Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Ics or jb doesnt matter. I remember that it had be on cdma or lte/cdma to get 3g on mobile setting. To get there click on menu, go to setting, click on more settings, then mobile settings.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    wewll first things first i would like to get talk and text working which it isnt working, like i said whe i dial *228 or make any call i get the collect call thing

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by loki7186 View Post
    wewll first things first i would like to get talk and text working which it isnt working, like i said whe i dial *228 or make any call i get the collect call thing
    Have you called and verified with Cricket to see if you're meid number is correct or that it on ur account. Look for # on there home page. If that doesn't work then get prl. Go to about phone, on status to see if ur prl is there correctly.

just called them and they said that they cant add the meid because "its not a tri-band phone" meaning its "not fully flashed to cricket"

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

the PRL is on there...it says prl 45007 ....now when i dial ##3282# and hit view data profile the username which is my number @mycricket.com is there but no other values are there.....dont know if that makes a difference

Phone
    3VO

just called them and they said that they cant add the meid because "its not a tri-band phone" meaning its "not fully flashed to cricket"
    Ok. Tell them ur ask them for there advice but to put ur phone on cricket or u can fo here for $12 by being sliver member. 3g is another story because if never check first time I told do so. How do I know u check ur phone to see if something u did was wrong. Aws area or triband area it doesnt matter because they fix that problem with the cricket s3 & iphone. Prl like in my area 35768 for dualband phone but for triband it 45768.

the PRL is on there...it says prl 45007 ....now when i dial ##3282# and hit view data profile the username which is my number @mycricket.com is there but no other values are there.....dont know if that makes a difference

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Ok. Tell them ur ask them for there advice but to put ur phone on cricket or u can fo here for $12 by being sliver member. 3g is another story because if never check first time I told do so. How do I know u check ur phone to see if something u did was wrong. Aws area or triband area it doesnt matter because they fix that problem with the cricket s3 & iphone. Prl like in my area 35768 for dualband phone but for triband it 45768.

do you mean call them for advice? i did nothing wrong ....or at least i think i didnt i followed this tutorial step by step and if i do decide to become a silver member how would i go about that?

Phone
    3VO

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

do you mean call them for advice? i did nothing wrong ....or at least i think i didnt i followed this tutorial step by step and if i do decide to become a silver member how would i go about that?
    Sorry abot I meant to say u didnt ask for there advice. Let try get ur account on cricket. U need to check to see if ur area a paygo area because that wouldn't let put s3 in cricket. Now I don't know how u do that but u know what look around and read a little. Being a sliver member is fine but esn swaps wont go on until tomorrow.

Sorry abot I meant to say u didnt ask for there advice. Let try get ur account on cricket. U need to check to see if ur area a paygo area because that wouldn't let put s3 in cricket. Now I don't know how u do that but u know what look around and read a little. Being a sliver member is fine but esn swaps wont go on until tomorrow.

i KNOW im not in a PAYGO area cause i had several 3g phones on the monthly 55$ plan in the past few years . im in Philladelphia, Pa. i have looked around and researched this quite a bit and i followed this guide step by step just dont get why its not working its a Galaxy s2 by sprint a.k.a ( Epic touch 4g ) its most likely something im doing wrong but if im doing it step by step it cant be just me

**UPDATE** got data working flawlessly now gonna call and see if they can add the meid to my account

**UPDATE 2** called today and theyre able to flash over but need to pay 15$ to transfer, now, when i dial *228 i still get the collect call msg, is that because i havent transferred my number to it? and mms...can i get it working without root? if not what roms would you reccomend to fkash to it?
    Last edited by loki7186; 03-19-2013 at 12:29 PM.

so i succesfully got it flashed over only thing is my 3g is so SLOW did a speed test and its only 40k so i assume its only on 1x but it still shows the 3g symbol any suggestions

*EDIT* maybe its the prl im using i have 42900 on it now im in philadelphia pa and there is plenty of 3g coverage and if i change the prl do i have to go throught the whole flashing process all over again?

*EDIT* cant *228 gives me a cricket guy saying to make a call use area code or something.
    Last edited by loki7186; 03-19-2013 at 08:21 PM.

can anyone help?

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You're in a triband area so you're probably not going to get good speeds in general. You're basically data roaming. Check all threads pertaining to data use in triband areas.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

well not expecting BLAZING fast speeds but a little more than my speed test which shows ping 627ms 234kbps d/l and 21kbps u/l on prl 45751

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ping time sucks but some would actually consider that DL speed good. Giving the circumstances at least.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

wow i thought it was slow as heck gonna mess around with some prls for triband....anything you recomend? you are a well known and ive seen your name mentioned on a few forums so i trust your judgment

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

It has been a while since I flashed a phone. Try 42700 I think and the hybrid ones.

Maybe Dina could chime in as she would probably have more insight at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

It has been a while since I flashed a phone. Try 42700 I think and the hybrid ones.

Maybe Dina could chime in as she would probably have more insight at the moment.

well this is my first one and i did quite well if i do say so myself, little hiccups and gonna try and get mms working soon, but for now its data....back on topic, the hybrid prls.....they work off sprint towers as well so would i get charged for roaming?

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

thats another name i heard quite often on here

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information