Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

(Flashed to Cricket) CM10.1 / JB 4.2.1 - Cricket Talk/Text/Data/MMS

Along with Talk/Text/MMS on CM10.. The same setup works for the new CM 10.1 / JB 4.2.1 Rom.. (Again, you must already be flashed to cricket, qpst and cdma workshop + whiterabbit nv_items already!) Follow chrisngrod's tut if you haven't yet flashed to Cricket!..

You can get the latest rom, CyanogenMod 10.1 - WILD FOR THE NIGHT and gapps here,

[ROM] CyanogenMod 10.1 - WILD FOR THE NIGHT - Jan. 16, 2013 - xda-developers

You can get the ICS/JB MMS Fix Here,

Cricket GB, ICS, and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

The modem i am using is FI27 and can be found here.. (Flash modem first if running FK23)

Rwilco12's Android Repository

Again, Flash Rom, Gapps and MMS Fix..

You should now have have talk/text/data and MMS.. A Full Flash..

Chris

screenshot_2013-01-18-00-05-13.png screenshot_2013-01-18-00-14-32.png screenshot_2013-01-18-00-05-50.png screenshot_2013-01-18-00-36-05.png

BTW:
    In the screenshots, I am using apex launcher pro with notications, and the Colbolt Theme (free) from playstore that has the custom status bar icons. The weather widget is World Weather Clock Widget, free from playstore.

*** Update - 1/22/2013 ***

For a gps lock fix as well as other optimizations and tweaks for the 4.2 Rom, you can flash Exit's tweaks once you have this rom up and running. Make sure to grab the very last file (Stable A-I-O v1.3.0 Revamped Universal) listed at the bottom of the page.

Here is the link to Exit's tweak,
    [Android MOD Market] [Tweak][Nov 20] JB Tweaks & Fixes[AOSP or TW][Stable]

Once you flash the Exit_Only Tweak, make sure to re-flash the ICS/JB MMS fix as Exit's tweak will replace your apn_conf.xml file.

So flash exit_tweak and then the JB MMS fix and you should have a pretty optimized 4.2 rom..

Last edited by cbunting99; 01-22-2013 at 08:40 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Samsung e4gt

Hey im having issues with my 3g data no matter what modem I flash. Have anything that might be able to help?

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rebholz View Post
    Hey im having issues with my 3g data no matter what modem I flash. Have anything that might be able to help?
    Hello,
    Did you have 3G working previously? The mms fix basicly only adds support for MMS messaging. Any modem below FJ27 should work. You can't use a JB modem since the kernel in all these Roms are ICS.

You may want to check that your MIN is correct if you used QPST. None of the tutorials here show you where to input your MIN. If you went through any of the tutorials or chrisngrod's tutorial, should should already have 3G data working after your flash the nv_items from
    android - whiterabbit.org

The main things to check in regards to 3G data is,
    1. Make sure MID/MIN is set correctly.
    2. Make sure you have a working .prl.. I use cu49016cktand60683spt.prl
    3. Make sure nv_items had been flashed. (Along with data settings in QPST from Tut)
    4. Make sure a Non-JB modem is flashed.

Check to make sure you haven't accidently overlooked one of the things I mentioned above.

Hope this helps,
    Chris

Last edited by cbunting99; 01-22-2013 at 06:49 PM.

Phone
    Samsung e4gt

Thanks but I made it work. I even got the MMS working too. Its awesome. Thanks fofor posting all of this. Its great help seeing people who do this.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

I added this info to the OP but also posting here in case it gets missed.

For a gps lock fix as well as other optimizations and tweaks for the 4.2 Rom, you can flash Exit's tweaks once you have this rom up and running. Make sure to grab the very last file (Stable A-I-O v1.3.0 Revamped Universal) listed at the bottom of the page.

Here is the link to Exit's tweak,
    [Android MOD Market] [Tweak][Nov 20] JB Tweaks & Fixes[AOSP or TW][Stable]

Once you flash the Exit_Only Tweak, make sure to re-flash the ICS/JB MMS fix as Exit's tweak will replace your apn_conf.xml file.

So flash exit_tweak and then the JB MMS fix and you should have a pretty optimized 4.2 rom..

Chris

Overall activity: 71.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rebholz View Post
    Thanks but I made it work. I even got the MMS working too. Its awesome. Thanks fofor posting all of this. Its great help seeing people who do this.
    Hey chris what did you do to get data working? My phone gets 3g fine on anyother roms exept cyanogen based.. It just dosnt connect driving me nuts

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 0%

Awesome I have to say great job I have been looking for my stock messaging app to work without the stupid thing the guy flashed my phone gave me cricket messaging LOL this works awesome for my picture messaging, the rom is great I have used cynogen mods before on my optimus s, I was reluctant to do that with the s2 but so far I'm loving it. I did have a problem with the facebook not syching contact pictures but I downloaded SyncMe from the app market and it updated all my pics. I have to play with it more but I gotta say I'm absolutely loving it so far, soon to convince the wife to let me do her phone (very hesitant on my capabilities and loves her phone LMAO)
    Again TY

With the new update the battery drain issue is solved great rom

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

When I first flashed this ROM and the MMS fix everything worked fined but now my MMS is acting up. Sometimes it will send other times it stays stuck on sending don't matter if I'm on WiFi or 3g. I can receive just fine. Any ideas as to what could be the problem? I reflashed the MMS fix and I'm still having the same issue.

Make sure thou have the updated ROM then flash ROM tweaks then cricket fix always wipe data cache etc. 2 times before flashing try that see if that fixes it

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 4.0%

My 3G data is not working, before updating 10.1 my 3G is working properly and my Base Band Modem is FI27

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Ok so for those of you with properly flashed devices, this can be fixed by editing a couple lines in your build.prop and updating the APNs XML file.

All you would need is someone to provide you with the apns-conf.xml file from a working Cricket native AOSP rom(preferrably CM10.1 from the S3. The file's layout is the same no matter what phone you use). You would need to do 'adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system' and then use 'adb push apns-conf.xml /system/etc'. Edit your build.prop and change these 2 lines:

ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha (change from Sprint to Cricket)
    ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric (change to 31016)

Save and reboot your phone. MMS and 3G will work without any other solutions. If you update your rom, you would have to do this again so you could use a .bat file or a Linux shell script to do this for you. I have no clue how to do it on a Mac so you'd have to do it manually otherwise. If you guys wanted, I could probably make the scripts and provide the xml file for you, but you'd have to edit the build.prop.

When I'm more confident in my abilities, I could eventually just make a CWM flashable zip that would be universal across phones and JB roms. I'll have to fix my vzw S3 to test it out though.
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 04-24-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 4.0%

No luck, updated build.prop and replaced apns-conf.xml, still no data

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

Quote Originally Posted by anhoni View Post
    No luck, updated build.prop and replaced apns-conf.xml, still no data
    Sounds like an improper flash

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2
    My work on the CDMA Cricket S3 and S4 are now obsolete. Thanks for all the support when I was actively working on them!

Feel free to PM me only after you've posted on the forums.

If you need to buy something from Ebay, please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information