Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

dross

cricket Broadband- won't work!

I tried to set up the wireless broadband I purchased, and when I entered the network key, for days, it would not work. It finally did work today. I was able to enter the network key, but I only get local access. There is no internet access. I've taken my laptop and the cricket crossfire in to the store, and they didn't know what to do, so they said take it home and call the 800 number. I called the 800 number and have been on the phone for nearly two hours (the majority of it in waiting time), and after everything they had me try, it still isn't working. I can't even access it through the http://192.168.1.1 option. I am just out of ideas. I tried to connect the phone and install the drivers and stuff and connect through the usb option (yes, I did turn off the wireless first and yes, I've restarted the computer numerous times), to no avail. Can anyone help? I'm ready to take this crap back to the store and just get an aircard from verizon and call it a day already. :-/

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Do you think it might be your laptop?

I'm more than willing to do a remote connection via Teamviewer and see if some of your Internet settings are off.

dross

I don't think it's my laptop at all. I can get any wireless internet from home with my Comcast, and at internet cafes, etc. What should I be looking for in my settings?

Supporting Member

You're talking about the crosswave right? The device does have a light letting you know it has a connection to the network right?

Have you checked your ip address when connected and pinged the gateway? May be a end resolution issue too...

dross

Yes, it is the crosswave. It does have a light, and it is lit. I've pinged it- it did not work. I've uninstalled and reinstated. I've tried the 192.168.1.1 option in the web browser. I've tried connecting through the usb. Nothing is working.

dross

Quote Originally Posted by dross View Post
    Yes, it is the crosswave. It does have a light, and it is lit. I've pinged it- it did not work. I've uninstalled and reinstated. I've tried the 192.168.1.1 option in the web browser. I've tried connecting through the usb. Nothing is working.
    Also, whenever I try to comment, the access says "local" only. I don't have local and internet access.

Supporting Member

dross

Yes, ice tried the hard reset. Nothing.

dross

Ok, no one has any resolution? I still am not able to get any internet access on the crosswave?

CricketRepTommyD

are you stil having problems?

Thread Information