Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

Re: E4GT on cricket MMS FIX YET?

Long press build prop to get a list of options, select open in text editor and make the changes

Sent from the JellyVerse 0.2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

I've tried various roms. I'm currently running the Leaked FK23 JB Stock, removed all the sprint junk and all I did was edit the build.prop like a previous post said (See below) I made sure the apn's were correct and using the stock, default SMS app, under settings, removed the Auto-Retrieve since it borked incoming mms messages. I have to manually download the pics.

I'm pretty sure I never did anything else since I didn't want to use any hacks, nor are there any for FK23 JB running Agat recovery kernel, 3.0.31.. CM 10 Beta 2 or nightlies don't even run the latest kernel.

*** UPDATE ***
    If you run JB or ICS, follow the last link below for MMS and APN Setup!

I am running the Leaked JB Rom:

[jb][odin][tar]sph-d710 fk23 (RUMOR OTA)

You can flash it with mobile odin but you need to flash the stock modem listed in the above link first as it doesn't always take when flashing the full rom.

Once you flash the Modem, flash the Rom, then you can flash Agats repack to have the stock kernel with the agat recovery.

[NEW][KERNEL][REPACK] FK23 with AGAT tREC_v0.2.2 recovery - xda-developers

Flash Modem, Then Rom, Then Agat Recovery. I did all with Mobile Odin.

Jelly Bean doesn't allow apn editing.. Follow this post for MMS and to set APN's for the $45 or $50+ plans.
    Cricket ICS and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

Last edited by cbunting99; 01-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbunting99 View Post
    Jelly Bean doesn't allow apn editing.. Follow this post for MMS and to set APN's for the $45 or $50+ plans.
    Cricket ICS and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

At this point the fix listed above only works on ICS and JB "AOSP" (non TW) roms. Again it doesn't work on any JB Touchwiz roms only AOSP such as CM10/9 rom. In ICS TW it requires use of a 3rd party app such as Go SMS or Handcent to receive SMS. I'm running 2.57 ParanoidAndroid with Exit_Only's tweaks/alternative data fix/the MMS fix above/GB or ICS modem(I'm at Fi25) and get better battery life then I ever did on GB.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Slayder View Post
    At this point the fix listed above only works on ICS and JB "AOSP" (non TW) roms. Again it doesn't work on any JB Touchwiz roms only AOSP such as CM10/9 rom. In ICS TW it requires use of a 3rd party app such as Go SMS or Handcent to receive SMS. I'm running 2.57 ParanoidAndroid with Exit_Only's tweaks/alternative data fix/the MMS fix above/GB or ICS modem(I'm at Fi25) and get better battery life then I ever did on GB.
    Yeah, I figured that out. The Sprint TW JB Roms are hard coded somewhere to only allow MMS to be sent over the 4G/Wimax connection. I had made a thread where I had started working on this but as of now, I still haven't got a 100% fix. I run CM10 now with the working mms fix, another thread but I like the FK23 leak better. The newer kernel, 3.0.31 is also better and less buggy than ASOP roms. Sound works normal as well so I will be working on MMS again for FK23 shorty.

Chris

If you people must really need MMS just use Kik. I have no idea if I have regular MMS as I use Google Voice but with Kik MMS comes and goes instantly.

Customer Since
    Sept 2009

Thanks Im already running the fix i found here and it works

Quote Originally Posted by theclerk74 View Post
    Hey guys, I tried the apk from this thread:

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...transform.html

And it worked without me even setting any apn's. It names the app Universal CKT MMS, but this might be what you guys need...
    Don't thank me if it works, just go to the threat and thank the OP, Kenny Kane
    This made it work for me. I have an E4GT running ICS Build FL24 and it worked without me editing anything. Just simply install it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information