Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Working on MMS for FK23

Hello All,
    I had tried various roms but honestly, the latest FK23 Leak (
    [jb][odin][tar]sph-d710 fk23 (RUMOR OTA)

) when cleaned up, removing all sprint bloat has been the fastest and best rom I've found. One cool thing is that when flashed to Cricket, Sprint Hotspot works without any changes.

Anyway, I've read that Sprint's MMS uses the 4G Wimax for sending/Recieving MMS messages. So as of now, this is the only part that I still have to figure out.

So far, All notifications are working and getting the mms messages, Auto-retrieve has to be off but the only issue now is getting the pic to download.. SMS works perfect!

I know MMS is what everyone is having trouble with so I'm gonna keep working on this and will update if I figure this out!

Chris

screenshot_2013-01-12-15-18-27.pngscreenshot_2013-01-12-15-38-37.pngscreenshot_2013-01-12-15-38-45.pngscreenshot_2013-01-12-15-39-07.png

Last edited by cbunting99; 01-12-2013 at 03:02 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2010

Hi bud, have you made any progress here? The usual fixes (link below) i was using aren't working for me on GB27 (stock rooted). I haven't tried flashing the zip in recovery (yet) as i usually just move the files and set permissions with root explorer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25991448

Using the zip in the link above, I've been able to get working mms on cm9, 10, 10.1 and all of the ROMs based on them. It also works with ICS TW (FI27, FL24, etc...) provided you also install Go SMS or Handcent (or you won't receive SMS).

This jellybean TW has been a tough but to crack though...

Edit: By the way, I'm trying to avoid having to use Go. I'm gonna see if i can get an Mms.apk pulled from a cricket GS3 user... and hey cool, eri.xml in /data works for changing carrier name! Didn't work on ICS TW

Trolling from my Cricket-flashed Galaxy S2 E4GT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Surj138; 04-02-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Thread Information