Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Epic Touch Flash back to Sprint?

I just moved from Cricket to Sprint due to coverage issues......Can someone please let me know how to port the phone to sprint.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by sud123 View Post
    I just moved from Cricket to Sprint due to coverage issues......Can someone please let me know how to port the phone to sprint.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Are u asking how to add ur # to sprint. Are u asking how to move a cricket phone to sprint. Are u asking how to remove the cricket prl and add the sprint prl so the phone can activate on sprint. Are u asking how to remove cricket's settings to enable it to work on sprint.

This is some of the responses anyone could have ask u. More detail on what u want to ask member. Be specific to help urself, so we can help u.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I think he is wanting to get his phone back on sprint since crickets coverage isn't that great where he lives. That's how I took it could be wrong though.

I ported a number from cricket to sprint yesterday and activated a old HTC hero. I want to use my Epic Touch on Sprint.

I want to know, if I have to do any reprogramming (using QPST & CDMA workshop) so that it will work on Sprint.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I think you will need to find all the sprint files and reload them back on the phone. I factory reset won't work my buddy is going through this with his photon.

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    I think you will need to find all the sprint files and reload them back on the phone. I factory reset won't work my buddy is going through this with his photon.
    I have a friend with epic touch on sprint who can give me the default values to undo the following steps done in QPST. Please let me know if this is the wrong way to go.

1. Click the "M.IP" tab and set "Mobile IP Behavior" as "Simple Only".
    Select any profile number 1 (not 0) listed under "user profiles" and click edit. Do the following for all profiles:
    Make sure that "profile enabled" is checked and enter in the following:
    NAI: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com
    Tethered NAI: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com
    2. Leave "home address", "primary ha", and "secondary HA" to what they were set at.
    3. On both "HA Shared" and "AAA Shared Secret, select the "enter text string" and type in the following password (all lower case): "cricket".
    4. Click "Ok".
    5. Set active user as "1" if it is not already set this way.
    6. Click "PPP Config".
    7. Click the "Um" Button.
    8. Under user ID enter: your10digitcricketnumber@mycricket.com as well as for tethered NAI. If a text box is black with red lines in it, click it and press ctrl + D. Enter "cricket" in the password box.
    9.Click the "AN" Button and repeat the last step.
    10. Click "write to phone"...After that, you should now have the 3g icon on your phone.
    Another thing that was changed while changing to sprint is the "NV Items". How should I update this?

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Last edited by sud123; 05-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

I don't know anything about that kinda stuff so maybe someone who is more knowledgeable can help you on that

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Go Qpst, change prl to sprint prl. Then on the dial pad, ##rtn#, hit menu button, reset and wait. This will erase everything u did to phone for cricket. It will keep your apps and data info (like contacts, call log, txt, etc.). It you can factory restore to reset it back to fresh out of box.

Banned
    Overall activity: 2.0%

use Odin and find stock image flash with odin and all should revert

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Odin won't do it. I Odin all the time between flashing ICS roms.

Banned
    Overall activity: 2.0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

I dont think your using Odin correctly then. It will write your phone to stock if you know what your doing not just flashing kernels and rooted roms in a for lack of better words "saftey flash". You have watched your videos and read dont check anything but ...... PDA etc, well guess what happens when you have Odin set correctly you can restore your device to factory. Please do the other users a favor and dont discredit something without proof.

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

How about instead of belittling people, maybe post some useful info that will help the original poster?

First of all, there isn't a lot of information out there on all the features available in Odin. Then, you need to find the correct files. That's probably easier said than done. After that, instructions on how to use the files, and complete the process would be nice to have.

Now, there is a difference between flashing a phone and completely re-writing partitions and other areas of the phone. It seems to me that there would be a fairly high risk of really screwing something up if it isn't done correctly.

That's just my thought process on the subject after only having just watched videos and flashed kernals and stock roms like a little robot-monkey-boy. All I'm saying is, if it's possible, where is the information? And for crying out loud, why don't you post that info, or at least a link to it? Your post saying just use Odin is about as helpful as saying yeah it can be done, and I know how to do it... Good luck!

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong and that it can't be done. I'm just saying give some more info on it... Oh, and please make us an Odin that we can use to just one-click flash our phones to Cricket!

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Go Qpst, change prl to sprint prl. Then on the dial pad, ##rtn#, hit menu button, reset and wait. This will erase everything u did to phone for cricket. It will keep your apps and data info (like contacts, call log, txt, etc.). It you can factory restore to reset it back to fresh out of box.

This worked. Thanks a lot. This is what I did.

flashed a sprint PRL and activated the phone on the sprint account.

THIS WILL RESET THE PHONE TO FACTORY DEFAULTS AND FORMAT THE INTERNAL STORAGE(INCLUDING PICTURES).

Dail pad -> ##RTN# -> Enter MSL/SPC -> Reset -> automatically reboots -> Hands free activation starts automatically after reboot -> kept clicking "OK" -> DONE

Talk, 3G & 4G work.

Didn't think it will be this easy. I haven't tried the ODIN method(can't comment). Thanks a lot for you all's input.

Thread Information