Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Need help please. Very slow 3G data speeds!

Hello CricketUsers! After weeks of attempting to resolve this issue myself, I am finally at a loss for what to do. No matter what I try, I can't seem to improve my 3G data speeds (which were fine up until a few weeks ago). Here are my specs:

Phone: Samsung SPH-D710 Galaxy S2 Epic 4G (rooted & flashed to cricket)
    ROM: Cyanogenmod 10.1 (Currently "Wild For The Night" 2013-04-08 Nightly)
    Modem: FL24
    PRL: 45513
    Plan: $45 plan

And my speed test results:

Ping: 163ms
    Download: 96kpbs
    Upload: 92kpbs

I have tried many different PRL's and modems, performed factory resets, and done everything else that I could think of, but the speed test results stay the same. My data usage has not gone over 0.1GB for the past few months, so I don't believe this is a throttling issue, but I could be wrong. I have searched the web for days, and have not been able to find a similar experience, so I'm hoping that you guys can help to point me in the right direction. I will post more info if necessary. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Check on the cricket website to see if you're within range of home coverage. I looked on the map and part shows home coverage and the other part shows partner coverage. You might be in partner coverage, hence the reason for the slow internet.

Also, check your settings in QPST to make sure everything is correct.

Just checked the coverage map, and I am in range of home coverage. I don't think that it's a coverage issue, because my 3G speeds were fine in my location about a month ago.

For some reason, I haven't been able to connect to QPST in the past 24 hours. I'm not sure what I did, but QPST recognizes the correct COM port that my phone is connected to, but shows "No Phone" for the status. I will see what I can do to get QPST working again and report back. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Just in case anybody else experiences this issue, my solution was to switch back to the $50 Smart Phone plan. I would be interested to hear if anybody was able to get a good 3G connection on the $45 plan with this phone.
    Last edited by wordsfailme; 04-25-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Thread Information