Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Epic Touch Flashed - No 3G, Sporadic SMS, No Talk

Update 2: Fixed it. I didn't properly set the CHMOD settings on my u2nl and autostart.sh files - 0755 (user - read/write/execute, group - read/write, others - read/write; here's a
    detailed description of chmod

for anyone who reads this later and doesn't understand).

I would just like to say thanks to Chris and everyone who helped with the touch flash tutorial- you guys are awesome .

Update:
    I called cricket back and made sure the correct MEID # was on my account- big surprise, it wasn't. I had them re-enter my new MEID and now my new phone will make calls and send texts, but the internet is still not working which means it must be some error I made during flashing. Gonna go back over it all and ensure I didn't miss a step.

Hey all, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong here. I flashed my phone and then called 1800CRICKET (was this my mistake? >_<) and gave them my new phone's MEID. The lady charged me $15 and told me to *228. I said "Thanks" and did NOT *228. It wasn't working so I called back in half an hour and asked a gentlemen to refresh my account. He said okay, after we hang up please *228, so like any flasher knows I did not.

Here I am a few hours later and my old phone is still getting all of my texts and calls. My new phone gets texts sometimes, but very sporadically, and gets no 3G connection. I do have a 3g symbol in the upper right corner. When I dial *611 I hear "Welcome to Cricket! Para espanol, marke el uno".

I've followed both the text guide and the youtube guide at this page: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...ernet-mms.html

I'm currently running:
    Rooted using autoroot:
    [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash) - xda-developers

Starburst 1.5.12 ROM
    Modem: EK02
    Kernel: 2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EL29-CL852097
    35510 PRL from here: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...rl-thread.html

Using the $45 method with u2nl and autostart, here is my autostart.sh script:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    export PROXYHOST=wap.mycricket.com
    export PROXYPORT=8080
    export MMSHOST=wap.mycricket.com
    export MMSPORT=8080

#you shouldn't have to edit anything below this line

export PATH="$PATH:/system/bin"
    until netcfg|grep -v DOWN|awk '{print $1}'|grep -v wlan|grep -v lo >/dev/null 2>&1 ; do sleep 1 ; done
    export INTERFACE=`netcfg|grep -v DOWN|awk '{print $1}'|grep -v wlan|grep -v lo`
    export PROXYIP=`ping -c 1 $PROXYHOST|grep PING|cut -d\) -f1|cut -d\( -f2`
    export MMSIP=`ping -c 1 $MMSHOST|grep PING|cut -d\) -f1|cut -d\( -f2`
    iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
    iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
    iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
    iptables -F
    iptables -t nat -F
    iptables -X
    iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -o $INTERFACE -p 6 -d $MMSIP --dport $MMSPORT -j DNAT --to-destination $MMSIP:$MMSPORT
    #iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -o $INTERFACE -p 6 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination $PROXYIP:$PROXYPORT
    iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -o $INTERFACE -p 6 ! -d $PROXYIP ! --dport $PROXYPORT -j REDIRECT --to-port 1025
    u2nl $PROXYIP $PROXYPORT 127.0.0.1 1025 >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    sh -c "sleep 5;kill `ps|grep nk.bla.android.autostart|grep -v grep|awk '{print $2}'`" >/dev/null 2>&1 &
    exit 0
    here is my APN taken from APN backup/restore which i am currently using on my Epic 4g and it gives me 3g and talk/text (no MMS, was messing around with the MMS settings in here to try and get it to work):
    Code:
    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
    <apns>
      <apn name="Production" numeric="310120" mcc="310" mnc="120" apn="1" user="----------@mycricket.com" server="wap.mycricket.com" password="cricket" proxy="" port="" mmsproxy="wap.mycricket.com" mmsport="8080" mmsprotocol="2.0" mmsc="http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />
    </apns>

Last edited by tasoli; 02-06-2012 at 02:25 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information