Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

E4GT Houldini Flash Issues

Hi,

My epic 4g was running ICS from an odin update after the OTA release on Sprint. A couple of weeks later, we moved to cricket. In the store they (cricket) flashed my phone using Houdini. MMS has never really worked right. They installed HoudiniMMS which eventually seems to receive text messages, but never provides notification, nor can you send out text messages to more than one person. The default Android SMS app still works for sending, but not receiving. Voicemail notification, yada yada...

Lately WIFI is broken horribly. It will work in airplane mode, but as soon as 3g service turns on, it kills wifi. I usually get a "connected to wifi nul" error.

Using the ##data# I looked through some of the settings, and it appears nothing was really changed over. I tried changing the settings as per below to no avail.

Code:
    MMSC URL:
    was http://mms.sprintpcs.com
    now:     http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

RTSP Proxy Address
    was: rtsp.vog.sprintpcs.com
    now: 0.0.0.0

RTSP Proxy Port
    was: 554
    now: 0

HTTPD Proxy Address
    was: pd.vog.sprintpcs.com
    now: 0.0.0.0

HTTPD Proxy Port
    was: 8085
    now: 0
    I've tried changing the settings back, but that doesn't seem to fix anything either. Strangely, Youtube et al were working with the sprint settings. I was hoping to get the default MMS program to work...

3G service seems to come in and out, and going to airplane mode and back seems to resolve that most of the time.

I'm wondering, did I just get a horribly done flash here? I also would like to root the phone, so I can get rid of all of the Sprint ID crudware.

Regards,

James

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Thats what you get when you use Houdini to flash your phones muah ahahahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    Thats what you get when you use Houdini to flash your phones muah ahahahahahahahahah
    It's not like I knew what they were going to use. When the store tells you they can flash something, you assume they can. It wasn't somebody off the street.

Should I get this reflashed with something else? Not sure if that would really help or not. Mostly I'm thinking Flashed Sprint phones on Cricket are kind of a no-go in spite of what the cricket rep said (unless I want to spend the rest of my time with this phone constantly "tinkering" with it)

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

oh, sorry
    I feel bad now
    Flash it brother I have my S2 which I did myself fully functional. But I am a dealer who actually knows how to flash phones. I dont use any tools except CDMA Workshop, LGNPST, Samsung PST, QPST and QXDM, Blackberry Desktop Manager, HWVSP, CHMC PST, Palm jar's cause im no Beezlewaxin.

Is CDMA Workshop worth the cost? I do like to play with various ROMs, but if flashing is just a one time deal, it may make more sense to have somebody like chrisngrod do this... If I have to do this twice, or my wife's G1 Epic 4g, then maybe buying the s/w and learning how to do this is a better idea. It's just something I never particularly cared to learn how to do...

From what I've read, only CDMA workshop is required for this, correct?

Reflashed with CDMA workshop demo and QTSP per here: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...ernet-mms.html
    I used the basic sprint profile so I could run *228 to update.

Ran a logcat focusing on wifi errors. Found an error about .cid.info being gone. Google returns some advice.
    Code:
    adb shell
    getprop ril.cid
    getprop ril.cid >  /data/.cid.info
    ril.cid property was blank in my case, so no good. and the file didn't exist. Still true after full factory flash, so not sure what the deal was there.
    Still had issues with wifi, so time for a new rom with root (it appears the wifi dying option may be related to a bad OTA upgrade to FF18 ICS [even though it was working with sprint....]):

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FF18_CL663858 (FF18 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted) - xda-developers

I tried the PRESERVE Userdata version first, which left all programs and data fine, but Houdini MMS was still getting in the way of everything, and wifi didn't work. This let me back up that program (and others with Titanium Backup) so I could go on to a full factory wipe. Then I did the RESET user data option.

After this Wifi works again! and the standard messaging app sends/receives text messages. MMS is still out, but I can live without this until it gets worked out. I did do the ##data# edit the mms url, proxy, etc.
    Can anyone confirm what the MMS URL is supposed to be? I've read:

http://mms.mycricket.com/mycricket/mms.php

and

mms" target="_blank">http://mms

.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

I've tried them both.

Next is to try the cricketmms.apk from the transform again. Prior, it could send but not receive.
    http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...transform.html

In lieu of above, perhaps I should get mraabhimself's MMS App. Anyone know how to buy it? Is this a PM sort of thing? Does it work yet on ICS?

Regards,

James

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

too much work brother, buy CDMA Workshop

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

Houdini

Created by a low paid programmer for POCKET Communications, originally (and seems still) created for quick flashes to their service (cdma, was rival of Cricket here in san Antonio till they sold san Antonio market and moved north. The program was never designed for full flashes, the main focus of the program was call connectivity, sms, mms, web, etc were NOT an important factor in the design of this program.
    What does all that mumbo jumbo mean? Use qpst to flash your phone, or find a DEALER that uses better flashing programs.

Thread Information