Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

How to Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch

We are just reposting this information for our users. We didn't play any part in the creation and all thanks should go to the developers. Out of respect for them, the download links have been removed and replaced by the link to their thread. This will also help everyone keep up to date on any revisions that may appear.

I will try to repost updated information since I am waiting to root our Epic Touch in order to get the phone working on the 45 dollar plan.

ZEDOMAX posted this on XDA-developers

--Start--

[GUIDE]Epic 4G Touch Root![9/18/2011][ROOT][ZEDOMAX][ACS]

Here's how to root your Epic 4G Touch:

Video Tutorial:

So, I finally got everything working today 3G/4G/Voice/Hauptic/Wifi, we have full root for the Epic 4G Touch!

Huge thanks to users ShabbyPenquin and Tanimn at ACS, I wouldn't have gotten this working without them.

*Note - This rooted kernel is still experimental, we are not responsible for anything that happens to your phone!

Here's how to root Epic 4G Touch:

Download rooting files here and unzip:

Download epic4gtouchrootv1.zip

Put your Epic 4G into download mode by holding down Power button and Volume down buttton, when you see an option screen, let go of both buttons then hit Volume up button.

You should now be in download mode, connect your USB cable from Epic 4G Touch to a Windows computer. (Sorry ODIN uses Windows only...)

Make sure you have Samsung Kies installed, it will install the proper drivers,

Download kies off samsung site here:

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mo...OFTWARE.MANUAL

Open up odin3 v1.85.exe, click on "PDA", then select "SPH-D710_Zedomax_Kernel.tar" and hit Start.

Your phone should reboot and voila, your phone should be rooted with SuperUser app.

Want to thank me?

Don't forget to check out my new site
    http://epic4gtouchroot.com

subscribe to my email list

, and
    subscribe to my YouTube channel

!!!

For donations, donate to these guys instead of me: ShabbyPenquin and Tanimn at ACS/XDA

See irc channel
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=epic-touch4g

GOT ROOT!

NOTE: I will be posting full step-by-step instructions on how to compile your kernel and what I've learned, this is my first root! Still can't believe it.

OMG, ACS invited me to be a member of their team, I am so HONORED!!! THANKS EVERYONE!!!

--End--

Last edited by knewsom32; 09-19-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

How does one UN-Root to original factory settings? The signal quality for Sprint is a FLIPPIN JOKE!!! Unlimited data my ass. I am going back to T-Mobile at least I had a better signal and don't remember getting throttled too often. Thanks for any help! I need to do this soon as my window to opt out ends on Tuesday.

I rooted the phone correct I think but now the wifi doesnt work help please.

My access to wifi is also not working. Your attention to this area would be greatly appreciated. It neither senses nor connects to SSID in my home wireless.
    Thanks for your help.

My phone is a brand new Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch and infected with Sprint! I want to be unlocked and use Telus. Your suggestions and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by RICMS; 01-16-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: additional possibly relevent information

Thread Information