Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flashing Status

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Flashing Status

We've got talk, text, and Internet on the Android plan with no major problems.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

I don't know how active this forum is for the D-710 however, text/talk and web work, however, the WEB...it's soooo slow. I can be in a corp store with a repeater for reference and I get 200+ ping no matter what PRL I use. It's like I am roaming with this phone no matter where I am at.

When I get good 3G signal, I get about 3-500 bit per second however, when I get into bad coverage, it drops 3G constantly and the speeds like like no more the 70 bits per second, un heard of slowness LOL.

The speed test goes up to 1.2 then goes right back down to 3-500 when testing it with the speedtest app.

I guess my question is what kind of speeds did you get/getting and are you having the same issues as I am? I've messed with all types of settings in QPST and CDMA....I get the same results.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Are you using a proxy or not? Go test 3G on a Sprint phone in your area and see what the results are for comparison.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

The speeds are day and night. The phone was on Sprint just before flashing it over to Cricket. I don't believe I am using a proxy but where would I check? Where I change the ha adress in qpst?

The speeds are acting is if I was on a proxy or going through another port before connecting to full 3G speeds. But like I said, I don't think i enabled or set proxy settings.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

If you don't remember enabling a proxy then you haven't.

Is this a new Cricket account on the Android have you been using another phone? I'm trying to figure out if you've been capped for going over on data.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

no no, new account, $55 Android plan, etc... I actually talked to some other local flashers and they all report really spotty 3G speeds after a full flash with the SII. Something to do with the 3G antenna and Cricket's network, how ironic since Cricket roams off Sprint's towers.

As of now there is no real fix for it, I just didn't know if this issue is known about yet as this device would have no reason to leave Sprint's network lol.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

knewsom32 has the Epic fail... I mean 4G Touch :-).

What modem are you on?

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...-4g-touch.html

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    knewsom32 has the Epic fail... I mean 4G Touch :-).

What modem are you on?

http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...-4g-touch.html
    This phone eats all other smartphone's for b-fast lol. I can pull the battery out of my phone at least LoL

I am using the Starburst ROM. But I have several D710s, stock or rommed,I tried this flash with before I posted, all the same results.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Not really.... It has had loss of signal problems up till the ek02 modem release. We got the phone the first day it came out. Check the link and figure out what modem you are on. Our Speed Test wasn't stellar, but I'd definitely upgrade it to the latest modem.

Processor wise it's pretty good and the screen is great. They just didn't perfect it before the release. Wouldn't be surprised if the camera is better than the new Nexus which could have been a better phone in general in my opinion.

Not being able to pull the battery out on the RAZR sucks, but I have external batteries and chargers everywhere. Plus it'll only be my main phone for a few months. Running the forum has its perks. Demands you stay on top of things.

Time to board a plane and go back home. Later.

WoW, just WoW. Sometimes, over looking the smallest things fixes the hardest lol. Amazing speeds, while in store, I hit 1.5 (just once lol) on Cricket's 3G thanks to updated to the Ek02 modem! I must say, updated the modem is a must if this phone is flashed to Cricket.

Personally, I never had the LOS with my phone so I can't speak for people who have.

Thanks for the help!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Awesome... glad to hear it's working better.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

after reading this place, and bruched up on some modem knowledge, im in the chicago ttriban area (i think) and i've gotten spotty coverage, and i have tried the EL26,EK02,EL13, AND EL29, would you say that its just the area, being the tri-ban or is it just me.
    all these modems got me bearly in the 100 range, exept the EL29 which got me bearly 200

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Are you talking about your signal strength in -db? You want it to be lower... ie -79dBm is better than -100dBm...

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

oh, if you mean in db, i wouldnt know let me check that out. (i never understood that db signal status thing)
    but i was talking about the "speed test app" runs

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy SII

I've check it out and im getting like -60 thrugh -20 on the El26 and EL29,
    do u know any suggestions that i may be able to try attemp in getting more signal?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information