Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Member
    Points: 865, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    50



    OpenVitality ROM in the Works

    Developer Spz0 is working on developing a custom ROM for our Samsung Vitality; check out the thread (on AndroidForums.com) here:


    OpenVitality ROM in the Works - Android Forums




    Currently he's in need of the Vitality's stock recovery image, so if anyone has a Vitality that doesn't have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, please get in touch so that Spz0 can get a copy of that from you. The recovery image he needs is the raw recovery image, not the stock system image (which he has already). He wants to decompile it to view how the recovery works in conjunction with reprogramming the phone to the Cricket network.


  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Developer Spz0 is working on developing a custom ROM for our Samsung Vitality; check out the thread (on AndroidForums.com) here:


    OpenVitality ROM in the Works - Android Forums




    Currently he's in need of the Vitality's stock recovery image, so if anyone has a Vitality that doesn't have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, please get in touch so that Spz0 can get a copy of that from you. The recovery image he needs is the raw recovery image, not the stock system image (which he has already). He wants to decompile it to view how the recovery works in conjunction with reprogramming the phone to the Cricket network.
    My moms vitality isn't rooted >.>

    Sent from my M886


  4. #3
    Member
    Points: 865, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    50



    Cool! I'll direct Spz0 to this forum thread so that he can get in touch with you, then.

  5. #4
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    Oi.

    Managed to pull the
    recovery


    image last week. Working on other things atm. Will update on ROM progress after a while.
    I may need to re-port CWM, because a factory reset does not work and wiping data/cache from within CWM nerfs the PRL and APN (which is not recoverable through APN backup, *228 or manually editing APN settings).
    This is the only thing that is holding up dev on this ROM.
    Im also working on an ext4 stock ROM (deodexed and rooted), but having issues with broken wifi that need solving.

    Will update soon.

    ~Cheers

    Last edited by Spz0; 06-11-2012 at 12:04 AM.

  6. #5
    Member
    Points: 865, Level: 15
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    50



    Quote Originally Posted by Spz0 View Post
    Oi.

    Managed to pull the
    recovery


    image last week. Working on other things atm. Will update on ROM progress after a while.
    I may need to re-port CWM, because a factory reset does not work and wiping data/cache from within CWM nerfs the PRL and APN (which is not recoverable through APN backup, *228 or manually editing APN settings).
    This is the only thing that is holding up dev on this ROM.
    Im also working on an ext4 stock ROM (deodexed and rooted), but having issues with broken wifi that need solving.

    Will update soon.

    ~Cheers
    Thanks for the update, Spz0. Take your time with it, and try to have fun while doing so.


  7. #6
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    OpenVitality ROM v1.0 Released!


    [ROM] OpenVitality 1.0 [RFS-STABLE] - Android Forums




    ~Cheers


  8. #7
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    Revision 1.2 uploaded.

    • New updated Phone.apk added.
    • More UI Customizations


    Check Post #2 for Changelog.

    [ROM] OpenVitality 2.3.6-BETA1.2 [Updated: 07/11/12] - Android Forums





    Please redownload.


    Getting closer to a stable release.


    ~Cheers Guys n Gals.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    I like CM7 better On my vitality. I love it! :-)

    Sent from my M886

  10. #9
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    Is there a specific reason you're spamming my threads about CM7? Not very Tactful..

    And yes, I've tried CM7. Its OK, if it was actually supported, and not in Beta. Unfortunately, the OP abandoned the ROM (probably moved on to a different device), so the issues with the ROM (and there are quite a few) have not been worked on.
    On a somewhat related note: CM7 with req's kernel breaks data and wifi for a lot of cricket users either due to the ext4 switch, or differences in the wifi and data modules in the kernel. If you have found a way around that Im sure we would all love to hear it... o.0
    Last edited by Spz0; 07-13-2012 at 08:30 AM.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Nope no reason. Just putting my opinion out there in the ROM threads.

    Sent from my M886

  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Well i dont use data so I'm not sure on that. I have messed with the ROM just to see what i can get working maybe make a kernel but that's a no go at the moment

    Sent from my M886

  13. #12
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    Well i dont use data so I'm not sure on that. I have messed with the ROM just to see what i can get working maybe make a kernel but that's a no go at the moment

    Sent from my M886
    And what about wifi? Wlan0 is configured wrong in the kernel

    Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Points: 11,591, Level: 70
    Overall activity: 0%
    salas's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,677



    Quote Originally Posted by Spz0 View Post
    And what about wifi? Wlan0 is configured wrong in the kernel

    Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk
    I know. I tried making a working kernel but that's a no go. I don't use the vitality for much. My mercury is my love. But i still theme and work out stuff in the ROM to my liking

    Sent from my M886

  15. #14
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    Quote Originally Posted by salas View Post
    I like CM7 better On my vitality. I love it! :-)

    Sent from my M886

    Ok. Then, keep this thread about openvitality comments shall we? Cm7 comments go in the Cm7 thread.
    Cheers

    Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

  16. #15
    Member
    Points: 2,885, Level: 32
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Spz0's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 22
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Customer Since
    2008
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    60



    Official thread moved to [ROM] OpenAndroid [OA]-2.0-[STABLE]
    [ROM] OpenAndroid [OA]-2.0-[STABLE]

    Cheers!

    Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner