Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Web on cm9?

Overall activity: 0%

Web on cm9?

Is there a way to get the web to work on cm9? I've tried many things to get it to work but with no results. Any help on this would be very appreciated.

2. Remove this advertisement.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Cool 3g CM9 YES!

Quote Originally Posted by WARpig5 View Post
    Is there a way to get the web to work on cm9? I've tried many things to get it to work but with no results. Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Found the fix was pull the files from system/ect/ppp/ on a rom that is working on 3g. I pulled mine from the epic 4 CM9 Cricket RC1 ROM, as I had that on my SD card, even though it is a ROM from a different device, these files worked to get 3g on again. I assume you could pull these from most any droid. Anyway, I used Root explorer, extracted the files and copied them to system/ect/ppp. the files: chap-secrets, ip-up, ip-down, ip-up-vpn, pap-secrets need to be present in the ppp folder. Don't copy the the options file if you have it. chap and pap files are said to be the files needed. I almost got MMS now too. I will likely make a eri.xml edited framworkres.apk to get rid of the last Sprint branding in this ROM. Let me know if this works for you.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Bravo nice find will be trying on my phone

I put this fix to work on two other cm9 based roms. ParinoidAndroid 1.5, 1.6 and it worked perfect. After build.prop edits and apns I had outbound mms, and vm notifications! Not sure what the issue was in getting mms inbound, it only worked when it wanted to. Maybe cm9 rc1 will have better frameworkres.apk and we can have better options for mms settings. The mms app looks to framework for any provisioning... I think that is how its set up. Wap.push and smspush decide how to handle the data and if the mms app doesn't talk with them correctly then you get failed sending, inconsistent recieving, or other issues. This starts with how frameworkres handles your mms app. The universal mms seems to have no need for framework to direct its activity, but only with mms. Sms isn't connecting to framework/smspush to allow the sms to pass into universal cricket mms. Thats why the solution for mms on our device thus far has been to apps. And I keep looking and looking for a way to fix it, and so I will have to become a dev.

Back when I had a blackberry storm, the only mms fix was a paid solution. I learned how to build my own servicebooks. I posted what I found on how to make the servicebooks on hf, little did I know, the modderator of their blackberry section was the one selling the solution. My books got pulled, posts deleted, tutorial erased. I quit using that site. I been watching this site since open, and it is a community I like. As I get ready to do some work for e4gt, I am opening an invitation to folks here to work with me, help, teach, and gain from what is found. If you know anything about android building, lets start making some goodie for this device.
    Last edited by daxxone; 07-21-2012 at 10:41 PM.

You are a genius man, it worked for me 10/10

thanks

Click the reputaion button for me thanks.

Phone
    Galaxy S2 E4GT

Quote Originally Posted by daxxone View Post
    Found the fix was pull the files from system/ect/ppp/ on a rom that is working on 3g. I pulled mine from the epic 4 CM9 Cricket RC1 ROM, as I had that on my SD card, even though it is a ROM from a different device, these files worked to get 3g on again. I assume you could pull these from most any droid. Anyway, I used Root explorer, extracted the files and copied them to system/ect/ppp. the files: chap-secrets, ip-up, ip-down, ip-up-vpn, pap-secrets need to be present in the ppp folder. Don't copy the the options file if you have it. chap and pap files are said to be the files needed. I almost got MMS now too. I will likely make a eri.xml edited framworkres.apk to get rid of the last Sprint branding in this ROM. Let me know if this works for you.
    Wow thanks for this! It worked like a charm!!

Edit: It seems like I'm only getting 1X and I didn't see the ip-down file. Do you mind posting all of the files you used?
    Last edited by fredrick1213; 07-22-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

+1 ^^ if you could share we would be grateful, I'm currently running Touched by a S3 v2.2 and my girlfriend has Calkulin's el29 web & everything else is fine just mms is the last obstacle

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Flash this from recovery and you're good to go.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Alternative Carrier Fix

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

That's for data on AOSP/CM7/CM9/MIUI...

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket Droid View Post
    +1 ^^ if you could share we would be grateful, I'm currently running Touched by a S3 v2.2 and my girlfriend has Calkulin's el29 web & everything else is fine just mms is the last obstacle

On the Touched By An SG3 rom, I have the $55 plan, and all I had to do was use either HiAPN or APN Backup and Restore to change the APN's. HiAPN is buggy as hell, but it will convert itself to a system app to be able to change the APNs on ICS. I like APN backup and restore better, but you have to make it a system app manually. No big deal. Then use my ICS MMS.apk that I modified and that was it. The MMS.apk might not be necessary, but it worked for me. If you PM me your email, I'll send you my apn file and MMS.apk.

Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

Sent you a pm Clerk, thanks bro

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Here guys... I am not going to guarantee results for anyone, but this worked for me. The APN file is for the $55 Android plan. I have another from when I had the $45 plan if anyone needs it. The MMS.apk is an ICS MMS that I made a couple of changes to. It goes in /system/app/ and permissions get changed to match the other apps in there.

Cricket ICS MMS.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Rumor has it that you don't need to change the MMS.apk in CM9, but I can't say for sure.

Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

Thanks Clerk, that did the trick bro.
    Sends the pic twice but that's cricket for ya lol, got to give you some Rep points on the main site later

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1343692454939.jpg  

Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by theclerk74 View Post
    Here guys... I am not going to guarantee results for anyone, but this worked for me. The APN file is for the $55 Android plan. I have another from when I had the $45 plan if anyone needs it. The MMS.apk is an ICS MMS that I made a couple of changes to. It goes in /system/app/ and permissions get changed to match the other apps in there.

Cricket ICS MMS.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Rumor has it that you don't need to change the MMS.apk in CM9, but I can't say for sure.
    Thank you so much, Clerk... worked like a charm AND retained the ICS look. Much props

Hmm tryed this too i still get forced close on mms. Can't get it to allow me to open mms program at all. And i don't know how to apply the apn on 4.0.4

Customer Since
    Nov 2011
    Phone
    LG G2

accord grab HiAPN Global off the Play Store and restore using that. Once you install the app, start it and it will say something about not being able to write apns, and ask to make itself a system app. Select yes and then reboot the phone. After all is said and done, put apnlist_backup.xml in a subfolder on your SD Card:

HiDroid_Net/HiAPN

Start up HiAPN, click Restore APNs, clean the original settings, reboot your phone and enjoy.

Push comes to shove, PM me and I will walk you through the entire process as well as show you how to make a new APN setting the manual way. Process is pretty much the same across phones once you get the rom installed.

1.3GHz CM9 Motorola Droid X
    Last edited by Stephen Proffitt; 08-13-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information