Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

It might be a good idea to go back through and double check your QPST settings.

DJ SKAMA, I was reading through the flashing steps, and I was wrong when I told you about flashing a PRL through QPST. According to the tutorial, if you go back into QPST you need to go into CDMA Workshop and re-write the NV files. I hope that you see this before you try it!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Not to sound like a dick but I'm no newb to flashing....I've owned just about EVERY High end sprint device released in the last two years and they've all been flashed to my cricket account....My Evo3D had no such problems with the exact same settings....I flash a good 15 phones a week and no phone has ever done this the Photon I just did took the settings and got 3G immediately along with the 4 Epic4G's i've done this week for others. Pisses me off that my personal phone is doing this....and whats the purpose of the NV items? Data settings don't revert....I've seen them revert once on the Epic4G's that i've done but writing them a second time makes them stick even after countless reboots....My phone sat on working 3G earlier today for about a half hour while using navigation and the connection was actively being used...then it dropped back to 1X....if it was a problem with data settings sticking 3G wouldn't work AT ALL...

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

What was I going to say??
    Last edited by theclerk74; 02-23-2012 at 12:23 AM.

I'm not angry or lashing out at anyone I'm just conveying my frustration through my text. I have working MMS....thats easy....mms.apk and telephony.db placed in the right spot like you stated and permissions changed(had to do this to evo and evo3d to make mms work with MIUI ROMs.). I just don't see how it's "defective" hardware either..when I got the phone it was still active on Sprint...with working 3G data....now I'm on cricket and have 1X only which is absolutely horrible...even sending pictures is a pain sometimes have to forward the picture to the same person for it to go through(first one seems to always hang...dunno why). Just frustrating as hell. Like I've done all the steps we would suggest to a newb flasher before I even came here....then I get here and see I think 1 person with my problem and couldn't get it resolved...just makes no sense....sorry for the confusion

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Not to mention the 3G does pick up some times.....NV items I never had to use on any phone other than a crap motorola...but the bionic takes data settings without reverting....so no more NV items needed for newer phones it seems....ugh....

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

The only other thing I can even think of is reflashing a rom... I had a few times with my Evo, which I flashed romson like every other day LOL... And I had a very similar situation happen quite a few times. I don't know why, but if you haven't already, why not do a Nandroid backup and try reflashing a rom?

It's worth a try...ICS would probably complicate the problems....then again ICS-deck on my Evo3D actually fixed MMS all i did was edit the apn and use the ROM as-is...with working mms...just broken camera(go figure lol)

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Really? My wife's Droid 3 was the first time I had to mess with the NV items since... Dang, well it's been a while. LOL So I thought it was weird that I had to do it two phones in a row

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

I'm still waiting for something with working GPS... LOL And I need to be pretty committed to the idea just because of the hassle to flash back to a GB rom...

My first and last run in with NV items....Droid1/2 absolutely hated those phones HWVSP....soooooo slow. But back to the topic I'm going to take a swing with ICS on this phone and see what i've got

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Cool... Hey, if you haven't yet, which you probably have - Take a look in the General section at XDA to look at a couple threads on how NOT to brick your phone if you need to flash / Nandroid back. That's why I'm still a little on the fence about trying it myself. Good luck

Overall activity: 0%

can you help me get mms on my flashed metropcs epic touch, i downloaded the mms.apk from the link but what do i enter in for the apn for metropcs

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

i did catch that and thanks for the info, its been helping me alot. and, for the life of me, i still cant get my MMS to work, when i already had it working

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

benitobarrera, Go to the Market on your phone and get APNBackupandRestore, make a folder in your internal storage and name it ApnBackupRestore (Yes, without the 'and'), then you're going to need to Google for a MetroPCS apn. I saw some at XDA, but the same as Cricket, they are posted all over the place.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

And DJ Skama, If you had it working, the only thing I can think of is that you need to use APNBackupand Restore too... Delete APNs, and then restore APN's and reboot. Also, depending on what APNs you are using, it wouldn't hurt to open them up in a text editor and just double check that your number is in there still. I can't remember if you said you did or not, but did you delete or change the extension from .apk to something else for MMSProvision that's in /system/app?

can you please be more specific on changing the permissions keep having problems every time I restart my phone my mms.apk crashes (force close...)and have to do all the process again replace telephony mms....with the ones downloaded install mms.apk again and starts working again.

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Well, the easy way to do it is to just match it with the permissions of the other apk's in the app folder. Also, look in the MMS thread too. I posted a screen shot of how my MMS permissions are set.

Read write read read is the permissions for mms.apk just make it match the old mms.apk the telephony.DB should match the permissions of the old telephony.DB. easy squeazy

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information