Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Overall activity: 1.0%

theevildead. could you supply a list of bloatware that was removed before you completed the nandroid backup?
    Also could you upload a zip somewhere with these in or are they already stored on the rom somewhere??

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Hello everyone, im new to this rooting my samsung vitality. I did not do a nandroid backup. Im with Cricket but somehow installed MetroPCS with ODIN. I want to install the original stock rom that came with Vitality so that I can get internet service and everything else from Cricket. Please help!!

You're in the right thread, then; check out the ROM in the first post of this thread. I haven't tried it yet but apparently it's very close to the stock ROM. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has made an absolutely pristine stock ROM of the Vitality available yet.

Also keep an eye out for OpenVitality. Developer spz0 is working on it:

http://androidforums.com/vitality-al...rom-works.html

It's a custom ROM, but one that should be based on Vitality. After all, the name is OpenVitality...

Need stock rom for Cricket Samsung Vitality

Quote Originally Posted by abanda911 View Post
    Hello everyone, im new to this rooting my samsung vitality. I did not do a nandroid backup. Im with Cricket but somehow installed MetroPCS with ODIN. I want to install the original stock rom that came with Vitality so that I can get internet service and everything else from Cricket. Please help!!
    I'm still lost here. Could you please forward me more detailed information on how to return my
    vitality back to Crickets network and help me to take out MetroPCS which I do not have an account with.

please help me restore my cricket vitality back.

I'm still lost here. Could you please forward me more detailed information on how to return my
    vitality back to Crickets network and help me to take out MetroPCS which I do not have an account with.
    I really screwed up now, tried different download of zips in the recovery mode and rebooted.
    Result, I have a black screen that reads in white letters ANDROID.
    Can someone help me out please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I really screwed up now, tried different download of zips in the recovery mode and rebooted.
    Result, I have a black screen that reads in white letters ANDROID.
    Can someone help me out please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I wrote you a long reply but somehow it didn't post...which really disappoints me because I took a lot of time composing the message...but now I've got to turn in for the night.

Anyway, don't worry; I've seen that "ANDROID" screen a few times and you'll be able to recover from it.

For right now, though, I hope you made a Nandroid backup of you phone before you began experimenting with it. If not, I'm not certain you'll be able to get your phone working with Cricket until somebody else makes a stock ROM of the Vitality available.

Then again, I'm a newcomer to all this and don't know much about anything, so you might want to seek a second opinion.

My advice: Visit some other Android modding forums and keep asking for help; be patient; wait for a stock ROM for the Vitality (none have been made available yet). Sooner or later you'll be able to access your Cricket plan again. I'm not bothering with Cricket anymore; I'm just using Skype to make phone calls and WiFi for anything that requires the 'Net.

If you didn't make a Nandroid backup, then remember to backup your next phone before experimenting with it -- or at least make certain there's a backup of your stock ROM available elsewhere.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I wrote you a long reply but somehow it didn't post...which really disappoints me because I took a lot of time composing the message...but now I've got to turn in for the night.

Anyway, don't worry; I've seen that "ANDROID" screen a few times and you'll be able to recover from it.

For right now, though, I hope you made a Nandroid backup of you phone before you began experimenting with it. If not, I'm not certain you'll be able to get your phone working with Cricket until somebody else makes a stock ROM of the Vitality available.

Then again, I'm a newcomer to all this and don't know much about anything, so you might want to seek a second opinion.

My advice: Visit some other Android modding forums and keep asking for help; be patient; wait for a stock ROM for the Vitality (none have been made available yet). Sooner or later you'll be able to access your Cricket plan again. I'm not bothering with Cricket anymore; I'm just using Skype to make phone calls and WiFi for anything that requires the 'Net.

If you didn't make a Nandroid backup, then remember to backup your next phone before experimenting with it -- or at least make certain there's a backup of your stock ROM available elsewhere.
    I have a Nandroid backup of the Vitality available somewhere on this forum, it's probably linked in this thread.

Stock Recovery or Stock Rom I don't know which one I need! Please Help!

Hello, My Cricket Samsung Vitality is bricked or shall I say stuck on a black screen that says 'ANDROID' . Is this a Virus, I tried to go into CWM to reboot after installing admire zips from this forum. The phone restarts but only shows the said message. Do I need a stock recovery or stock rom to get back to factory or running phone. I have rooted and played around with ODIN. I'm a Cricket network user but lost it all to MetroPCS after installing zips from admire.
    How do I get back to Cricket network and a working phone. I did not do a nandroid backup but will in the future.
    Please give me some advice so that I don't have to purchase another phone. I've had the phone for about 7 months.
    Thanks for any input.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    HTC EVO Flashed

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    This is a working version of CWM Recovery for the Admire, which is the exact same model as our Vitality, tested it out and it works. Had just bought one used so I felt it would be a good time to test it.

I will post a nandroid backup of stock (with the stupid demo games removed) asap.

Almost forgot, here's the link:
    [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet - Android Forums

So Here is my dillema...

I am curently Running CWM v5.0.2.8 and I did Not make a back up before Flashing Open Android, I am running into a issue where is vibrates and crashes everything from Facebook to android sytems. I need to Put this back on there, I put the files in my CWM backup folder but Failed what do i need to do?

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    This is a working version of CWM Recovery for the Admire, which is the exact same model as our Vitality, tested it out and it works. Had just bought one used so I felt it would be a good time to test it.

I will post a nandroid backup of stock (with the stupid demo games removed) asap.

Almost forgot, here's the link:
    [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet - Android Forums

So Here is my dillema...

I am curently Running CWM v5.0.2.8 and I did Not make a back up before Flashing Open Android, I am running into a issue where is vibrates and crashes everything from Facebook to android sytems. I need to Put this back on there, I put the files in my CWM backup folder but Failed what do i need to do?

how do i do this?? i am a cricket costumer.. i have the samsung vitality..i flashed cm7 to my phone using the metropcs admire file i guess... my phone was running 2.3.4 now is running 2.3.7.. i cant make any calls, i cant get on the net, download apps or anything. im jus trying to get my phone back to cricket stock..can you help me please...thank you so much for you time.

Quote Originally Posted by misstati615 View Post
    how do i do this?? i am a cricket costumer.. i have the samsung vitality..i flashed cm7 to my phone using the metropcs admire file i guess... my phone was running 2.3.4 now is running 2.3.7.. i cant make any calls, i cant get on the net, download apps or anything. im jus trying to get my phone back to cricket stock..can you help me please...thank you so much for you time.

This is what you need

-Harold

Customer Since
    apr.2008

Works beautifully! Thank you, fully restored to cricket from metro p.o.s. i mean pcs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information