Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Yeah, it does that to me too, and won't receive sometimes... I'm not sure what it is, but it still works. It might sound crazy, but sometimes even a reboot doesn't seem to fix it, but if I use APN Backup & Restore to delete and then then restore the APNs then reboot, it works again. Maybe that's not necessary, but that's what I do to get it working again.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Which PRL and modem are you guys running with success? I'm having horrible 3g speeds, tried 3 different modems so far..

Supporting Member

HI i did all the steps as shown in the video. I have previously flashed evo's and evo 3d's. so im familiar with flashing phones. I did all the steps as shown in the video. I use *611 and i do get the 'welcome to cricket' prompt. This galaxy is not activated yet but im getting messages and missed call when they call my evo 3d. In the mobile networks my 3g icon is selected. I used an app to check 3g connectivity and its just staying on "connecting" but it doesn't connect. I don't have the 3g icon on top either. What could be the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

UPDATE: It seems i had the profile enabled on the 0 section. It should only be enable on the 1. 3g is now showing on the notification bar. Seems internet is working now.
    Last edited by juanto2804; 02-09-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by skyhighdroid View Post
    Which PRL and modem are you guys running with success? I'm having horrible 3g speeds, tried 3 different modems so far..
    I'm using EL26 right now, but I've tried EK02 and EL29 too. EK02 worked great for me except for my signal seemed to fluctuate a lot. I can't seem to get GrenK45 to work with EL29 for some reason.

My PRL is 35568, which is a local one to the San Antonio area I believe. I tried the hybrid PRL from this websiite, and my 3G speeds were pretty slow too, like 120k down on my Evo before I got my E4GT.

Someone said http://www.cricketusers.com/attachme...9&d=1320562862 was a good PRL, and also 45513 was good too. It might be a good ideato read through the PRL thread in the flashing tools and downloads section.

so i have working MMS outgoing but not incoming. Ive tryed the gosms solution as well and i still have no working mms incoming.

I tryed anycut to manually put in my settings but anytime i try to change the MNC to 004 like it needs to be it will delete my whole apn and i have to start all over.

heres my settings

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    so i have working MMS outgoing but not incoming. Ive tryed the gosms solution as well and i still have no working mms incoming.

I tryed anycut to manually put in my settings but anytime i try to change the MNC to 004 like it needs to be it will delete my whole apn and i have to start all over.

heres my settings

I have incoming but not outgoing!! LOL
    So I went thru all the steps on the xda link, (apn restored the attached cricket file, replaced the 3 other files, replaced mms.apk from the indulge zip, set my permissions in the mms.apk file r-w-rr) dialed ##data# set the MMSC to

http://wap.cricket.com

I didn't do the last step which was autostart (i'm on the $55 plan andriod plan)

I'm on Blazer Rom 3.9 I noticed my sms messenger icon on the app bar dissappeared when i rebooted to test MMS. I went to apps and opened messenger and it appears its back to default style messenger, so it looks like i lost the ICS messenger with this mms.apk file..

Anyhow, i am able to receive MMS now! but when i try to send an MMS it just sits there says "sending" forever.

Is there something else i am forgetting?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

i was wondering, now that i got my ET4G fully flashed, if i run it thru CDMA to insert a different PRL, (would i lost the activation on the account???)

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

If all you do is write the PRL, then your phone will be fine. Not sure I understood exactly what you meant by losing the activation on the account, but the PRL tells the phone where the cell towers are. The PRL is totally different than your settings. Oh, and you can use QPST to flash the PRL. Have you tried *22804 by chance? That should should/might update the PRL for wherever you are.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

i have tried *22804 and it gives me the "the number that you have dialed is incorrect" error message,
    and on another note, how could i use QPST for JUST chinging the PRL FILES?? (im kinda lost there) or woruld i have to also add the settings in order for the phone to be written correctly

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

The place to change the PRL is under the Roaming tab. In QPST and CDMA Workshop, only the things you change get written to the phone. If you change the PRL, and write it to your phone, nothing else is changed.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

oh, i thoght u had to write the all the info in order for the prl to get written

Overall activity: 5.0%

I'm having the same 3G/1X problem...3G will pick up for a bit then drop back to 1X and horrible slow speeds...anyone ever figure it out? EL26 modem...blazer ROM...I don't mind as much seeing that I have working 4G BUT i'd like to have 3G for other purposes(mms)

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

i know that PRL and modem be affecting the speeds, i think ur best bet is to try random PRLS, right now im using a hybrid PRL on a triban area (chicago) and i getting great speeds with it. *45613 if ya were wondering* on kernel and bandbase EL29

Overall activity: 5.0%

I've tried a slew of PRL's....32100 the hybrid posted here....cricKet's most current (*228) 42700....nothing seems to work i may get 3g for a bit then it seems like something causes it to dummy out and revert back to 1x....i'm getting by with the 4g still working from sprint but we all know that may not last long

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information