Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You can't get them to send to email? Most phones have a MMS to Email gateway (non flashed phone at least). Should work. I know this is not optimal but just so that you don't miss out.

Another long shot, but do you ever drive up to Austin? I jump sometimes into Camp Bullis and actually got my RAZR MAXX a couple of weeks ago from San Antonio Craigslist.

What PRL are you on (settings > about > check those screens)? I know I have had various problems with some PRLs while traveling to and from SA.

Do you have any friends with Cricket that might be able to tell you their experiences as far as calls? This phone did have MANY radio updates. It was dropping calls so bad that knewsom (mod) got extremely upset.

Here is a thread I started about radios: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...-4g-touch.html

Cricket does have limits on picture size in my experience. I have a change of command ceremony early in the morning and we have to test out two trucks so I can't look everything up at the moment.

Test trying to send the smallest size pic the camera can take and receiving a small pic (you can e-mail your phone a pic at phonenumber@mms.mycricket.com).

Disabling notifications (so that you don't get double notifications... one from the stock app and one from the universal MMS) is as easy as going into the stock applications, hitting the menu button > settings and unchecking the notifications. To minimize the chance of error, I'd always use the universal especially because it seems to be a priority for you.

Let me know your thoughts please.

EDIT: This post on XDA contains the newest radios (
    [Modem] [Odin] FE16! FE14, FE10, FE07, FD26, FD24, FD19, FC15, EL29, EL26, EG30, EK02 - xda-developers

).

This might be more complicated to do for a novice user.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-18-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You can't get them to send to email? Most phones have a MMS to Email gateway (non flashed phone at least). Should work. I know this is not optimal but just so that you don't miss out.

Another long shot, but do you ever drive up to Austin? I jump sometimes into Camp Bullis and actually got my RAZR MAXX a couple of weeks ago from San Antonio Craigslist.

What PRL are you on (settings > about > check those screens)? I know I have had various problems with some PRLs while traveling to and from SA.

Do you have any friends with Cricket that might be able to tell you their experiences as far as calls? This phone did have MANY radio updates. It was dropping calls so bad that knewsom (mod) got extremely upset.

Here is a thread I started about radios: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-s...-4g-touch.html

Cricket does have limits on picture size in my experience. I have a change of command ceremony early in the morning and we have to test out two trucks so I can't look everything up at the moment.

Test trying to send the smallest size pic the camera can take and receiving a small pic (you can e-mail your phone a pic at phonenumber@mms.mycricket.com).

Disabling notifications (so that you don't get double notifications... one from the stock app and one from the universal MMS) is as easy as going into the stock applications, hitting the menu button > settings and unchecking the notifications. To minimize the chance of error, I'd always use the universal especially because it seems to be a priority for you.

Let me know your thoughts please.

EDIT: This post on XDA contains the newest radios (
    [Modem] [Odin] FE16! FE14, FE10, FE07, FD26, FD24, FD19, FC15, EL29, EL26, EG30, EK02 - xda-developers

).

This might be more complicated to do for a novice user.

Good idea about the MMS to Email gateway ...I know I don't get notified of incoming mail on AOL which I have been using since day 1 seems like lol ...I am thinking GMAIL might be the best for that. Am I correct.

No I don't ever go to Austin...might thou sometime soon thou. My nephew will be graduating from A&M soon! #ProudAunt

I am sorry I am really upset & I felt like she was calling me a liar & that upset me too. Hard to communicate when you feel like they don't believe you. I do appreciate all the time & trouble you are investing. Like I said I just want a phone that works 100%.

My PRL is 35613 ...Glad to know I am not the only having dropped calls. I have tons! And I have been at times about ready to throw my phone thru the wall lol - thanks for the thread about it ..I will check it out. Would this apply to me not getting calls due to my phone not ringing but having voicemails where people did call? And while I'm thinking about it is there a way to have my phone notify me when I get voicemail? I have to constantly check it.

Yes I do have some neighbors who have cricket I can check with them about any dropped & missed calls & get back to you on that.

Also thank You for explaining the difficulty in flashing my phone. I was not aware of that. All I knew was mine is not working & she never explained that to me.

Last edited by MyrieLo; 05-18-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

This is probably the last reply I can do tonight...

Good idea about the MMS to Email gateway ...I know I don't get notified of incoming mail on AOL which I have been using since day 1 seems like lol ...I am thinking GMAIL might be the best for that. Am I correct.

What are you check your AOL mail with? Gmail has great push mail for Android devices (notifications are pushed down without the phone having to poll the servers so often and take up additional battery life... my understanding at least).

No I don't ever go to Austin...might thou sometime soon thou. My nephew will be graduating from A&M soon! #ProudAunt

Hash tag I'm sorry about the Aggie <--- You're doing it wrong! J/J

I am sorry I am really upset & I felt like she was calling me a liar & that upset me too. Hard to communicate when you feel like they don't believe you. I do appreciate all the time & trouble you are investing. Like I said I just want a phone that works 100%.

Had to have been a break down in communication. I'm sure I've known her less than a year, and I know she goes to the ends of the world for people. Perhaps it was a busy time and/or there was a break down in communication for one reason or the other. I have 376 unanswered PMs currently.

I really forgot about the radio issues, but this phone had some major ones. When was the last time it received a system update from Sprint? You can check and give us all the version numbers for stuff under settings > about phone (or close to that area).

My PRL is 35613 ...Glad to know I am not the only having dropped calls. I have tons! And I have been at times about ready to throw my phone thru the wall lol - thanks for the thread about it ..I will check it out. Would this apply to me not getting calls due to my phone not ringing but having voicemails where people did call? And while I'm thinking about it is there a way to have my phone notify me when I get voicemail? I have to constantly check it.

That might be the latest OTA for your area. My Mercury is pulling 45713 or close to that from today. Voicemail notification... Off the top of my head try this: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...-download.html

I think a very experienced flasher made a note of why this didn't work. My eyes are almost welded shut at this point though. I'll try to remember to look for that at some point.

Also there is a Google Voice tutorial I made for great visual voicemail (and a second number for all those weirdos you don't want to have your real number) --> http://www.cricketusers.com/content/...-tutorial.html

Yes I do have some neighbors who have cricket I can check with them about any dropped & missed calls & get back to you on that.

Also thank You for explaining the difficulty in flashing my phone. I was not aware of that. All I knew was mine is not working & she never explained that to me.

Sometimes it's really hard to explain as you see I've typed a little bit. I really would like to get back to replying to more messages and in detail. I use to reply to every post when this forum started, but it's grown... Just a little.

Page Loads Visitors Unique Visitors Return Visitors
    Sunday 10th April 2011 530 193 176 17

Thursday 17th May 2012 13,228 3,799 2,962 837
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thanks again...I do appreciate all the time you took & all the info you passed along.
    I am going to do some research on my phone now & check out all the info you gave me.

Have a good evening :0)

Wrecked Johnson

All of the MMS apks have this duplicate issue, I prefer to do stock over an additional app but sometimes its all your left with and also sometimes if your busy then its an easy way out MyrieLo. Even though it errors it should still work somewhat, if someone ever dumps their phone and sends me the file system or uploads it then I can probably get your stock MMS to work and no more extra apps needed

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

There have been CM mms fixes and another one posted I believe.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

I'm in San Antonio, and *22804 loaded PRL 45465. I've seen on my phone in the past, when messing with MMS on Ice Cream Sandwich, that if the settings aren't right, I wouldn't get the MMS or any notification.

I might be able to look at it for her sometime if she doesn't have any luck getting it going. I can't guarantee anything, but I've had good luck with my wife's and my phones. I'm a nice guy, and not a professional flasher so I wouldn't charge anything - Just don't get mad at me if I can't get it going! LOL I'm in Universal City, so I would hope she could pick a closer spot to meet since it looks like she's across town.

Also, if the person flashing the phone used MrAAB's universal MMS, has he had a chance to troubleshoot the issue?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

IF there are radio issues, it might be impossible to establish a stable data connection that will provide a good means of transporting MMS. I think I asked somewhere to please let us know all the version numbers present by going to settings > about > one of those menus.

I count 12 modem/radio revisions.

Overall activity: 2.0%

My galaxy s2 is flashed from sprint to cricket but my picture message does not work is there anyway I can go into the data settings to fix it i do know my msl

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

MMS is much harder because it's not a simple setting in QPST/CDMA Workshop.

Read through the section for your device, and you'll see suggested methods.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

The water is warm here: http://www.cricketusers.com/cricket-...service-s.html

Feel free to jump in.

The Apps for MMS

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Hi!
    I replied to your email today. Check it out. Both apps are guaranteed to give you mms. Sorry, that you are having problems.
    Hi! I would really appreciate if anyone could offer me assistance. I have flashed my samsung gs2 to cricket and yes I am fully inclined to do these things accurately and I have also had cricket reflash my phone and still unable to use the internet or facebook app or my bank app .. basically anything that requires internet unless I have wifi on when I am home..Also if anyone can give me any advise on getting mms to work I would appreciate that too.. otherwise everything works great... I currently use handcent because I was told that I had to use an external mms app. any assistance is greatly appreciated.. please email me at taneking9269@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!

Phone
    Droid Incredible

Is there a fix for this MMS issue???

Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

There is no issue. Tutorials and files and threads are here and other Samsung sections that outline how to do it. It's not even secret or vaguely written to protect paid 'solutions'... No need for cryptic "the water is warm here" posts, it's all there! I keep thinking that the next time I flash a new rom on my phone, I'll record it so everyone can see how easy it is. If you flash your phone correctly, have a good PRL for your area and a good APN, then the hard part is done. I have experienced certain radios that don't play nice with some phones... If you have crappy data or other wireless related problems, that might be worth looking into as well.

I have personally written a tutorial and shared my own modified files that make it easy to get MMS, and someone reposted it here or in the Galaxy S3 section (They are exactly the same process)

Customer Since
    Feb 1997
    Phone
    Sprint Epic 4G

Epic 4g Touch

I have Sprint Epic 4G Touch (Samsung Galaxy S2) that I took to a Cricket Authorized store to have flashed. . . after a few weeks of threatening to sue, i finally got it back. To make a long story short, mms has been hit and miss from day 1 and now totally nonworking. everything else work fine. PRL is 35557. . . any suggestions or comments welcome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information