Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Troubles on Flashed Rooted Epic 4g Touch

Well I had a coworker of mine tried to root my flashed Epic 4g Touch. Needless to say he didn't really know what he was doing, at least on not on my phone(he flashed his galaxy Nexus). So my boot animation isn't showing, and i'm getting a yellow traingle upon booting up. Not only that , but my wifi is not working as well. and i'm getting a few service issues.

Is there a way to un-root my phone. I just want it back to stock, it was fine the way it was. He said when the official ics update comes out I can just update my phone and that would automatically unroot it. He says since he's never rooted/unrooted a flashed cricket phone, that when you unroot it back to stock I might have to reflash it to cricket. Is this correct? this would suck terribly as I don't really want to pay again to have it done.

PLz Help

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

The yellow triangle at boot is normal when you flash a custom non-samsung rom, kernel or modem. From what it sounds like, your friend must have flashed on of the rooting kernels for the phone, probably the LostKernel. Which is an older kernel, but will still work to get you rooted and have CWM as your custom recovery.

What you want to do is flash the EL26 or el29 kernel and the official ek02 modem found
    here

after flashing the root kernel.

The only way to unroot is to flash a stock pulled .tar file through ODIN.

If you do flash back to stock with ODIN, you will lose the Cricket flash.

If all this sounds like mumbo jumbo, you will need to do LOTS of reading in the wiki, good luck.

Last edited by jwill503; 01-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Thread Information