Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Question Please help needed here! Huawei EC1705 broadband

Hello

So i recently purchased the EC1705 broadband cause my previous A600 stopped working (the lights went dead and signal wasn't working well). I went to the stores near me and they didn't sale the A600 anymore and they were all out of stock of the newest cricket broadband the AC3781, so i just got the ec1705. Well after installing it (it all went good) but the problem is that i can't Safely Remove it or Eject it.

The Safely Remove and Eject options are available but when i click them nothing happens, no success message, no error message nothing!
    I also tried checking under Task Manager to see if the cricket broadband was running but it isn't.
    I already tried restarting the computer, uninstalling everything and reinstalling, also tried it on a different laptop and the same thing happens in it. (Both computers are Windows 7). I also did the Start > Run > Type in RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll and i got a message saying "Device is not removable and cannot be ejected".

I think i might damage it if i just unplugg it without safely removing it, so i don't want to do that. I already tried the cricket technical support but i'm pretty sure you all already know they're clueless people.

So i found this forum and i'm hoping someone can come around and help me out. I don't know if this is an issue with all Huawei ec1705 modems so if someone here has the same modem as me i want to know if you're able to safely remove it or do you just unplugg it or just shut down the computer?

Thanks in advance! and hope to have some answers.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i've come across this problem too. yanking it out most likely will not damage it. if you're paranoid you can shut down the computer then remove the device.

Why click safely remove hardware icon on USB flash drive

"Its there simply as an extra level of security preventing you from destroying your own files."

Thread Information