Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by theclerk74 View Post
    There are a lot of things that could be causing 3g not to work. if you've double checked everything and still no 3g icon, try a different PRL. Your description is too vague to really try and say what needs to be fixed.

You really should just pay the couple of extra dollars and go into a Cricket store for the ESN swap.
    ICS 4.0.4 stock rooted odin
    Baseband S710.10 S.FF18
    PRL 45513
    Chicago area

I used cdma and qpst per the tutorial. I get no 3g icon. I turned off 4g just to be safe. 3g data is checked on. Flashed NV items from whiterabbit

Every other phone I've ever flashed I get the 3g icon immediately after closing QPST. Nothing. I tried getting a guy from ebay to change my esn to the appropriate meid dec; but he said he couldn't do it - it wouldn't go through. I'm going to try to go through the tutorial again tonight. I anyone has any suggestions - please let me know. Thanks.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since

OK - really weird. I gave up on having the dude change my esn on ebay and used one of my (2) esn changes per month by being a silver member and changed the esn through cu store. All of a sudden the 3g starting working - it's really slow though. MMS was able to send. I tried sending a pic to it from another phone - still waiting.

Also keep getting a message mms has stopped working - so I downloaded gosms and that works. can I freeze the messaging.apk...will that make that message go away.

Any way to speed up the 3g. I'm using PRL 45513....it worked great on the evo 4g

Thoughts?

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    oct 2012

First off, let me start off by thanking everyone who posted in this thread, especially Chrisngrod. I would donate, but I am a broke mofo. Now that I've gotten formalities out of the way... here is my dilemna. No matter what I do, I still get "Error 16, switch 211." When I stay on the line, the messages says "thank you for calling your cellular provider, please wait for customer assistance, etc." but it always says there are too many calls, try again later. I have. Every half hour. for the last 3 days. And from reading up how to flash to boost, I am assuming you are re directed to Sprint, correct? I've tried multiple PRLs and either they send me to Error 16, or they just give me the busy tone. I can recieve calls and texts. Cricket can't use the ESN from my S2 for some odd reason either. Any suggestions? If you need more info, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Mook, Did you type in ##3282# >Edit> Multimedia> and change the addresses to 0.0.0.0 and ports to 0? I don't know if it will help on Cricket [seeing as how I can't get my phone to work] but it helped alot on sprint. Also, did you change your PRL to see if another one worked better for you?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lonewolf
    Yes. This works on both GB and ICS FYI so IT IS safe to upgrade to a ICS ROM if wanted(why wouldn't you?)
    1.Anycut(APN editing)
    2.MMS.apk
    3.Root(Duh)

4.Root Explorer
    5.Common Sense

Download Anycut from the market and create a shortcut from "Activity" then select "APNs". After you create the shortcut you will see "APNs" on your home screen. The settings are as follows
    Name: Sprint
    APN: Sprint
    Proxy: not set
    Port:not set
    UserName: yournumberhere@mycricket.com
    Password: cricket
    Server: wap.mycricket.com
    MMSC:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 120
    Auth Type: Pap or Chap
    Apn Type: internet + mms
    APN Prot: IPv4
    APN Roaming Prot: IPv4
    Enable/Disable: (Cannot be edited??)
    Bearer: Unspec
    You are done here.
    Download the MMS.apk and drop it on your phone into the memory cards root folder.
    Browse your memory cards root folder with Root Explorer and copy MMS.apk from the sdcard to /system/app(don't forget to mount rw)
    Paste MMS.apk into the folder overwriting the current MMS.apk(It's useless after this one is put in its place
    Change the permissions on MMS.apk to
    Read[x] Write [x]
    Read[x]
    Read[x]
    Reboot. Enjoy Working MMS

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...#ixzz2Gopcz872

Where do i get the MMS.apk Root(Duh) downloads

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    OK - really weird. I gave up on having the dude change my esn on ebay and used one of my (2) esn changes per month by being a silver member and changed the esn through cu store. All of a sudden the 3g starting working - it's really slow though. MMS was able to send. I tried sending a pic to it from another phone - still waiting.

Also keep getting a message mms has stopped working - so I downloaded gosms and that works. can I freeze the messaging.apk...will that make that message go away.

Any way to speed up the 3g. I'm using PRL 45513....it worked great on the evo 4g

Thoughts?
    Try this PRL (45568) in post 142:

http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...html#post19535

I have been using it, and a couple other people in other parts of the country have too. Out of all the PRL's, this one worked best for me.

As for the MMS, try this post I made for the S3:

Here's how I got my MMS working

I need to go in and edit that post to say, the apn .xml file in my ZIP needs to go into the internal storage in a folder called ApnBackupRestore.
    I just flashed a new ROM yesterday, and it's pretty straight forward. I only set my APN's, deleted the SecMms.apk and copy&pasted my Mms.apk, making sure to set the permissions right on both Mms.apk and the Apn Backup and Restore apk.

No messing with telephony.db, any other .db files or changing apns-conf.xml. I know it's in the S3 forums, but I first used it on my S2 so I know it works.

Hopefully this helps!

Customer Since
    dec 2012

hi i got the same problem plz help i live in philly pa

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sertangunduz View Post
    Hi all I am trying to flash my wife's sprint samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch, I followed all steps on the web site, so on the phone kernel version is SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097_ROOTED-oc-sfx, baseband version SD710.10 S.EL29 and I tried ; 45613,45722 HybridMyCricketForum, MyCricketForum42900Hybrid, 45713 HybridMyCricketForum PRL s nothing changed on my phone, but phone able to connect internet I have 3g data also I have full bars signal ,but when I tried to make a call Phone automatically connect some auto answer machine that says; to make a collect call to mobile phone or land line phone press 1.....blahblahblah please help me I live in philadelphia pa, but I am trying to flash phone in my friends home which is fairless hills pa 19030 I gave address information, because some web sites says for activate phone call*228 or *22804 I am kind of stuck,and confused please help me I don`t wanna listen my wife )
    hi i got the same problem plz help i live in philly pa

I currently have no Cricket number, but still I have flashed a Cricket prl to my phone. When I dial 611 I get connected to the american roaming network. Once I get a Cricket and reprogram the phone with my number will this get fixed? Also, I live in Florida. Thank you, and sorry I'm just new to phone flashing.

Phone
    Droid Incredible

If anyone is having issues with 3g make sure you ESN has been changed and then use the Greek45.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Vaiht
    once you have a cricket account and the ESN for that phone is programmed to it you will no longer have that message. instead you will have a great working cricket phone
    Last edited by painnbt; 01-22-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: ammend

Followed this guide really carefully, but it seems that it didn't work. I went through this tutorial twice.
    under about phone>status there are the following entries...

Network: Sprint
    Service state: In service
    Roaming: Not roaming
    User name: ##########@cricket.com (it's actually my cricket phone number)
    Mobile network state: Disconnected
    My phone number: (Shows my cricket number)
    PRL Version: 35668

Anybody know why it would still be using the sprint network instead of cricket?

Customer Since
    oct 2012

i have a cricket number on a basic phone with a talk text plan. i flashed my s2 using my cricket number i have i get through the flash proccess fine but phone not working can i get a lil help. i have rooted phones but this is my first time trying this thanks alot
    great tutorial my new favorte site

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nyberg View Post
    Followed this guide really carefully, but it seems that it didn't work. I went through this tutorial twice.
    under about phone>status there are the following entries...

Network: Sprint
    Service state: In service
    Roaming: Not roaming
    User name: ##########@cricket.com (it's actually my cricket phone number)
    Mobile network state: Disconnected
    My phone number: (Shows my cricket number)
    PRL Version: 35668

Anybody know why it would still be using the sprint network instead of cricket?
    I have flash few and seen that it takes two flash because on pppconfig on aun or something. I forgot because am not next the computer but yea go back look at ur pppconfig u see that ur cricket is on sprint or past cricket setting. Reflash and it should work.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flash21 View Post
    i have a cricket number on a basic phone with a talk text plan. i flashed my s2 using my cricket number i have i get through the flash proccess fine but phone not working can i get a lil help. i have rooted phones but this is my first time trying this thanks alot
    great tutorial my new favorte site
    I tell people if u want talk and text work u have ur new under ur account. Not just flash. 3g that way but talk & txt. If have basic account u have to be on 35 because it should unlimited data on it. Phone need to be rooted and use greenk45. Wait for 3g use greenk45 and if it doesn't work. It needs the busy box updated.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 3.0%

ok so i followed this to a T! perfectly! when i try to make a call i get " if you would like to make a collect call..." and i cant connect to internet at all, i usually dont ask for help if everything is PLAINLY set out there for me but i just cant get this to work

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by loki7186 View Post
    ok so i followed this to a T! perfectly! when i try to make a call i get " if you would like to make a collect call..." and i cant connect to internet at all, i usually dont ask for help if everything is PLAINLY set out there for me but i just cant get this to work
    Reflash and pppconfig check it got flash correctly. I always flash it twice. On the calls make sure that give meid dec.correctly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 3.0%

this would be the 4th time. lets see.....im on ics does that matter?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Reflash and pppconfig check it got flash correctly. I always flash it twice. On the calls make sure that give meid dec.correctly.

nope still getting " to make a collect call" and no data wtf am i doing wrong! im literally spazzin over here

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by loki7186 View Post
    this would be the 4th time. lets see.....im on ics does that matter?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

nope still getting " to make a collect call" and no data wtf am i doing wrong! im literally spazzin over here
    Ics or jb doesnt matter. I remember that it had be on cdma or lte/cdma to get 3g on mobile setting. To get there click on menu, go to setting, click on more settings, then mobile settings.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information