Last edited by AnimeMaster360; 10-12-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I didn't feel like reading your wall of text.

lol its cool its only for people who are truly having problems deciding whether to get it or not. Although battery life for the device seems to be a missing topic for it in forums so thats what the gigantic "text" is really about. Ill cut it up in sections.......maybe lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeMaster360 View Post
    Summary
    I have the Samsung Vitality its really good, fast, responsive and worth every penny to be honest. The speakers aren't that strong but there good enough but with the portable speakers I hardly use the phones internal speakers for music. For calls and alarms the internal speakers work pretty good not real loud but loud enough for sure. All in all the phone is great with Gingerbread 2.3.4, an 800 mhz processor and a 3.5 inch 480x320 HVGA multi-touch screen the Samsung Vitality is a good purchase. Any questions about it please just ask!

Battery Life break down
    Now on to battery life I previously had the Kyocera Zio which had sucky battery life for me as a heavy user. With heavy use I got around 4 hours on my Zio despite its estimated rated talk time on Crickets site. Standby on it got me about 7 to 8 hrs no apps which pull too much data, GPS, WIFI were all off. Now I know your thinking well what about the Vitality (drum roll) its really good to be completely honest on a daily basis it last about 10 hours on average. If you work trust me when I say that 8hr shifts wont be a problem at all for this phone. When I first was going to get this phone I saw many things about the admire, the MetroPCS version. Many People said its battery sucked saying that "after 8hrs of standby it was at 15% needing charge". So I tested mine I fully charged it did alittle google beta music uploading with WIFI on, left it alone for 10 hours. When I picked it up to look at it battery usage reported 10 hrs 31 mins since last charge at 72% battery level if I kept going I probably could have gotten about 17 hours! So all im saying is that it definitely has good standby time with heavy use I get about 6 hours of battery before 15%. Thats with the screen on at all times, alot of texting (300 texts), calls (2 hours worth), gmail (pulling mail constantly) and occasional web use. Normal use gets me about 10 hours thats with screen timer on and actively turning off the screen after use, alot of text (still lol), calls (45 mins worth), gmail (pulling constantly) and still the occasional web. If your thinking there mostly the same but the screen can drain battery quickly if left on so typically your supposed to turn it off. So I lock the phone after each text in normal use but didnt in my heavy use so I guess thats where they really differ along with the amount of calls.

Oh as proof my battery lasted 13h 22m 22s with normal use on battery today!
    Cell standby 29%
    -Time on 13h 22m 22s
    Voice Calls 26%
    -Time on 1h 23m 5s
    Wi-Fi 19%
    -Time on 10h 5m 53s
    Phone Idle 16%
    -Time on 8h 25m 14s
    Display 11%
    -Time on 4h 57m 7s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TPhoto_00017.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	985
    Wow, you are a heavy user. I'm glad the phone's battery life is good.

Thanks for the review.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigon View Post
    I didn't feel like reading your wall of text.
    Ha ha bro, quit being mean habibi, haha cuz.

And that's fine of course wthigon. If you can't be bothered to read the hard facts on the device, then you probably weren't in the market to buy a Vitality in the first place!

I, however, would have been saved a lot of headaches if I'd come across this post when I kept flip-flopping on whether or not to buy a Vitality. As AnimeMaster360 stated, the battery life is (contrary to the shoddy reviews of some mainstream sites) actually pretty great! Thank you for the hard facts man

On the other "issue" of speaker volume, I simply do not see what all the fuss is about folks! I was rolling out the driveway last night with the windows down and my Vitality on GPS, when the computer voice started tell me to "turn right on blah blah blah"... the volume was SO LOUD, external speaker unplugged, that the hair on my back pricked up. I shouted back "SHUT THE $$#%% UP, GPS!" and my roomies who were enjoying a smoke break on the front porch had a laugh.

The real issue with the device, which NO MAINSTREAM REVIEW I'VE READ HAS COVERED IN ANY DETAIL, is the buggy-as-hell and glaringly incomplete Muve Music service. You get Stevie Wonder's Greatest Hits from when he was like, 12 years old, but Songs in the Key of Life and his better 70's albums are not cataloged.

You search Jay-Z and get a string of albums, but you have to search for "S. Carter" if you want that particular song -- the album for it is strangely "hidden". Same with "Doo Rags" by Nas; until I did some searching, I thought Muve carried only the edited version of the song -- Leave it to mindless censors to cut a black man saying the word **gga. They also cut the word "herb" lol! Nobody in their right mind would download that track!

Lot of Pharrell songs, but no "Frontin". Wth.

Downloading the Ting-Tings' That's Not My Name returns a boring remix, and there was no way to know that until you played the song. Often the album titles have been truncated and there's no way to scroll left or right to read the full thiing. Muve doesn't even support the turn-your-phone-sideways-for-a-better-angle thingie. Small nitpick, but still.

No True Affection by The Blow, but Cricket just signed with a major indie (is this an oxymoron?) label so maybe this will change soon.

Unlimited ringtones and ringbacks -- B.S. Only the ringtones Cricket carries. Don't expect to turn Mase's Welcome Back into a ringtone, or let your friends enjoy a Chopin Nocturne while on hold; the selection is mostly popular and mainstream hits. But it's enough to satisfy most people -- you can get "Hotel Song" by Regina Spektor or even "Badfish" by Sublime as ringtones and ringbacks, so I'm not exactly complaining.

The phone will also kindly remind you to exit Muve to turn off Wi-Fi when you are connected (it only supports 3G, fine), but it would be nice if this were automatic with some quick display notification that Wi-Fi is being turned off. A minor complaint.

Then there were synching problems where songs I deleted kept re-downloading and returning to my queue, but that seems to have been solved one way or another. Not really sure how, or if it will return.

Plus Muve Music's navigation is a bit spotty. To elaborate a little, the song track time slider is small and quite unresponsive. Don't know if it's the phone's fault, or a shortcoming of Muve Music in general, but it's annoying for sure. Another issue: navigating through several downloaded artists is a pain in the butt, and pressing the search button to speed things up (to get down the alphabet to Talking Heads for instance) only results in searching for more music to download. The interface needs work bad, folks.

The social music button (sending Shouts to people), and My DJ (doesn't do anything on my phone but go to a blank screen with the title!?) are obvious filler for Muve, and frankly I don't know the purpose of either one. Likewise, Shazam, which allows you to hold the phone up to a radio to tell you what song is playing, is a techno-gadget that might come in handy for that one classical song which Muve MIGHT carry, but it's usually less troublesome to do a simple Google search using the lyrics of whatever song is playing.

So I'm thinking of jumping the $65 plan in favor of a $55 plan next month, and supplanting Muve with a radio thing like Pandora, Slacker or a home streaming gadget like what Google has, or Spotify. The Muve plan would be worth it; they really just need to iron out the bugs. And I'm sorry to say it, but ADD MORE SONGS, please. We've been spoiled on free internet downloads, Youtube, etc. I don't see how Muve will survive otherwise, to be perfectly honest. This despite their escalating sales...

Sorry if my review sounded a little negative. The Vitality is a great phone!! Durable, fast, capable of handling lots of apps with very few glitches. I won't regret the purchase even if I do decide to ditch the Muve plan. Maybe I can even turn that awkwardly placed Muve button into something interesting like a quick snapshot button so when I accidentally press it something fun happens! xD I'm kidding, folks...
    Last edited by jotty; 11-11-2011 at 05:43 AM.

That's a great review, jotty. It would be great if you could submit your findings to Cricket Wireless, but I don't think it would really get anywhere. It does look like most of your issues are with Muve Music (or the application) and not the phone, which is good, since the phone is the bigger investment and you can change to the regular Android plan at any time, like you mentioned.

If you don't like the free alternatives to Muve Music, you can look into Rhapsody. I think it is a little more expensive at $14.99 per month, but you can use it on up to three devices, including MP3 Players and phones. If two of your roommates would give you $5 per month each, then you would only be paying $5 for your share of Rhapsody. That's not bad at all. Remember it doesn't include ringtones or ringback tones (which you didn't have a good experience with) but the application should be better and there should be more of a selection. Another alternative could be Spotify, but I'm not sure how many devices the supports for the money.

I found this review (
    Rhapsody challenges Muve, pitting music streaming vs. downloading - latimes.com

) which compares the Rhapsody service -- as offered by MetroPCS, a company I "spun" for (
    AArrow Advertising

) this weekend -- versus Cricket's Muve Music.

I've gotta say, for $5 less per month and the advantage of not having to worry about storage space, the streaming Rhapsody service seems very attractive.

And even more attractive is Google Music Beta. Go check it out guys, and PM me for an invite if it interests you.

Phone
    Samsung Vitality

I have it and am having major problems deleting songs from the SD card. And the battery life stinks.

Thread Information