Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Web on cm9?

Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    Hmm tryed this too i still get forced close on mms. Can't get it to allow me to open mms program at all. And i don't know how to apply the apn on 4.0.4
    I might be wrong, but it sounds like permissions aren't getting set correctly when you're moving the apk over to /system/app. And only system apps are able to make APNs stick on ICS.

Have you tried installing the apk normally, then converting it to a system app afterward? I use Titanium Backup Pro, but Link2SD is free and will do it too, although I don't use any of the actual "link" utilities the app is really used for.

I followed these steps and (finally!) have a fully-functioning phone, running AOKP with working in/out mms too. Hope this helps

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Proffitt View Post
    accord grab HiAPN Global off the Play Store and restore using that. Once you install the app, start it and it will say something about not being able to write apns, and ask to make itself a system app. Select yes and then reboot the phone. After all is said and done, put apnlist_backup.xml in a subfolder on your SD Card:

HiDroid_Net/HiAPN

Start up HiAPN, click Restore APNs, clean the original settings, reboot your phone and enjoy.

Push comes to shove, PM me and I will walk you through the entire process as well as show you how to make a new APN setting the manual way. Process is pretty much the same across phones once you get the rom installed.

1.3GHz CM9 Motorola Droid X
    maybe thats the issue im on stock ota 4.0.4 ics on my E4gt. Also i know how to change apn using any cut but if i try to change the MNC to 004 it erases the whole apn.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Surj138 View Post
    I might be wrong, but it sounds like permissions aren't getting set correctly when you're moving the apk over to /system/app. And only system apps are able to make APNs stick on ICS.

Have you tried installing the apk normally, then converting it to a system app afterward? I use Titanium Backup Pro, but Link2SD is free and will do it too, although I don't use any of the actual "link" utilities the app is really used for.

I followed these steps and (finally!) have a fully-functioning phone, running AOKP with working in/out mms too. Hope this helps
    so after about 12 times of doing the exact same thing over and over i got the mms app to open now i just need to get the apn to stick

well im getting 2 mms incoming at a time

264910_10151043388752833_1377105383_n.jpg

and no i dont care about my number showing

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

I've found that it's much easier to make mms work on aosp roms. TouchWiz based roms are a little wonkier and harder to make settings stick, at least in my short experience with this phone.

i hate touchwiz but have had issues in the past with3rd party roms not working on previous phones. I mean they work but theres always somethign thats all wierd and i hated that. With these OTA roms i just have never got mms working.

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

I don't get double pics or notifications

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1344885166069.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Surj138 View Post
    I don't get double pics or notifications

i'll have to fiddle with things and see what i can fix
    Last edited by accordman; 08-14-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Ugh now my mms works correct but no incoming normal txt

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    Ugh now my mms works correct but no incoming normal txt

Ha that's the beauty of Android in general... fix one thing and break another :banghead:

How'd you get it to work on TW, by the way?

Last edited by Surj138; 08-14-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Used the apk linked in this thread and changed permissions. Took like 12 times for it to stick but somehow i screwed it up. Evenings working ATM but i hate it being 2 apps. Stock and done cricket mms one i got somewhere. Mraab did contact me to help me since we are local but I'm always busy.

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

It's working flawlessly for me on ics tw based ROM. Here's exactly what i did. You'll need the ics mms and apn file from post #11

1. Used ROM toolbox free to convert APN backup and restore to system app. Opened APN backup restore, hit menu key, selected "Skip ics check" (or something like that)
    2. Reboot
    3. Opened APN backup restore and deleted all APNs (not backups!)
    4. Restore APN file from link in post #11
    5. Used Root Explorer to rename stock messaging app from Mms.apk to Mms.apk.bak
    6. Copied modified ics mms app from post #11 to /system/app (i made sure it was named exactly Mms.apk)
    uploadfromtaptalk1345010562145.jpg

7. Set permissions
    uploadfromtaptalk1345010603906.jpg

8. Reboot into recovery and wipe /cache and dalvik, then fix permissions (again lol)

Maybe some of that was overkill but that's what i did and it's working fine so far with no double notifications/messages either, at least in my self tests
    uploadfromtaptalk1345010948334.jpg

EDIT : i just realized I'm not getting text messages... Dammit!

Last edited by Surj138; 08-15-2012 at 02:06 AM.

yea exactly what mine was doing

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Damn Touch Wiz lol. As much as I'd like to get it working, I guess I'll be going back to AOSP... picture mail worked for me using Clerk's method in this thread with CM9, AOKP, and even MIUI. Have you tried any of the new builds from xda or even androidcentral? They've fixed most issues and become a lot more stable recently. It's nice having a fully-functional ROM, unlike cricket-flashed TouchWiz that borks your voicemail, picture mail, and comes loaded with bloat and Sprint crap.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Seems like for me, replacing apns-conf.xml in System/Etc with the apn.xml file you're using (Of course renaming it and checking the permissions) then going and deleting telephony.db from /data/data/com.android.providors/telephony/databases and rebooting the phone helps with Touchwiz MMS. I didn't have to do it on AOSP roms, but you know, whatever... LOL

accordman, dude, you shouldn't have two MMS.apks. The MMS.apk that I linked doesn't get installed, just move it over to system/app, fix the permissions and make sure to delete the original MMS.apk.

As far as getting APN Backup and Restore to convert to a system app, Surj138 is right on with his method. I don't have the paid version of ROM Toolbox, so I do it the hard way and convert it myself... Anyway, going through the hassle of being able to use APN Backup and Restore is worth it. I have personally never had luck setting the APNs manually. I know others have, but I guess I'm a loser and I'm okay with that.

accordman, one of these days, try and hit me up on Gtalk (theclerk74@gmail.com)... If I'm not too busy, I would be happy to go over the steps with you to try and get it going the right way...

Also Surj138, I remember having the same problem with receiving double MMS too. Don't think I ever figured that out, because I never had good luck running a Touchwiz ICS rom with my old SG2. AOSP FTW!

I only have 2 apps atm because that's the only way its working

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information