Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Talking (Flashed to Cricket) Quick CM10 OR ? Quick Install with Talk/Text/Data/SMS/MMS..

This post is basically an accumulation of files to get a Pre-Flashed to Cricket phone working with all features. I am posting all files or references that I used a couple hours ago. This is the exact install method that I did and got everything working with Cricket. I know this is a crappy tutorial but with so many people having problems, I hope this will at least help some one..

The Included MMS Fix (below) supports an ICS or JB ROM (ie CM9, CM10, MIUIv4, AOKP, PA1.5/1.99, etc) released on the Epic. So hopefully, installing any rom as I have mentioned below will work.

First and Foremost.. You must already be flashed to Cricket.. Or at least have your phone setup following chrisngrod's tutorial for qpst and cdma workshop and have the nv_items from whiterabbit finished.

Basically, If you are already flashed to cricket with talk/text (sms) but having issues with data and mms.. This is for you.. (** This uses CM10 Beta 2 **)

**** If you are on a Rom using FK23 Modem, you will need to change to an ICS/JB Modem before following this guide, otherwise u won't have Data.. If you have Wifi, a PC or know what you are doing, you should be fine then.. ****

I use Cricket 49016 and Sprint 60683 - wiseoldman PRL and FI22 Modem since speeds are fast and GPS is pretty accurate. Get both here if needed,
    Downloads - spaz-a-droid - Google Project Hosting

or lots of modems,
    Rwilco12's Android Repository

1. Lets get started... First, You need to flash a cwm safe recovery..

Download Epic4GTouch/kernel/AOSP/41g-wtf2-0821.zip at DownloadAndroidROM.com

If you already have CWM or Agat, you should be able to install the from recovery.. I was on fk23 with agat's repack and it worked fine..

2. Download and Flash CM10 Beta 2, and google apps..

CyanogenMod 10 Beta 2: Android 4.1.2 for the Epic 4G Touch - xda-developers

(*** If you want to update to a newer nightly, Install the CMupdate.apk from the link above, then update to the latest nightly before going any further.. ***)

Once you have CM10 Beta 2 or one of the nightlies + Gapps, You will need to flash the ICS/JB MMS fix found here,

Cricket ICS and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

The MMS fix includes the data mod along with the custom eri.xml and apns_conf.. Once this is flashed, your phone will show Cricket, Data and MMS should be working. Currently, the MMS fix includes the $45 Plan APN and the $50 smart plan APN that I'm on and using.

To set your plan, use Apex or Nova Launcher.. shortcuts -> activities -> settings -> apns..

That should be it.. It's just a matter of installing the Rom, Gapps, and then the MMS fix which sets up everything else.. By this point, you should have data and be able to send MMS without making any other changes.

Hope this helps someone, I will try to help with issues the best I can..
    Chris

BTW: The little popup box in the screenshot is SMS Notification (free) from playstore and the Weather Widget is World Weather Clock Widget, also from playstore.. I use Nova Launcher and york's White ADW theme (also free from playstore) for the icons on the dock, and the background / wallpaper is from google, (image search for android) and it's on page 2..

screenshot_2013-01-13-18-08-38.png screenshot_2013-01-13-18-42-26.png screenshot_2013-01-13-22-24-09.png screenshot_2013-01-13-17-22-09.png screenshot_2013-01-13-17-21-29.png screenshot_2013-01-13-19-35-54.png

Last edited by cbunting99; 01-13-2013 at 11:35 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Along with Talk/Text/MMS on CM10.. The same setup works for the new CM 10.1 / JB 4.2.1 Rom.. (Again, you must already be flashed to cricket, qpst and cdma workshop + whiterabbit nv_items already!)

You can get the latest rom, CyanogenMod 10.1 - WILD FOR THE NIGHT and gapps here,

[ROM] CyanogenMod 10.1 - WILD FOR THE NIGHT - Jan. 16, 2013 - xda-developers

You can get the ICS/JB MMS Fix Here,

Cricket GB, ICS, and JB Fix for Samsung Epic 4G (MMS Working) - xda-developers

The modem i am using is FI27 and can be found here.. (Flash modem first if running FK23)

Rwilco12's Android Repository

Again, Flash Rom, Gapps and MMS Fix..

You have have talk/text/data and MMS..

Chris

screenshot_2013-01-18-00-05-13.png screenshot_2013-01-18-00-14-32.png screenshot_2013-01-18-00-05-50.png

Thread Information