Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

E4GT on cricket MMS FIX YET?

Has anyone successfully gotten MMS to work on the Epic Touch on cricket with the $55 android plan?

2. Remove this advertisement.

i have it outgoing but not incoming at the moment. no idea whats wrong

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Really? I posted how to do it in the flashing guide thread, and everyone is still asking. Here is a screen shot of a test MMS from myself to myself and another from a friend.

sc20120215-093032.pngxsc20120215-093849.png

not everybody is on the 45 dollar plan

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I honestly don't think it matters. MMS works the same on either plan. The data settings are where the fun starts with the $45 plan. MMS goes through wap.cricket.com and port 8080 on any plan, if I'm not mistaken. The problem is most likely in the MMS.apk itself. When I had the Evo 4G, and used MIUI or CyanogenMod, I had to replace the MMS.apk because there are settings inside that prevent it from working with Cricket. That's why I'm using the MMS.apk from the Samsung Indulge for Cricket. Maybe if you do that, set the permissions and delete that MMSprovision.apk you'll have MMS sending AND receiving.

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Oh, and I've seen people set the MMSC the way you did, and the way I've done it is
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

too...

no luck on installing the indulge apk keeps saying application not installed. Guess i'll have to pay someone to get it working on mine and my wifes phones
    Last edited by accordman; 02-15-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

You don't install it. Your phone needs to be Rooted, which is easy to do (
    [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash) - xda-developers

) You use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer to move it. I use ES, and go into settings and check Root Explorer, give it permission, and then check Mount File System. Copy the Indulge MMS.apk, and then press the star icon in the top left, and then select the phone. Scroll down to System, and then App. Scroll down to MMS.apk, long press and delete. Do the same with MMSprovision. Then press the Paste icon at the top to move the other MMS.apk. After that, long press the new MMS.apk and choose Properties. press the permissions and all three boxes are checked for User, and only the first box is checked for Group and Other. Reboot, and you should be good.

There are other ways to do the same thing using ADB, but I haven't messed with figuring that out. I have always rooted my phones, so this way is easier for me.

Hope this helps

Oh, and make sure you have the right modem, and know what it is before rooting...

Last edited by theclerk74; 02-15-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theclerk74 View Post
    Really? I posted how to do it in the flashing guide thread, and everyone is still asking. Here is a screen shot of a test MMS from myself to myself and another from a friend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC20120215-093032.png 
Views:	423 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	1651xClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SC20120215-093849.png 
Views:	336 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	1652
    I'm rooted and I'm on the $55 android plan.. I downloaded the Indulge .zip file you linked, can you direct me what to do next?

Phone Whore(;
    Phone
    Apple iPhone 5

Is all this not in that thread that he posted?
    *Please PM me ONLY if you have posted in the forum, and I have not replied. Thank you.*

Wanna know how I became a SuperMod?? I got engaged to the creator of the site. (;

Find devices to flash to Cricket here (refine the search to find the phone model you desire).
    Feel free to donate so we can get more devices to write tutorials on!
    GreenK45 - Automatic proxy setup (u2nl/autostart) for Android flashed phone users on the $45 plan. Now available on the Android Market!

I think i may have missed that thread he posted.. can u attach link?

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

It's in the first stickied thread, the one on how to flash the ET4G on page 5 I think. The walkthrough is linked there, but like I said, use the Indulge MMS.apk instead. Between that post and what I described above, it should work.

Like I said, I'm not a pro or anything, but I've flashed a few roms on my phone and do those steps each time and my MMS is working. I linked to the thread instead of copy and pasting it since it isn't my work, and I don't want to take credit for other people's hard work.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Here's my post from the other thread:

I think (Pretty sure) that this is all I did...

I followed the guide here

How to get MMS on Epic 4g flashed to Cricket Wireless **SOLVED Partially** - xda-developers

Now, when I did that, the MMS.apk included in his zip didn't work. So, I was looking for something that would. I found it in the Samsung Indulge section:
    MMS Experimenting with Cricket Samsung Indulge Files (for other phones)
    in the file from the first post. Also, don't forget to fix the permissions after you put the MMS.apk into the apps folder. rw- r-- r--

I also changed the MMSC in ##data# to

wap.cricket.com

I'm not sure if all of this was necessary, or how well it will work for anyone else. It's just what I did. I rebooted my phone a couple times and all still seems ok. It's sending and receiving without any problems so far. I also want to say that I'm on the $45 plan, and use GreenK45.

Hopefully this is something that works for others, and hopefully it keeps working for me too LOL

Edit:

I also renamed mmsprovision.apk, and I suppose you could delete it too. It seems like that was stopping messages from downloading.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I don't think it's really necessary to change the MMSC in the ##DATA# from the dialer. Mine just has a *, and I can't seem to change it. But it's still working for me like that.

I am going thru that link to xda it appears there are some steps for auto start and apn backup my question is if I am on the 55 filled android plan do I still need to go thru all of the steps mentioned? I have full 3g already working I'm rooted with custom blazer rom and el29 modem..

Are these two steps required on the $55 plan?

Step 3) Open APN Backup & Restore and restore cricketapns-20111115203127.xml

Step 7) Install autostart.apk

Last edited by skyhighdroid; 02-15-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks guys! I am making progress!! I can now receive MMS! cannot send yet ;( So I went thru all the steps on the xda link, (apn restored the attached cricket file, replaced the 3 other files, replaced mms.apk from the indulge zip, set my permissions in the mms.apk file r-w-rr) dialed ##data# set the MMSC to
    http://wap.cricket.com

I didn't do the last step which was autostart (i'm on the $55 plan andriod plan)

I'm on Blazer Rom 3.9 I noticed my sms messenger icon on the app bar dissappeared when i rebooted to test MMS. I went to apps and opened messenger and it appears its back to default style messenger, so it looks like i lost the ICS messenger with this mms.apk file..

Anyhow, i am able to receive MMS now! but when i try to send an MMS it just sits there says "sending" forever.

Is there something else i am forgetting?

i got mine rooted so im trying as we speak to get it going myself.

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Guys, you won't break anything by installing the Autostart (Root). If it works, great... If not, just uninstall it.
    Did you also delete the MMSprovision.apk that is right below MMS.apk in the app folder?
    And here is what my permissions are set to:
    sc20120216-102415.png

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information