Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Unhappy Can't get broadband plug in AC3781 to connect.

Windows Vista six year old Gateway laptop with self contained wireless runs fine. We had Verizon broadband on my desktop while the wifes laptop picked up the signal no problem some 50 feet away going thru walls, etc. I never installed anything for wireless on her laptop, it just reached out and connected whenever she wanted. OK, I had Belkin device plugged in my desktop and the Verizon hot spot looks like Crickets
    router or whatever you call it. Cricket folks told me if I didn't want more than one 'puter with wireless internet all I needed was the AC3781 plug in, which is true, works like a charm on the desktop. I asked this specific question: If my wife wants internet on her laptop can I take the plug in out of my desktop and put it in her laptop and get on the web? The reply was yes, but to my chagrin that did not hold true. It did install the software on the laptop becasue I found the folder and looked and the installation instructions, Boxes popped up like the should and I did my part but for the life of me I can not get the laptop to connect to the web.

I tried manual installation, found all the numbers needed but I do not have the activation code. Fifteen years ago I took up building 'puters for a hobby and I'm pretty good with hardware & software but this one has me skunked and I sho' would 'preciate some advice.

I wanted to do the usual drill when software doesn't work, uninstall then reinstall, but can't get it uninstalled because it says it is in use and I can't find how to shut it down so I can uninstall it. Oh woe is me, oh woe is me. Puzzling becasue it worked so well on the desktop with not nearly a glitch where the laptop had me in it for about three hours this morning. Feel like throwing up my hands and running screaming out the door. AARRGGHH! OK, OK, if I have to buy a router no problem 'cause a hunnert bucks ain't gonna' send us to the po' house. RSVP and thanks much.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Quote Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
    If my wife wants internet on her laptop can I take the plug in out of my desktop and put it in her laptop and get on the web?
    there should be no problem. we have had rare instances of laptop's hardware not supporting our modems. what i suggest is using the same wireless belkin unit and plug it into your desktop to create a wifi hotspot. so you can use both at the same time

2 Ways to Connect Two Computers Together with an Ethernet Cable

plug the ethernet cable into the WAN port of your belkin unit and configure it properly, should be all setup

otherwise go to mycricket.com and download the latest drivers/software for your device and try uninstall/reinstll those. you can use the modem as a usb flash drive too to transfer files between computers.

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Still no go.

Ethernet cable is out 60 feet from one 'puter to the other.

I have done everything I know to shut down the AC3781 so it won't load at start up. I went to msconfig to stop it but it is not listed. I found the folder but reluctant to butcher it thinking it won't load at start up but that is not the way to uninstall anything. Control Panel uninstall does not work because says it is running. All this plus I looked high and low for new/updated drivers but ZET site said no new drivers available. "otherwise go to mycricket.com and download the latest drivers/software for your device and try uninstall/reinstll those."
    If you can find new updated let me know.

Belkin in the desktop. Do you mean uninstall the Cricket modem software then install the Belkin software in the desktop? It came with a CD. If the laptop is not connecting I agree uninstall the Cricket software then reinstall it, but I can't because of afore mentioned reasons. If I plug the Belkin in the laptop it sees it and wants the CD to install drivers. Again, reluctant to install it over the Cricket AC3781 drivers.

Late yesterday afternoon I had a ray of hope when using the green box to "connect" then the monitor icons began blinking with four bars but bars disappeared. I poked around and found the English installation manual put it on the desktop so I could go by the letter but to no avail. If you have the activation code I could try to do a manual install I found al the numbers for that. You have my e mail so maybe u could e mail the code to me. Naturally frustrated at this point and any and all suggestions appreciated.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

I would very much appreciate it if you would answer my questions.

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    From what I gather you are a dealer, tech rep or whatever and IMO it would be in my best interest and yours for you to please answer the questions I set forth. I am reluctant to go spend more money with a different company to make something I bought work BEFORE exhausting all the resources available. I contacted a computer Guru who said he never heard of software the manufacturer of a product could not tell me how to uninstall. He walked me through the process and I tried msconfig but can not find it and services can't find it in the list. Evidently you are computer savvy you will understand. Plese go in msconfig and see how the modem is listed then in services and please tell me under what name(s) so I can deal with it and uninstall it thjen reinstall it and that just might work.

I note with interest one of your dealers said he has hot spots on back order but I found them in Savannah. But again, I am reluctant to go spend another $100. when what I have should work but it is not working like it should. Please, if you can not tell me how to uninstall the software then the proper thing to do in the customers best interest is refer me to someone who can. Thank you very much.

Thread Information