Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

No I'm not. You've never been a part of any car forums have you?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    xbiker321

I had a 2000 Honda Prelude so Prelude forums, now a 2006 Subaru STi so a bunch of Subaru forums. Also a 2009 ZX6R so Kawasaki forums.

I forgot I needed to change my ESN, lol. The flash went well I think, the $45 internet works great. About to become a supporting member here so I can get the ESN changed.

ESN changed. $45 internet, calling, and txting working great. Haven't bothered messing around with MMS yet.
    Last edited by xbiker321; 10-19-2011 at 02:14 PM.

So what if i want to switch it back to sprint? What are the settings? I bought one of these phones already flashed to cricket and i want to get it back. Thank You

xbiker321

Quote Originally Posted by maliburider View Post
    So what if i want to switch it back to sprint? What are the settings? I bought one of these phones already flashed to cricket and i want to get it back. Thank You
    A while back I had Sprint and bought the old Epic 4g phone from someone who had it flashed to Metro. I brought the phone into the Sprint store and they wiped it back to stock there and activated my ESN on the spot. Make sure that your phone has a clean ESN too or else you won't be able to activate it on Sprint.

Amateur question; I just bought a Sprint epic 4G touch but I don't have a Cricket number. Should I get a Cricket number at first and then do this Flashing on my phone?

Please don't laugh at me

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Yes you should go and get one. Make sure you tell them that phone is flashed and not that you going to flash it because going try to sell a flash that they do. We have this problem over here and I don't know if you have the same over there.

xbiker321

"UPDATE (11/22/2011): If anyone wants a fix for the MMS, please post in this thread. If there is a demand, we'll try to add more information ASAP."

Please post MMS fix. I'm using this phone on Cricket and having MMS would be nice. Thanks!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by xbiker321 View Post
    "UPDATE (11/22/2011): If anyone wants a fix for the MMS, please post in this thread. If there is a demand, we'll try to add more information ASAP."

Please post MMS fix. I'm using this phone on Cricket and having MMS would be nice. Thanks!
    All supporting members please e-mail webmaster at cricketusers.com for the solution. Thanks...

Working on a public release...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Yes you should go and get one. Make sure you tell them that phone is flashed and not that you going to flash it because going try to sell a flash that they do. We have this problem over here and I don't know if you have the same over there.
    Ok I'm going to ask a stupid question. I dont have a cricket account or number. How do I get a number? We have no cricket dealers where I live and best buy and walmart are the only people that sell here. Can I just call them and tell them I have a flashed cricket phone already and they will assign me a number and then I can flash the phone? I have flashed to boost many times but cricket is a new thing for me. Thanks.

Phone
    3VO

Go to mycricket.com and check if area. Also can customer service to check if u can have flash phone in your area. Make sure it for area because cs r lazy and will just yes u can.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 2.0%

Please try to find a fix for the mms I think you haven't had any replies since as you mentioned on the start of this thread YOU ARE the only thread I could find on flashing the sph-d710 to cricket. I have been trying to fix mms for months since this phone came out with no success. I tried to install jiminyV hoping that I could get away with the extra boot options on the power menu, but for that i need clockwork 2.x.x and I even tried converting to edify, which I just got a headache from. I also tried to change the default.xml in the /system/customize/MNS/..., then apn via apnbackup but there is not such mns folder on this rom. Tried changing the apns via apn backup and restore, no success.. I tried the generic mms that you first posted when you first open this thread, and that didn't work properly either. I tried using gosms pro here http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...#axzz1eh2J7O9I to bypass apn, failed too. Also I have been loosing signal now and then and the only fix is to reboot, I think i fixed it by using ODIN and following this thread
    [ACS][KERNEL][ODIN] Stock Pulled Repacked with CWM5 ****Updated 10/28**** - xda-developers

As you can see I been doing my homework, help please? If there is nothing else to do I guess I will pay for your software.

thank you in advance

Last edited by Geko; 12-01-2011 at 03:38 PM.

id hate to ruin everyone's day with this question... i followed each step in this tutorial perfectly. i can use the internet but i can't make phone calls. if i call 611 i get connected to cricket but when i try to make a regular call or send a text, i get nothing but a busy tone or message failed to send. Am I doing something wrong? or did i do it right but now have to go into a cricket store to get the esn changed? in some tutorial on youtube he was able to make phone calls right after he finished up on qpst service programming. i am confused help me pleaseeeeee.

Phone
    3VO

So u haven't change esn to ur account. I would If u want talk and text to work u do that. They also do it here if a member.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

is there anyway to activate & maintain this phone on the $25 or $35 plan?

plz help fix mms

Please try to find a fix for the mms I think you haven't had any replies since as you mentioned on the start of this thread YOU ARE the only thread I could find on flashing the sph-d710 to cricket. I have been trying to fix mms for months since this phone came out with no success. I tried to install jiminyV hoping that I could get away with the extra boot options on the power menu, but for that i need clockwork 2.x.x and I even tried converting to edify, which I just got a headache from. I also tried to change the default.xml in the /system/customize/MNS/..., then apn via apnbackup but there is not such mns folder on this rom. Tried changing the apns via apn backup and restore, no success.. I tried the generic mms that you first posted when you first open this thread, and that didn't work properly either. I tried using gosms pro here
    GoSMS Universal MMS Solution for Cricket Wireless Flashed Android Phones
    to bypass apn, failed too. Also I have been loosing signal now and then and the only fix is to reboot, I think i fixed it by using ODIN and following this thread

[ACS][KERNEL][ODIN] Stock Pulled Repacked with CWM5 ****Updated 10/28**** - xda-developers

As you can see I been doing my homework, help please? If there is nothing else to do I guess I will pay for your software.

thank you in advance

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...#ixzz1hz7arZa6

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information