Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Cricket Broadband Is Garbage

Went over my 7gb plan and now my speed is 0.04 mb per seconed???? I cant even load a normal web page with that kind of speed. How can you continue to use the net with that? this is crazy! i pay alot of money for this service and today i did the right thing and will not continue my service with this crap provider.

2. Remove this advertisement.

By how much? What u paying a month?

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

If youre using more than 7gb a month on a wireless modem youre using the wrong product. You should be on a hardline.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

And since this isn't Cricket, who cares? This isn't a complaint department.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Yep, but when i bought it, it says its unlimited my friends.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Its all good no worries anymore i have Verizon coming in a few days with unlimited brodband in a few days .... Cricket!
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 05-05-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edited cuss word.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Unlimited yes, it doesn't say it won't get throttled when you go over the limit. They just reduce speed, and not cut you off completely, that is what unlimited means.

Verizon charges $10 per GB you go over your allowed usage.
    Last edited by wthigon; 05-04-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

People need to do more research to determine whether a product is right for them or not.. On the same hand Sales reps. need to be educated on how to assess a customers needs and why it is important to be honest.

Missing a sale is better than having a customer for life and having them bad mouth the entire company to all their friends, which will prevent people who would enjoy the product from making a purchase.

We're honest at our location, if they want to play a lot of games, watch a lot of netflix, we let them know that it may not be what they need.. The benefits of Cricket Broadband are that it is pay in advance with no contract and no hassle and it is portable..

It is NOT intended for every day heavy use.

It is GREAT for people who need internet access on the go for their jobs, school work, etc, since at this time there are not free hotspots all over. Unless you want to take up space in privately owned businesses sipping a coffee for hours on end.

Overall activity: 2.0%

I agree with everyone here. Never understood how a carrier can advertise unlimited than have a clause in it to lower speed but they all do it. The wireless card was made to work when your away from a hardwire not to replace the hard wire. For the price and features you can not beat cricket aircards. Since you use over 7 gb I am sure you doing more than surfing the web. Sounds like music and movie downloads which aircards are not made for.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    I agree with everyone here. Never understood how a carrier can advertise unlimited than have a clause in it to lower speed but they all do it. The wireless card was made to work when your away from a hardwire not to replace the hard wire. For the price and features you can not beat cricket aircards. Since you use over 7 gb I am sure you doing more than surfing the web. Sounds like music and movie downloads which aircards are not made for.
    I don't think Cricket started this great train wreck. I think they just had to jump on the bandwagon to be competitive.

Everyone eventually cuts off their highest data users even if they claim to be unlimited. Sprint admitted it a few months ago. I have unlimited data on two Verizon lines, but I haven't hit 7GB on either. When at CTIA I might though if they don't have a WIFI connection open on the showroom floor. I'll ask around if there are some protected ones for vendors :-).

I use to do long range wireless installations and maintenance. We're talking about 900mhz, 2.4ghz, and 5.4 ghz. If you are practically off the grid and have a local WISP (Wireless Internet Service Provider), they are a great alternative to satellite or cellular data.

I've never promoted cellular data networks for a home or business' main method of data delivery.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

I think some Cricket representatives should be more clear about the throttling. Some representatives will just say it is unlimited, and not mention the throttling. If they mentioned the throttling up front it would probably save a lot of frustration.

Cricket could also increase the throttling speed, so it is more usable. I think Virgin Mobile throttles at 256 kbps on their broadband plan.

I agree with posts above that customers should also do more research on products before signing up. All of the information is clear on Cricket's website, so if people do their research, there wouldn't be a problem.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I was in one of the test markets for Cricket Broadband when they had the PCMIA card and the very first USB modem. And I can tell you it was advertised and marketed as a DSL replacement. And it is in NO WAY capable of being a DSL replacement. The ping rate is too slow and the speeds are to unpredictable.

Now it is advertised and marketed as a portable broadband device made to augment your home internet service for those people on the go.

The other comments on here are so true! We, as representatives, should do a better job understanding a customers needs and give them the best advice on the correct product and plan. When I hear people going over their 7.5 GB soft cap a month, I immediately tell them to move over to a hard line service. That is where they should have been in the first place since Cricket is not designed as a replacement for hard line service.
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

O bought the 6 Gig plan with modem and it installed on our desktop just fine, but the laptop is a whole different story. I explained throughly what problems I am having and what steps I have taken to get the laptop on line, but thus far got an answer to go buy more software to make the AC3781 work in the laptop. Haven't had Cricket broadband a week yet and frustrated noone wil help me gewt it squared away. Former Home Depot Customer Service rep and if there is anything that chaps my cheeks is poor customer service. Besides, also Honorable Discharged Air Force vet intel type so I do have abundant amounts of G2.
    But all is not lost. I have 30 days to return the hardware for a refund, but I lose the month in advance I paid for the 6 Gig plan.
    It ain't like I am asking for a head on a platter. All I want to know is: HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE THE MODEM INSTALLED ON THE LAPTOP? See my thread and you'll get the whole picture. Good luck, be well and God Bless you.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Feb 2013

Still waiting for an Cricket ZTE expert tech rep to tell me how to yadyada.

Quote Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
    O bought the 6 Gig plan with modem and it installed on our desktop just fine, but the laptop is a whole different story. I explained throughly what problems I am having and what steps I have taken to get the laptop on line, but thus far got an answer to go buy more software to make the AC3781 work in the laptop. Haven't had Cricket broadband a week yet and frustrated noone wil help me gewt it squared away. Former Home Depot Customer Service rep and if there is anything that chaps my cheeks is poor customer service. Besides, also Honorable Discharged Air Force vet intel type so I do have abundant amounts of G2.
    But all is not lost. I have 30 days to return the hardware for a refund, but I lose the month in advance I paid for the 6 Gig plan.
    It ain't like I am asking for a head on a platter. All I want to know is: HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE SOFTWARE THE MODEM INSTALLED ON THE LAPTOP? See my thread and you'll get the whole picture. Good luck, be well and God Bless you.
    HUULLOO! Earth to Cricket ZTE BroadBand Jelly Roll Kings! Is anybody out there or did you run for the hills? HUH? HUH? Is you going to help and Old Veteran solve this problem or did u take my veterans disability and laughall the way to the bank?

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

You're a bit of an asshole aren't you? This forum isn't run or endorsed by cricket. Just wait patiently or go somewhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Since oldcoot and I can relate better, my advice is to pay the geeky techno kid down the street to fix it. PS. Daughters boyfriends love to score points by fixing stuff too.

Sent from my rotary phone.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Consult your S6 or G6.

Anyways not many people have Cricket broadband. You have a Windows machine I assume? Control panel > programs?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information