Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

i having so much problems trying to flash my sprint Samsung galaxy s2 to work on cricket I watch the tutorial step by step and still nothing happen the 3g signal didn't show up when it reboot and when I make a call its saying that my phone is temporary discounted but I know my wife cricket phone work still getting calls and textes..plus all da info is in the s2 but not working.....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%

I hear ya man...I got the 3g icon and the data works on mine,all the phone info on my e4gt has my numbers in there..But I cant text,make a call either..I dont know what I am missing here either

Quote Originally Posted by Souderrick View Post
    I have followed the directions on this exactly,On my e4gt the numbers show my cricket number,I see the prl has been changed etc..But I cannot get the 3g and it still says sprint..I have done this prolly 10 times now ..Someone called me and it came thru the e4gt,I tried to call back and get a fast busy signal...I know I am real close to having this done,and I have tried different prl's..So I dont know what the problem is here.

android 2.3.6 gb el29
    Im having tis same problem still say sprint when turning it on and nothing else is working but my phone is a sprint Samsung galaxy s2.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by weedparadise420 View Post
    Im having tis same problem still say sprint when turning it on and nothing else is working but my phone is a sprint Samsung galaxy s2.
    thought it was more easier than this
    Last edited by weedparadise420; 05-14-2013 at 09:14 PM.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Well I feel somewhat better thing trouble doing this. I've tried several times and still nothing...I haven't even seen a change to the 3G icon. Now the I bought this phone with a bad esn for the purpose of flashing it to cricket. Is that why it's not working because the esn is bad?

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1982 View Post
    Well I feel somewhat better thing trouble doing this. I've tried several times and still nothing...I haven't even seen a change to the 3G icon. Now the I bought this phone with a bad esn for the purpose of flashing it to cricket. Is that why it's not working because the esn is bad?
    Sorry about the grammar lol idk what was going on in that post. I was saying I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble doing this. and I've done much harder things to phones than this smh. Can someone please help that's been successful in flashing the device?

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

1) Make sure your meid is ALREADY activated with cricket. In case of triband markets, you might have issue doing it through customer service; wait, you will for SURE have an issue with them. So visit a store and tell them to activate it as M6000 or another native android device. If they have no clue what you are saying, tell them to put the meid in the system and when it asks what phone it is, choose M6000

2) Make sure min and mdn are correct. In none triband markets, just *228 the phone after loading the prl and resetting the spc. Get your min and mdn (phone number) in, then proceed with the flash.

3) Now for internet. In MIP field you need to create at least 2 profiles (same thing, just twice). One does not get 3g going. Though it will be set up as simple ip, practice shows that you need that second one in there. Don't ask me why!

4) New Jersey, is not only famous for Snooki, but also for being a triband market for Cricket. Make sure you get a good prl (something new like 45551, or 45756 and etc).

5) When you write to the phone, make sure to write it twice too. PPP for the UN always changes after the first restart. So type, write, after the reboot, hit write again.

Hope that helps you, folks.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Ok I finally got it working but now I can't make calls, the internet works but when I dial *228 there's no key pad on the screen to activate the phone and when I hit home and go into the dialer it doesn't respond. Any ideas?

edit: here's the prl I put on the phone 60680Sprint.prl
    Last edited by brabbit1982; 05-27-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Ok I finally got it working but now I can't make calls, the internet works but when I dial *228 there's no key pad on the screen to activate the phone and when I hit home and go into the dialer it doesn't respond. Any ideas?

edit: here's the prl I put on the phone 60680Sprint.prl
    Why would you put a sprint prl?
    *228 does not work in Philly by the way. Put a cricket prl on it.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

I gave my phone to my room mate and he's been having problems I can't fix. Phone worked fine for me but now there's prl and cdma issues idk what to do.

CDMA and QPST don't read the phone. I can't even get it to port. His prl actually said "default" but now it's saying "49016". If I could get the programs to read the phone I could at least change the prl myself. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong? Tia!

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by PoopooTickler View Post
    I gave my phone to my room mate and he's been having problems I can't fix. Phone worked fine for me but now there's prl and cdma issues idk what to do.

CDMA and QPST don't read the phone. I can't even get it to port. His prl actually said "default" but now it's saying "49016". If I could get the programs to read the phone I could at least change the prl myself. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong? Tia!
    1) What's your Android version (if Android 4.0.4- Dial ##8778# and put the option in ALL. If android 4.1.2, Dial ##3424# and put it in ALL). Sometimes you need to reboot it for the LPT port to create.
    2) The 49 something prl can be just loaded via *228. Nothing bad with it.
    3) Make sure to write the new number in PPP and MIP. Also, make sure two write them twice in qpst. One of the PPPs sticks only after the second write.

Hope that helps.

1. 4.2.2. Do I need to downgrade to get into that menu?
    2. Yea I remember doing *228 when I first got the phone set up for him
    3. I understand fully but that's the problem. Neither program recognizes the phone to even allow me to do this now.
    Last edited by PoopooTickler; 06-01-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Customer Since
    Oct 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Why would you put a sprint prl?
    *228 does not work in Philly by the way. Put a cricket prl on it.
    Thats one of the park's given on this site to try. Ok I got prl 35513 loaded. I have bats and a 3G signal. How do I go about activating the phone? Do I just call cricket or go into a cricket and do it that way? Thanks again for your help.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Thats one of the park's given on this site to try. Ok I got prl 35513 loaded. I have bats and a 3G signal. How do I go about activating the phone? Do I just call cricket or go into a cricket and do it that way? Thanks again for your help.
    You will most likely have to go into the store that knows how to activate flashed phones. Or find somebody here that can help. Customer service will straight refuse a non triband phone for esn change. If you go to the store, and they tell you it cannot be activated, tell them to put it in the system, and choose Kyocera M6000 as the model

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PoopooTickler View Post
    1. 4.2.2. Do I need to downgrade to get into that menu?
    2. Yea I remember doing *228 when I first got the phone set up for him
    3. I understand fully but that's the problem. Neither program recognizes the phone to even allow me to do this now.
    If you have a custom rom, that might be an issue. Cannot tell exactly if that's the issue though. Does it create a comport at all in device manager?

See I thought the rom would have the been the issue also but I was using Blu Kuban until I gave the phone to him. No it doesn't create a port at all. Since he had problems I've already flashed 5/6 different roms with different builds and none of them help me get a port.

Customer Since
    06/2012
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G

Help!!!
    In an attempt to get MMS working, I somehow deleted the stock mms.apk and not my phone will not allow me to install anykind of mms.apk. It is stock samsung epic 4g touch rooted. any help will be appreciated..

Customer Since

query: i know the guide is written for the sprint s2, but will a boost s2 work?

there are local flashing stores that will full flash this to cricket with working mms, etc etc, but id rather not pay the 40 bux if i dont have too

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information